Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2016, 09:47 PM

17,597 posts, read 17,629,777 times

Advertisements

Imagine if, instead of taking away your license, you would have your vehicle taken away and you were sentenced to drive a vehicle of the court's choosing. What vehicle would you select for which driving offense? Regular excessive speed I'd find out which is the slowest accelerating vehicle (probably a toss between Smart & Mirage). Be nice if they could find a mint condition Chevette or VW Beetle of the rear engine era.

Aggressive or reckless driving, give them a mint condition 1980s death trap 2 door hatchback like a Chevy Sprint, Yugo, or Ford Festiva. If modern, a Smart car. Can't feel macho or invincible driving a Smart car. Make sure the stereo system is removed or disabled from these vehicles.

Caught too often texting and driving or caused a serious crash testing, Nissan Versa with stick shift.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2016, 10:13 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,503,954 times
It's supposed to be a punishment

Light traffic offense gets you a Trabant
If you do a bad thing you ridecthe bus
Rally bad you walk dragging a ball and chain. Literally a ball and chain

Old 03-21-2016, 10:23 PM

21,829 posts, read 25,102,289 times
What's a Nissan Versa with a stick shift got to do with texting?
It's not like it still won't go fast enough to put you in going to jail speeds or stop anyone from texting while driving. Versa is pretty much exactly what I drive, just with less practicality and 70% of the fuel economy, little worse with the manual, and a slightly nicer interior. Modern economy cars aren't exactly the penalty boxes they were in the '70s or '80s. They're considerably faster than a V8 Mustang was 40 years ago, handle better, much better interior and ride quality.

Old 03-21-2016, 10:24 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Imagine if, instead of taking away your license, you would have your vehicle taken away and you were sentenced to drive a vehicle of the court's choosing. What vehicle would you select for which driving offense? Regular excessive speed I'd find out which is the slowest accelerating vehicle (probably a toss between Smart & Mirage). Be nice if they could find a mint condition Chevette or VW Beetle of the rear engine era.

Aggressive or reckless driving, give them a mint condition 1980s death trap 2 door hatchback like a Chevy Sprint, Yugo, or Ford Festiva. If modern, a Smart car. Can't feel macho or invincible driving a Smart car. Make sure the stereo system is removed or disabled from these vehicles.

Caught too often texting and driving or caused a serious crash testing, Nissan Versa with stick shift.
If it is of the court's choosing then you have no choice so there is no valid question.

Old 03-22-2016, 06:43 AM

15,793 posts, read 20,472,889 times
Punishment vehicles for me would probably be:

Prius
Civic
Corolla's
Kia's
Hyundia's
BMW (I hate BMW with a burning fire in my deep dark soul)

Old 03-22-2016, 07:37 AM

3,782 posts, read 4,244,588 times
Arizona; summer....AMC Pacer without air....

Old 03-22-2016, 07:39 AM

899 posts, read 1,014,821 times
I'd drive a Chevy Sprint by choice. Love them, especially the turbo models.

Old 03-22-2016, 07:46 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
A punishment car makes no sense bc if you want to punish someone for their bad driving and keep the public safe, you shouldn't get to drive anymore.

Not put them in a car they might drive even more irresponsibly to make up for its shortcomings.

Old 03-22-2016, 07:57 AM

1,218 posts, read 3,467,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post

But I drive that already

Old 03-22-2016, 08:00 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,832,165 times
All in Mary Kay pink? How about driving a donk. Where is that pic of the yellow McDonald's donk.

Funniest South Florida Car Modifications
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive