Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 02:16 PM

1,710 posts, read 4,130,639 times

Advertisements

Big pickup trucks and SUVs are the worst. BMWs are close behind. There also seems to be something about Honda drivers, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2016, 02:25 PM

19,116 posts, read 25,313,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
There is still a segment of the population that drives them.
They have my sympathies...

Old 04-03-2016, 02:28 PM

371 posts, read 493,901 times
Audi's are the jerk vehicle choice of Denver.

Subaru's are slow. Prius drivers are scary incompetent.

And, in Colorado, it's ANYTHING with a "Respect Life" or "Breast Cancer" license plate. Seriously. They're taken on voluntarily, but they're like a scarlet letter that says "BAD DRIVER!" If you see a Prius with a Respect Life or Breast Cancer license plate, give them a wide berth.

Old 04-03-2016, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumpDay View Post
In my area the:

Worst:
BMW
Mercedes SUV's
Honda Pilots

Best:
Audi's
Volvo's

Is it me (not trying to stereotype but...) or that miniorities, Hispanic, African Americans drive Nissan Maximas, Nissan Altimas, Infinitis, older Toyotas with tinted windows and nice find?
The absolute worst in my neck of the woods are the women driving the huge Nissan Armadas and the mechanically identical (and massively overpriced) huge Infiniti SUVs. Apparently, it is required that those vehicles be driven by tiny women who have a cell phone perpetually glued to one of their ears. Of course, since those vehicles come equipped with Bluetooth technology, it is clear that those women lack the mental acuity to be able to figure out how to link their I-phones to the vehicle's Bluetooth capability.

In my neck of the woods, Audis (NOTE: NO APOSTROPHE!) and Volvos (NOTE: NO Apostrophe!) don't seem to be the major offenders, but because Volvos spend more time in the repair shop than on the road, that reality shouldn't be too surprising.

Hmmm...

Last edited by Retriever; 04-03-2016 at 03:16 PM..

Old 04-03-2016, 03:40 PM

2,753 posts, read 3,309,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
The absolute worst in my neck of the woods are the women driving the huge Nissan Armadas and the mechanically identical (and massively overpriced) huge Infiniti SUVs. Apparently, it is required that those vehicles be driven by tiny women who have a cell phone perpetually glued to one of their ears. Of course, since those vehicles come equipped with Bluetooth technology, it is clear that those women lack the mental acuity to be able to figure out how to link their I-phones to the vehicle's Bluetooth capability.

In my neck of the woods, Audis (NOTE: NO APOSTROPHE!) and Volvos (NOTE: NO Apostrophe!) don't seem to be the major offenders, but because Volvos spend more time in the repair shop than on the road, that reality shouldn't be too surprising.

Hmmm...
I don't really proofread my comments. My phone has me apostrophe almost everything and I'm too lazy to fix it. As long as I get my point across then it doesn't matter to me .

I don't see Nissan Armadas in my area often. I've only seen a few but a majority of the SUVs in my area are Dodge Caravans, Honda Odysseys, Honda Pilots, and all of the BMW SUVs. I've noticed that nearly 80% of all SUV drivers are driven by women in my area and as bad as it sounds, they're their cell phones ALOT.

Old 04-03-2016, 03:55 PM

Quote:
I've only seen a few but a majority of the SUVs in my area are Dodge Caravans, Honda Odysseys, Honda Pilots, and all of the BMW SUVs. I've noticed that nearly 80% of all SUV drivers are driven by women in my area and as bad as it sounds, they're their cell phones ALOT.

Dodge Caravans and Honda Odysseys are family vans, and are not SUVs.

As to, "they're their cell phones ALOT", what does that actually mean?
Are you attempting to tell us that "they're ON their cell phones a lot (TWO words!)"?

Last edited by Retriever; 04-03-2016 at 04:14 PM..

Old 04-03-2016, 04:32 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,423,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
Has anyone else noticed it's always certain brands of cars with aggressive drivers?

I'm not sure what it is, but Dodge trucks and anything Pontiac in my area are some of the most aggressive drivers.
No because that's a blanket statement and they are not true.

Are morons more attracted to some vehicles than others? Maybe, but it doesn't mean that ONLY idiots are driving those vehicles.

Old 04-03-2016, 04:36 PM

2,753 posts, read 3,309,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Dodge Caravans and Honda Odysseys are family vans, and are not SUVs.

As to, "they're their cell phones ALOT", what does that actually mean?
Are you attempting to tell us that "they're ON their cell phones a lot (TWO words!)"?

I think you know what I was trying to say. Why not change your name to "Grammar Nazi"?

Old 04-03-2016, 04:48 PM

Quote:
I think you know what I was trying to say. Why not change your name to "Grammar Nazi"?
Why not change your name to "Grammatically Challenged"?

If you are not aware that there is no such word, as "alot", then your education is...lacking.

Last edited by Retriever; 04-03-2016 at 04:58 PM..

Old 04-03-2016, 04:51 PM

469 posts, read 576,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
Has anyone else noticed it's always certain brands of cars with aggressive drivers?
Absolutely, my girlfriend and I have discussed this often. Lexus and Hyundai top the list for us. I have no idea as to why, but I've experienced a ton of aggressive behavior from drivers of these particular brands, especially when I lived in Florida. SUV's too. I know they aren't a "brand", but I see a disproportionate amount of folks acting like jerks while piloting them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive