Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2016, 09:31 PM

51 posts, read 43,490 times

Advertisements

Hello my husband has a very nice show car that he takes to car shows. If we stop at a store he will always park all the way at the end of parking lot so nobody will hit his doors. nine out of ten times someone will end up parking next to his car. He always says why is it that I park the furthest spot away from everybody else and someone has to park next to the car.

I said its to **** you off, since you always get pissed. hows that working for you by the way? lol he says oh shut up lol

anyone else notice that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2016, 11:49 AM

18,547 posts, read 15,581,120 times
Doesn't happen to me. I park far away because then I never have trouble finding my car.

Old 05-15-2016, 12:15 PM

759 posts, read 636,823 times
I've noticed quite a few brand new vehicles with nasty door dings... black cars are the worst. You can see imperfections from a mile away and nothing is uglier than a door ding. My neighbor came home in a brand new Challenger last month (black of course) and 2 days later he had a huge door ding on the passenger door as well as another on the front left fender. How does that happen? Are people really parking in these narrow parking spots that are right on top of each other?

I can see why your husband is like that... I am too. I drive a 2015 Challenger... and I park out of the way. I look for big parking spots and prefer to park in spots next to a curb... so I only have to avoid one parking next to me instead of two. People don't care... and yes, it's happened to me before. 10 years or so ago I went to Six Flags in my new car... parked way out and when I came back there was this beat up POS parked right next to me and I had a huge door ding on the rear fender. His back seats were full of kids toys so it's pretty obvious that some 12 year old opened the door with no consideration right into my car.

So far so good... but should I ever get door jacked I know a really good PDR guy.

Old 05-15-2016, 02:17 PM

19,024 posts, read 27,585,087 times
All I know is the more you concern yourself with this, try to avoid it, and get upset with it, the more of it will be happening. Law of Attraction.
Let it go and start parking where all normal folks park and do NOT be concerned - and it'll go away.

Old 05-15-2016, 02:51 PM

8,272 posts, read 10,986,863 times
I always park way away from other vehicles. No other cars around.
About half the time someone parks right next to me.
Almost if a game by some. And all that park next to me have newer and nicer vehicles.

Old 05-15-2016, 06:10 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,129,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
I always park way away from other vehicles. No other cars around.
About half the time someone parks right next to me.
Almost if a game by some. And all that park next to me have newer and nicer vehicles.
This, I do it all the time and someone always parks next to me also, but not in nicer cars. I'll bet 9 times of 10 that it's a woman who parked next to me. People seem to be afraid of parking out by themselves, so they latch onto another car (mine)

Old 05-15-2016, 06:22 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,075,211 times
Park diagonally across two spots or on the painted line taking two spots.

Old 05-15-2016, 06:29 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,395,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
Park diagonally across two spots or on the painted line taking two spots.
Which is a good way of getting your car keyed by someone who objects to either your sense of entitlement or inability to park.

Old 05-15-2016, 08:26 PM

9,131 posts, read 20,006,903 times
Some people do it just to be jerks, but I do not see it happening as often as it is talked about.

I hate door dings and always park strategically. I do not park a mile away, but I do prefer end spaces, where I can park all the way to one side, or will park back enough in that zone where people will leave a space for ease of getting in, because one space closer means very little since it is a ways away anyway.

If you do pick up a ding, paintless ding repair works wonders!

Old 05-16-2016, 01:07 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,626,379 times
I always park in the back 40 of the lot. It's not because I'm worried about door dings, it's a question of safety. The area near the door is the most densely populated portion of the lot, and there's just too much going on there - people backing in and out, usually not looking very carefully for other traffic and distracted because there are too many cars moving around in that part of the lot, pedestrians sneaking around with shopping carts, etc. I like to have a little space around me so I can see clearly what's happening in my vicinity when I pull out.

Besides, I like to get a little exercise when I can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive