Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2016, 07:44 AM
PDD PDD started this thread

8,773 posts, read 18,302,576 times

Advertisements

There is a Billionaire who owns a lot of expensive cars and he is unhappy with the way he has been treated by the established automobile service business.

He wants to open his own auto service company with franchises all over the country. I am concerned because he has never owned a car repair service and he has no experience in servicing the needs of the auto owning public.
Would you trust your car to somebody with no car repair experience? He says he is going to hire the best mechanics to do the work but since he has no auto service experience where is he going to find those mechanics?
He said if he gets enough people to back him in his new venture he will open the shops in January 2017.

I just wonder how many car owners are willing to trust their car maintenance to a company with absolutely no experience?

There is also another person with a lifetime of auto repair service who also wants to open a national chain of auto repair shops but she has a reputation of not being so honest with some of her business dealings.
She gets the job done but sometimes her customers are no so happy with the service and extra charges to make things right.
Unlike the billionaire she does have a very experienced staff of top shelf service personnel.
She has been sued buy some customers over questionable business practices but many of them are from chronic complainers who are never satisfied with anything.

So what to do, take my expensive auto to the new shop with no experienced people or to the shop with the experienced people with the risk of occasionally being overcharged for sometime shoddy work.

I am in a real dilemma.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2016, 07:55 AM

8,272 posts, read 10,876,055 times
The posting is way to vague.

Find yourself a good local independent repair shop.

Old 06-11-2016, 08:03 AM

5,251 posts, read 14,134,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post

So what to do, take my expensive auto to the new shop with no experienced people or to the shop with the experienced people with the risk of occasionally being overcharged for sometime shoddy work.

I am in a real dilemma.

Neither. Find a good local shop, with a good reputation. If your expensive auto is an exotic. Take it to the dealer or a person who specializes in those type of vehicles.

Old 06-11-2016, 09:10 AM

18,788 posts, read 27,223,935 times
Post is completely illogical.
Billionaire is not going to repair cars himself, so his level of repair expertise is irrelevant. He needs to be a good businessman and have good hiring policies. That's it. To hire good mechanics and establish proper outcomes.
OP, when you take your car to a shop, you hand key to a Mr Nice up front that looks knowledgeable and professional. After done, at dealership, a car jockey takes your car, with all precautions clearly shown to YOU, to somewhere else in the building. For what it is, inside there, out of your sight, your car may be serviced by a baboon with a mace yet you BELIEVE that it is serviced by a high level professional mechanic - based on impression from the front.
So don't be silly. Eg, I'd rather hand my car to a shop that Elon Musk runs, than to a corner shop run by Joe Shmoe from Burkina Faso.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive