Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2016, 06:53 PM

2,619 posts, read 2,333,515 times

Advertisements

My car has never seen an automatic wash and she gets lots of love. She's a real pain to take care of, flat black color. I live in Phoenix with plenty of dust, small debris and of course that constant sun. She's a daily driver and she sits in the sun all day at work.

I wash the car by hand every 10-14 days on average. I use NXT 2.0 wax/sealant twice per year. I clay bar once per year. In between I wax the entire car once every 2-3 months with an easy on paste wax, recently being Finish Kare Paste Wax. Every month I ad an extra layer of paste wax to the hood and roof in the summer as I can tell that it burns/removes quickly in the heat here based on how the water beading changes when I wash it.

Any recommendations for an easy on/off paste wax that isn't super expensive.

Thanks!

Last edited by lewdog_5; 06-21-2016 at 07:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2016, 07:23 PM

11,339 posts, read 16,695,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog_5 View Post
My car has never seen an automatic wash and she gets lots of love. She's a real pain to take care of, flat black color. I live in Phoenix with plenty of dust, small debris and of course that constant sun. She's a daily driver and she sits in the sun all day at work.

I wash the car by hand every 10-14 days on average. I use NXT 2.0 wax/sealant twice per year. I clay bar once per year. In between I wax the entire car once every 2-3 months with an easy on paste wax, recently being Finish Kare Paste Wax. Every month I ad an extra layer of paste wax to the hood and roof in the summer as I can tell that it burns/removes quickly in the heat here based on how the water beading changes when I was it.

Any recommendations for an easy on/off paste wax that isn't super expensive.

Thanks!
One word, "zaino". but it's a polish, not a wax.

Zaino Store

Old 06-21-2016, 07:40 PM

2,619 posts, read 2,333,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
One word, "zaino". but it's a polish, not a wax.

Zaino Store
Oh I am somewhat familiar with Zaino and the "layering" you can provide with it. Not sure I'm will to spend the money for it though. I know you're either a Zaino fanboy or you aren't. Many guys I see using it aren't using it on daily driver's like mine but show cars instead. Would I wax on top of it for protection? Or is it's protection that much superior in your opinion that nothing else is needed? Why are some car guys Zaino or nothing? Have you used it personally?

Old 06-21-2016, 07:49 PM

359 posts, read 361,147 times
i wouldnt change a thing meguiars imho is fantastic

Old 06-21-2016, 10:28 PM

2,700 posts, read 4,936,858 times
Mothers Synthetic wax

Old 06-22-2016, 07:14 AM

2,684 posts, read 2,398,044 times
I find the Meguiars Cleaner Wax to work so well for removing little junk that I never need to clay bar my car. I just use the cleaner wax every couple of months. It doesn't work as well as clay bar in one shot but after a few applications there just isn't anything left in the paint for the clay bar to pick up.

Old 06-22-2016, 07:42 AM

4,833 posts, read 5,730,843 times
I don't use wax anymore, I coat my cars. CQuartz or Opticoat. These things last years (the pro versions are supposed to be lifetime).

It's been almost two years (July 2014) and my car still beads and shines like the day I coated it.

But if you prefer wax try P21s or it's sister product S100 that can usually be found local if you have a Harley dealership. Most other high end products can only be purchased online. Good thing about S100 is it has a good shine and is easily applied. It won't leave a white paste when it dries so you don't have to worry about getting it on plastic trim. Bad thing is durability. Probably get 4-6 weeks out of it. And that is the main reason I no longer use waxes, their durability is terrible. And the less I have to "touch" my car the better off the paint/clearcoat will be.

Old 06-22-2016, 08:02 AM

4,938 posts, read 3,046,341 times
Polyurethane works better than boat wax, and can be applied in direct sun.

Yes, that cheap orange bottle of NuFinish really does last almost a year as advertised.

Old 06-22-2016, 09:10 AM

1,098 posts, read 1,245,884 times
No doubt for the money...Collinite 845 is the best stuff. It is super easy to apply and remove and is only about 19 bucks. It will last 3-6 months dependent on the climate and use of vehicle.

Collinite 845

Old 06-22-2016, 09:13 AM

4,833 posts, read 5,730,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jms493 View Post
No doubt for the money...Collinite 845 is the best stuff. It is super easy to apply and remove and is only about 19 bucks. It will last 3-6 months dependent on the climate and use of vehicle.

Collinite 845
I've tried that before, I never got 3 months out of it. But it is easy to apply.

But honestly, if you want the easiest protection go with Hydro2.

CarPro Hydro2 Touchless Silica Sealant, spray on car wax

From auto detailing pros the stuff really works and you don't have to even touch your car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive