Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2016, 04:15 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,025,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1278 View Post
The latest and greatest Iphone is more important to people these days that's why. That $600 phone can buy a whole set of tires.
I can get a new set of goodyear tires (15") for $300.00. I replaced the front tires on my car last oct & the old tires were 11 yrs old (pep boys tires). The donut tire in my trunk is 12 yrs old & leaks air over time. Luckily I don't drive much cause my car is a gas guzzler & gets around 12 mpg. UGH !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2016, 07:30 PM

1,217 posts, read 1,226,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Not in AWD vehicles unless it matches the exact tires already on the vehicle.
You can still buy....just....one.....tire.

Nobody can make you buy two if you don't want to.

Old 08-13-2016, 07:31 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,304,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Said the guy who takes pictures of vehicles so he can scroll through his photos while he's driving.

When did I do that?

Old 08-13-2016, 07:33 PM

45,391 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpanaPointer View Post
When did I do that?
Something about taking a picture of a truck with a phone holder so you can recognize it on the interstate. Do you post so much drivel you can't remember it all?

Old 08-15-2016, 11:28 AM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLHfan View Post
You can still buy....just....one.....tire.

Nobody can make you buy two if you don't want to.

AGAIN it has to match the other tires on the vehicle if it's a AWD vehicle.

Old 08-22-2016, 09:58 AM

1,217 posts, read 1,226,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Government regulation is not helping the bad tire situation. You can't go in and replace one bad tire. You must buy tires in pairs and sometimes you must buy 4 new tires in order to replace one bad tire. Yes, I agree, tires in front should match, but if someone has a money problem, they might be able to scrape up enough to replace just that one tire, but not two, and not mount and balance for two and may another $50 for a new tire sensor for each wheel.
Quote:
AGAIN it has to match the other tires on the vehicle if it's a AWD vehicle.
You're missing the point of oregon's post. Nobody said anything about AWD. AGAIN, you CAN buy one tire. it doesn't have to match or anything else.. NOBODY CAN MAKE YOU BUY MATCHING TIRES. Should you? Well, that's not the point of the post.

Old 08-24-2016, 02:35 AM

4,856 posts, read 5,823,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpanaPointer View Post
I saw an Ford F-350 Compensator at a grocery store last week. The driver had two holders for cell phones mounted on the dash over the steering wheel. I took a picture or two so I'd recognize it again if I saw it on the interstate.
I used ti see an S10 kinda like that, had a phone mounted above the steering wheel. I watched him at the light, and he was using it as a speedometer, with an app.

Old 08-24-2016, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
well I don't know, but that could be a great opening line. I could see it now: "I don't need a Sch-long Extender to show what I am packing, I let the Versa do the talking for me." Maybe Nissan can advertise the Versa in Men's Magazines: "When you don't need a car to advertise what you have".

Now I am not putting down the Versa in any way. I don't know how it is as a "chick magnet" so to speak. Like I say, buy the car you like and can afford.
I like large and/or fast vehicles, if somebody thinks I'm compensating, then they can request a link to my Fetlife profile. They'll understand I need the interior room, lol. My stepdad drives a Ranger, it does not do "truck things," like carry hay, or a load of scrap, or whatever, so I wonder what they'd say about him? It's like saying a single person with a sedan is compensating for lack of family, or something.

I was considering a Ram 1ton dually, just because I like them, before I got fired. Maybe if it happens, I'll get a tannau cover, and glue stuff to it, so it looks like it's "earnin its keep," with a full bed.

Old 08-24-2016, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Not sure what ceullar company you are talking about but our bill together on a family plan (2 people) with a new IPhone and 2 gigs data with 2 insurances is $175 a month.

BTW you can't get Iphones on Cricket/Boost/Metro PCS contracts.

Let me ask you this: Are you in the automotive industry? Are you seeing 200+ people a week walk into your store in this situation that I'm originally talking about? Clearly you are not...
Yes you can, the phone payment is in the bill, you are right on one thing; Cricket doesn't do contracts, I asked them about the Note 4, and they said $XX down payment, and &XX added to the bill, until the $400 phablet was paid off.

Old 08-24-2016, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLHfan View Post
Yes. You can just buy one tire.
I bought one tire every other paycheck once, then mounted them at school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive