Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2016, 01:11 PM

2,753 posts, read 3,275,216 times

Advertisements

A few years back me and a friend of mine were pulled over while on our way home. This friend of mine is a local comedian and while the cop was about to step out of his car to talk to us my friend said, "Bet I can try to use humor to get out of a ticket?". When the cop walked up to the window and asked, "Any reason why you think I pulled you over today?", my friend responded, "Because you think I have donuts?". While I was shocked trying to keep a straight face the cop was smiling trying not to laugh but he was able to keep a professional attitude. He ended up getting a ticket but either way it was a ballsy move especially since you don't know how he's going to react.

Any of you guys have a story that has happened to you or from someone else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2016, 02:23 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,096 posts, read 80,136,113 times
That was a funny story, but humor making fun of the cop might not have been the best choice. My wife has never gotten a ticket, but has been driving over 50 years. She did get stopped one for speeding, 34 in a 25, and told the cop she was anxious to get our daughter (then 11) to her birthday party.mthe cop told my daughter that since it was her birthday she could decide whether or not her mother should get a ticket. Fortunately she said no.

Old 08-27-2016, 02:45 PM

2,753 posts, read 3,275,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
That was a funny story, but humor making fun of the cop might not have been the best choice. My wife has never gotten a ticket, but has been driving over 50 years. She did get stopped one for speeding, 34 in a 25, and told the cop she was anxious to get our daughter (then 11) to her birthday party.mthe cop told my daughter that since it was her birthday she could decide whether or not her mother should get a ticket. Fortunately she said no.
That's a great excuse to make whenever a kid is in the car. I even heard stories about people putting pictures of themselves next to cops on the dashboard so when the cop asks about the picture, they'll say it's a family members so they can try to get out of a ticket.

Old 08-27-2016, 03:12 PM

6,409 posts, read 6,931,117 times
My roommate in college told me about getting pulled over late at night and he passed everything he was asking. Then the cop said "I have one last question for, why are you wearing sunglasses in the middle of the night?" He couldn't pass it up and remembered the movie My Science Project and said "when you're cool, the sun shines on you 24 hrs a day!" LOL

Last edited by wamer27; 08-27-2016 at 03:39 PM..

Old 08-27-2016, 03:25 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,625,497 times
there was a story that was passed around, true or not i dont know. apparently a guy decided to run from the cops. the op asked him why he didnt stop when he first hit the lights, the guy replied, my ex-girlfriend ran off with a cop a few months ago, and i thought you were bringing her back.

Old 08-27-2016, 05:19 PM

18,770 posts, read 27,196,342 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtk5Ej-xLsM

Old 08-27-2016, 06:10 PM

7,892 posts, read 12,593,914 times
Driving home on a Sunday before Labor day after work. I am doing 65 in a 55mph zone and a trooper pulls me over. It is in a rural area so I pulled off the main road onto a country lane so the officer isn't exposed to traffic. He's in his car writing the ticket and I start hearing tiny "meow" sounds. He gives me the ticket and drives off. I decide to investigate the kitten noises. I find two 6 week old +/- kittens in the weeds by my truck. The trooper comes back for some reason (maybe because I hadn't moved on) and helps me catch the cats. I brought them home to live with me and my six dogs.

I call them my 200 dollar cats. The ticket was 200 dollars (In Tennessee if a trooper writes the ticket there is a 165 dollar fee on top of the fine).

All in all it was a good trade; got two great cats out of it.

One of the cats is staring at me as I type this.....

Old 08-27-2016, 06:28 PM

16,979 posts, read 21,625,959 times
Running fast in an AMG Mercedes a few years back (I95, S. Florida)......100-120 mph at late at night. Guy was in a much faster 911 Turbo running with me. Trooper gets on and runs 5 exits trying to catch us.....I notice the car gaining on us and step it up (125-135) and car is still coming. Cop hits the lights and I pull over.....Porsche driver takes off.

License, registration etc.......followed by "Why are you driving so fast?" I told him I was running with the 911 and didn't notice the speed. He explained how he chased us for 5 exits (probably 10-12 miles). He thanked me for pulling over, told me to slow down and have a good night!

Never had that happen to me again!

Old 08-27-2016, 08:25 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,693,310 times
Years ago we had a 68 Mustang that was a street/strip car that I raced on Sundays. I would drive it to the track, put the 11 inch slicks on, and race.

One Sunday the races went long and I didn't change the slicks out to drive home, and I left them on for the next day, Monday, to drive to work. As I was coming around a turn, I was slightly over the line and here comes a cop the other way, who had to swerve a little to get over. He did a U turn and lit me up.

As they were taking my info, I was explaining that I was blinded by the sun () and didn't see him coming the other way. When he asked me about the open headers, I told him I was late for work this morning and didn't have a chance to cap them up.

There were two cops riding together, and the one said "And look at how bald those tires are on the back !" The other cop gave him a look as if to say "You are a DA." and then he said "Those are racing slicks." The other cop just said "Oh !"

They left me off with a warning.

Don

Old 08-28-2016, 12:35 AM

34,258 posts, read 19,220,533 times
LOL. OK I do have one involving donuts. So I get pulled over for expired tags. The cop checks license, registration, etc. But....we've parked by a bakery. The donuts smelled incredible. We're both looking around at it. and...OMG...donuts...cop...it smells soo good....

And I Have NO idea what to say. None. He looks at me, says "I was going to give you a ticket, but the smell of donuts has just made me too happy". I calmly responded "I know right? Thanks!" And....as he drove past me leaving me with a warning, and left earshot I lost it. Totally lost it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive