Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2016, 03:07 PM

2,444 posts, read 2,739,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
I dont think you can shoot someone for them giving you a piece of their mind. But i dont have that law here, what we do have though is all sorts of military aircraft patrolling the area so if you shoot someone you wont get far.
In Texas, I'm pretty sure you can shoot anyone for anything.

Old 08-29-2016, 03:20 PM

41,815 posts, read 50,806,627 times
Quote:
Im a hazard to people like you
You are hazard to me and everyone else because you are obstructing the flow of traffic for everyone whether they are driving below the speed limit, at the speed limit or faster than the speed limit. This concept should not be that difficult to understand but apparently it is.

I will reiterate again. Whether there is a speed limit, no speed limit, people are driving the speed limit or everyone is pretending it's the Indy 500 the safest driving practice is to stay right and pass left.

Quote:
just pissed off internet leadfoots wanting us to cave for them
While I'm sure you are a very angry person given your attitude towards this I don't get angry over people like you because it's not worth it. I just sigh and think to myself another driver on the road that doesn't belong there.

Old 08-29-2016, 03:28 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,418,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SereneSage View Post
I've never been pulled over once.

As for people trying to "catch up to me" and "give me a piece of their mind" my state has a ground your ground law. Get up in my face and / or touch me /my car and see what happens. Enough said.
Well, at least we don't have to worry about you giving anybody a piece of your mind, do we?

Old 08-29-2016, 04:51 PM

1,995 posts, read 2,058,763 times
Does anyone else feel like there is one person with 3 names highjacking this thread?

Old 08-29-2016, 05:19 PM

2,587 posts, read 1,576,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SereneSage View Post
I'm in FL. It is important to note in my state if you go the speed limit on any sort of highway in any lane you'll be passed by hordes of traffic and likely ran off the road. The police here don't care, they are doing 100 as well. Speeding tickets are very rare here because if the police pulled over every person who was speeding there would be no one on the road. Even when you do get ticketed you can just take the ticket(s) to a law firm and they are quickly dismissed without any negative consequence to the driver other than a small lawyer's fee.

People from places like Texas and Iowa move here and complain about the "bad drivers" when in fact it is just a different style of driving. Kind of like a person who spent most of their life driving in rural Wyoming than subsequently moved to Bangkok or New Delhi and complained about the "awful drivers" in those sort of places. You simply can't drive small town one stoplight style in a major metropolis. Doesn't make any sense at all.

Ah, Florida, the sunshine State, driving there is so easy, even for someone like me, who shuns the steering wheel whenever I can.
We often vacation there, renting pool homes as far north as Crystal River, through Weeki-Wachee, Spring Hill, Port Richey, Hudson, Tarpon Springs, maybe as far East as Winter Haven or Zephyr Hills, but that's far enough east, you get too near Orlando, and if I wanted to be around chavvy Brits, I'd go to Blackpool.
Of course not all my countrymen are chavvy, but we changed planes in Orlando once, en route to Fort Myers, and that was enough to give me a heads up.
My wife loves Sarasota, Punta Gorda, Venice, Sanibel, and Naples, so I've done my time on U.S.19, S.R.41, I.75, and I.4.
Any 2 or 3 lane road, 19, 75, or 4, or the Suncoast Parkway if I'm on it, I'll do maybe 5 - 8 m.p.h. over the limit, and providing I can do it safely, without inconveniencing anyone, I'll pass in any lane that looks safe, and is open to me, naturally I'd prefer to pass by moving left, but if I'm being balked by slower vehicles, I'll take an easier option, PROVIDING it is safe to do so.

Old 08-29-2016, 05:21 PM

30,487 posts, read 17,920,820 times
Quote:
My being patient and following the speed limit saves more lives than your attitude does. And i havent gotten a ticket since the 1990s and that was for driving 35 in a 30.
The video and research show that yours is the attitude that is killing people. You can ignore the video and research if you want, but I've yet to see you refute them with anything solid; you've just tried to justify your own lawlessness in not treating the passing lane as the passing lane.

Old 08-29-2016, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriver View Post
Does anyone else feel like there is one person with 3 names highjacking this thread?
You're not the only one.

Old 08-29-2016, 05:43 PM

Quote:
They're probably not trying to catch you. They are probably doing the same thing I do on the highways when a speeder goes past me. You are being there rabbit. Its you who is gonna pull out the cops and get the ticket while they have plenty of time to slow down without getting caught. You become the early warning system. They just need to stay close enough to keep you and your brake lights in sight, and far enough back so that if a cop comes out they aren't going to get pulled over too. For me, the distance is roughly about 1/4-1/2 mile depending on the geography
Doubtful. These are drivers who are in no threat of being ticketed to begin with (at least not for speeding), who then try to, if briefly, play catch up, before settling back down to their under the speed limit speed. They in no way seriously try to hang with me for long. Funny thing is that I don't even drive excessively fast here where I am. I typically go only five above the speed limit . . . the problem is that these slow left lane drivers are driving at or below the speed limit!

Old 08-29-2016, 06:17 PM

1,995 posts, read 2,058,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Doubtful. These are drivers who are in no threat of being ticketed to begin with (at least not for speeding), who then try to, if briefly, play catch up, before settling back down to their under the speed limit speed. They in no way seriously try to hang with me for long. Funny thing is that I don't even drive excessively fast here where I am. I typically go only five above the speed limit . . . the problem is that these slow left lane drivers are driving at or below the speed limit!
I get a lot of those too though. My 1/2 ton pickup has a manual transmission, and a v8. I only rev to about 3k rpm usually but I out accelerate most everyone every time. There are usually people in economy cars who try to keep up or push it to block me out, then I rev it out and stay ahead. They will usually do try to stay close to the speed limit or maybe 10 over. I'm usually doing more than that right away. Its as if there too insecure and take it personal. I'm not trying to race them, I'm just trying to utilize my power band.

Old 08-29-2016, 07:07 PM

15,395 posts, read 25,653,149 times
Quote:
I think it is three separate people. Their lack of common sense is more common than you think. There's got to be many who just make up their own interpretations of the law and clog up the left lane because it happens in every state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive