Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 02:33 PM

17,304 posts, read 12,228,591 times

Advertisements

Continental. The ExtremeContact DWS is an outstanding performance all weather tire that is M+S rated.

But yes, all brands offer tires that make different compromises. So a brand-wide comparison isn't really meaningful. Have to look at individual tire comparisons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2016, 02:36 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,764,742 times
Depends on the car and the tire type, purpose and model. No one brand is best for all things.

However when it comes to snow tires, I will swear by Blizzacks. I had some Winterforce tires that were ok too, but not as good as blizzacks. None of the others seem to be any good at all.

Old 10-24-2016, 04:26 PM

2,452 posts, read 2,379,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Depends on the car and the tire type, purpose and model. No one brand is best for all things.

However when it comes to snow tires, I will swear by Blizzacks. I had some Winterforce tires that were ok too, but not as good as blizzacks. None of the others seem to be any good at all.
The car is a 2016 Mercedes CLA 250 NIII-A( Armored) so it's heavier than the regular car.
There is a really good deal on Dunlop. I've never used them in a car but they make really good bike tires.

Old 10-28-2016, 07:06 AM

3,177 posts, read 6,819,414 times
I generally buy Michelin and Continental.

Old 10-28-2016, 10:07 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,764,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by survivingearth View Post
The car is a 2016 Mercedes CLA 250 NIII-A( Armored) so it's heavier than the regular car.
There is a really good deal on Dunlop. I've never used them in a car but they make really good bike tires.
Tire rack has a lot of test reports and comparisons or different tires. They usually report on noise, stopping, traction, durability. . .. It depends on what is important to you. When I buy tires for my truck I want them to work well traction wise in multiple types of conditions (mud, snow, ice). I do not want super noisey tires, but I do not want to pay a premium or sacrifice performance for tires that have a really quiet ride. I do not go tearing around corners in my truck and if I did, tires are not going to help much anyway, so cornering on dry pavement is not important. Durability is important, but it is a trade off with traction in many cases. Softer tires get better traction, but do not last as long. Some tires can help improve your MPG if that is important to you, but you lose traction.

So, you have to think about what it is you want form your tires first, then go do the research. Try to figure out what balances you want. Also be careful. I once said "Well I do nto care about road noise as long as they perform well and are cheap" When I could not hear my stereo, i realized that was a mistake. Some noise = ok for me. ridiculous noise = no no no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive