Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2016, 05:49 PM

3,662 posts, read 2,943,593 times

Advertisements

Anyone on CD have an opinion on Advantage rent a car vs the big names Hertz, Dollar, Alamo.
The reviews for them are so out of the norm as in subpar it makes me wonder will It be worth saving the 20 bucks over a 3 day rental period vs the rest.

This is out of Phoenix if that matters. The airport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2016, 06:50 PM

597 posts, read 666,749 times
Used Advantage in Atlanta about 5 years ago and it was fantastic - quick getting the car, easy to return, friendly, car was clean and drove well. I was surprised after the fact to see that their reviews, on average, were not so good (but haven't really checked them since). I can only provide my own experience, and in that one instance, Advantage served me very well - and was cheap (though I was just renting a Kia Forte).

Old 11-03-2016, 08:51 PM

3,662 posts, read 2,943,593 times
Just went further in the PHX airport reviews. I think I shall stay with Enterprise for my 3 day rental. Its 18 bucks more but without the horrible reviews.

Old 11-04-2016, 06:15 AM

10,914 posts, read 31,394,981 times
Prior to the Hertz sale of Advantage, when Hertz owned them for a couple of years, I think that there were better standards in place. Advantage acts like Enterprise local does, and some airport locations, where they treat the consumer as a hostile entity. Enterprise airport locations are generally not that bad, but there are a couple that act like the local agencies, whereas the other companies owned by Enterprise Holdings, National and Alamo do not have the same spotty customer service. I'd stick with a larger company, unless you like waiting and have tons of paperwork, just to save $20.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 11-04-2016, 07:14 AM

1,344 posts, read 3,404,759 times
I've used them in the past. The front counter is slow and their paperwork/receipts weren't straight (embedded charges and options added). The person behind the counter only spoke broken English (my guess is she was fully bilingual) but threw in her foreign tongue so I had no idea what she was saying. I rented the car which was OK but I got the same issue trying to straighten out the billing on the back end. Another person doing the same type of foreign tongue.

Old 11-04-2016, 04:29 PM

4,686 posts, read 6,137,107 times
I used the location by RSW and I didnt have an issue with them. The people in front of me were cursing they got ripped off, but with any rental car company, I read ALL the terms and make sure they agree at the counter.

Make sure there a NO miles per day limit. They assign you cars vs you picking your own, but if you ask politely what other options they have, they will change the car for you if it is in the same class.

Prepare for all the upselling and the usual expected at a rental counter.
Prepare to pay a $200 deposit and you will get it back as long as you return the car the way you got it.
Check the car top to bottom and report any scratches, even though this applies to all rental agencies?

After that and the shuttle ride, since its off airport most of the times, its no different that any other agency, excpet you saved alot of money.

I sill prefer Alamo, Avis, Enterprise, but if the price is right ill use Advantage.

Old 11-05-2016, 11:20 AM

2,424 posts, read 3,536,739 times
https://www.autoslash.com/

https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/tra...cussion/790643
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive