Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 12:20 PM

2,983 posts, read 3,089,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsvibe View Post
I think that there is a bit of truth to the comment that people are buying these luxury electric cars as status symbols. I think that going forward, as more are on the market, the sales are going to decline. Lucid will probably sell very well in the short term, but the fact that these are very boring cars to own is going to hurt them long term. What do you have to look forward too, installing a new antivirus program? Trying a different brand of tire? With traditional vehicles, people read about new aftermarket parts, spend time building a garage full of tools to work on them. Add superchargers and turbos, exhaust systems. You loose all of that with electric vehicles.
That crowd is a small segment of the buying population, otherwise Camrys and Accords wouldn't sell so well. Almost none of them get modded or anything. Think about it this way, the Tesla and Lucid are fast and pretty and you don't have to do anything to them to get them that way.

And aftermarket up grades for EVs? You sound like the crowd that said that we'd never be modifying computer controlled ignition or injection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2016, 10:13 PM

426 posts, read 423,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsvibe View Post
I was shopping at the autoparts store Saturday and met the first Tesla owner I have spoken too. The gentleman was in his mid 60's, and currently owns 12 cars, 2 boats, and an aircraft. He had on a Tesla bomber jacket, and that was how I identified him. I asked him about the Tesla, and how he likes it. He said to me that it was a fun "toy", and was fast as heck. He loved how quiet it was. That was basically it. He hated the fact that there wasn't anything that he could do to the car. Just change the tires and wiper blades. He was at the store getting parts to change the oil oh his wifes Range Rover. He was very excited to talk about his Corvettes and Camaros, but when talking about the Tesla, he was very matter of fact. I looked at the car on the way out, and it didn't seem like anything special.

I think that there is a bit of truth to the comment that people are buying these luxury electric cars as status symbols. I think that going forward, as more are on the market, the sales are going to decline. Lucid will probably sell very well in the short term, but the fact that these are very boring cars to own is going to hurt them long term. What do you have to look forward too, installing a new antivirus program? Trying a different brand of tire? With traditional vehicles, people read about new aftermarket parts, spend time building a garage full of tools to work on them. Add superchargers and turbos, exhaust systems. You loose all of that with electric vehicles.
The guy wears a Tesla bomber jacket, comes to a auto parts store in his Tesla and yet he's not excited with his Tesla? Does that even make sense?

Old 12-05-2016, 10:15 PM

426 posts, read 423,798 times
Lucid motor was formally called atieva. Here is the test mule, a sprinter van called Edna.

https://youtu.be/VQn9DLOQWZg

Old 02-01-2017, 04:23 PM

1,995 posts, read 2,076,157 times
I signed up for updates from Lucid motors, and received this today.

https://lucidmotors.com/stories/luci...id-sound-feb17

Old 02-01-2017, 04:48 PM

14,047 posts, read 13,923,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatedcu View Post
Lucid motor was formally called atieva. Here is the test mule, a sprinter van called Edna.

https://youtu.be/VQn9DLOQWZg
If is sexy like Bmw and Audi I am sold

Old 02-07-2017, 05:49 PM

1,995 posts, read 2,076,157 times
The 1,000 horsepower, all-electric powertrain and performance-tuned suspension make the Air a great driver’s car.

Lucid Air Comes to Southern California this Weekend

Lucid will be in Southern California this weekend, and we want to meet you! Come join us at one of the following events to meet our team and see the Lucid Air in person.

Cars & Coffee, Aliso Viejo

https://www.facebook.com/events/752250648273980/
When: Saturday, 2/11/17 from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m.
Where: Aliso Viejo Town Center, 26901 Aliso Creek Road, Aliso Viejo, California 92656

Supercar Sunday, Woodland Hills
Supercar Sunday | World Famous Car Show
When: Sunday 2/12/17 from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m.
Where: Westfield Promenade Mall, 6100 Topanga Canyon Boulevard, Woodland Hills, CA 91367

Not really close enough for me, I sure hope someone posts up on here after going.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive