Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 03:28 PM

130 posts, read 465,325 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

What kind of deals do you all think I can expect during "year end sales events" ? I purchased several cars but all from private owners...never did the dealership thing. Hoping to get a new 2016 or 2017 Honda Civic (loaded) between now and the end of the year. I've seen a few sales that show like $300 dollars off the MSRP but that hardly sounds like a significant amount when you're looking at 20K and up.

Thank you in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2016, 05:19 PM

8,272 posts, read 10,911,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronze18 View Post
Hello everyone,

What kind of deals do you all think I can expect during "year end sales events" ? I purchased several cars but all from private owners...never did the dealership thing. Hoping to get a new 2016 or 2017 Honda Civic (loaded) between now and the end of the year. I've seen a few sales that show like $300 dollars off the MSRP but that hardly sounds like a significant amount when you're looking at 20K and up.

Thank you in advance.
One thing to do is to check national inventory.
If there are a lot of one model - then expect rebates.
If there are few then don't expect much or anything.

Old 12-02-2016, 08:30 PM

9,131 posts, read 19,920,901 times
The new Civic is a hot new model and is selling well. Year end or not, discounts are not going to be all that great.

Old 12-02-2016, 09:11 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,197,593 times
In January there are often GM Card top offs and bonuses which can greatly increase the amount that can be applied.
My sister-in-law may be in the market. I bought last year so I'm not.

I can put her on my card so she can use my GM cash... currently about $1200.
If I get a bonus, she may get one heck of a deal.
She wants a tiny crossover so an Encore or Trax is just the ticket.

20% off Impala, Sonic and Spark right now, but I'm going to wait to see if I can get some bonus cash.

Old 12-02-2016, 10:20 PM

1,995 posts, read 2,063,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
In January there are often GM Card top offs and bonuses which can greatly increase the amount that can be applied.
My sister-in-law may be in the market. I bought last year so I'm not.

I can put her on my card so she can use my GM cash... currently about $1200.
If I get a bonus, she may get one heck of a deal.
She wants a tiny crossover so an Encore or Trax is just the ticket.

20% off Impala, Sonic and Spark right now, but I'm going to wait to see if I can get some bonus cash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronze18 View Post
Hello everyone,

Thank you in advance.

Old 12-02-2016, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriver View Post

Title of thread... Year End Car Sales Events.
These are Year End Car Sales Events.
Others may be interested in offers beyond the OP's narrow focus.

He ain't gonna get diddly squat off a Civic, so there's not much to talk about there.

Last edited by eaton53; 12-02-2016 at 10:52 PM..

Old 12-02-2016, 11:15 PM

1,995 posts, read 2,063,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
Title of thread... Year End Car Sales Events.
These are Year End Car Sales Events.
Others may be interested in offers beyond the OP's narrow focus.

He ain't gonna get diddly squat off a Civic, so there's not much to talk about there.
Well heck, if were gonna base every response off only the title; OP didn't mention which year either.

Old 12-02-2016, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriver View Post
Well heck, if were gonna base every response off only the title; OP didn't mention which year either.
Year end sales events are a new car thing.

I even know of some dirt cheap "new" cars (less than 200 miles on them) for well under $10K.
But they're not the most desirable cars.

If you know of any year end deals, let's hear 'em. The OP's question has likely already been answered.
But... if anyone can offer anything beyond "good luck", that would be awesome.

Old 12-03-2016, 09:49 PM

130 posts, read 465,325 times
Default Link?

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
One thing to do is to check national inventory.
If there are a lot of one model - then expect rebates.
If there are few then don't expect much or anything.
Thanks, I googled National Car Inventory but nothing official seemed to come up. Is there a specific site?

Old 12-03-2016, 10:00 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,723,084 times
You'll never get a great deal on the popular new models, but you can often do a little better if a higher volume dealer is trying to get their sales numbers/high target sales for the quarter or year in the name of getting a bigger or better allotment from the manufacturer the next time around. Some of them will take slightly less profit now if it means they can make a somewhat more with their larger number of in-stock vehicles come income tax refund season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive