Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2016, 11:11 AM

3,146 posts, read 4,063,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
Actually, you're the one who looks like an ass, getting all butthurt every time someone answers your question literally and honestly. Most would get the joke and move on with their lives.

But, as you say, you're the master of your own destiny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlanderfil View Post
I see reading comprehension isn't your strongest suit any more than understanding humor and sarcasm. I haven't asked one single question in this thread.
Now girls, you're both beautiful............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2016, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGoZoom View Post
2017 Volvo S60 T5 Inscription AWD - a very elegant and EXTREMELY safe, plus Volvo is a 'premium' car company (not quite full-blow luxury, but not everyday either). The 'Inscription' model was introduced last year and it extends the length of the S60 by 3-inches, all of which is dedicated to rear seat legroom. $41k will get you a very nicely equipped one. It would be a nice treat, if you live with a sedan. Fuel economy on the AWD model is 21/29.
Correction: the fuel economy is actually higher, 23/31.

Otherwise, I agree with your opinion regarding this vehicle.

2017 Volvo S60 Specifications - Sports Sedan | Volvo Cars

Old 12-22-2016, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
Starting my second year in the great frozen north, I have decided I want to sell my light weight 2 wheel drive car and get something more suited to winter driving. The main issue is that, if there is snow on the road, I cant get up the hill to my house and I slide like crazy getting up the hill to my kid's school. My husband has a BMW sedan with AWD and has none of the trouble I have (and I am a much better driver then he is LOL). A lot of people have told me switching to AWD or 4WD will really help.

But I am not sure where to start. So I thought I would ask some car buffs for ideas.

Wants:
AWD or 4WD (which is better?)
good gas milage/low emissions
family sized car (either roomy back seat or 3rd row)
Not to high off the ground (bad knee)
If it has a 5th door, I want it to be automatic
A few luxury items would be nice, like blue tooth, heated seats, nice rear camera, safety options
Safe
A lot of cargo space

I would like it to be under 40k but am flexible.

Ideas?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regajohn View Post
....Not sure why people are suggesting small cars if you claim you want a larger 3 row vehicle.....
First, a Subaru Outback is not a small car.

Second, she didn't specify 3rd row vehicles only but also vehicles with a roomy back seat, which the Outback has.

Old 12-22-2016, 12:16 PM

4,833 posts, read 5,684,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
Absolute deal breaker... I get out and walk away.
I will not have a car that makes my butt or back hurt.

BMW X1 did the same thing... the seats were horrible. Hard and narrow.
I think we made it a few blocks before we turned around and went back.
She doesn't complain. It's my wifes car so no big deal for me. Which is why we drove my car when we took long road trips (Denver to DC, Denver to San Antonio)

Old 12-22-2016, 01:44 PM

5,681 posts, read 5,082,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlinak View Post
Now girls, you're both beautiful............
Maybe in the right light.

Old 12-22-2016, 03:07 PM

9,612 posts, read 21,161,219 times
Quote:
I see reading comprehension isn't your strongest suit any more than understanding humor and sarcasm. I haven't asked one single question in this thread.
Sorry, thought you were the OP. Not sure why, except that both usernames start with an H.

Old 12-22-2016, 03:37 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,180,518 times
Quote:
Maybe in the right light.
Or in the club at 3am.

Old 12-22-2016, 03:41 PM

30,703 posts, read 79,429,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGoZoom View Post
I

2017 Volvo S60 T5 Inscription AWD

My favorite AWD mid-size sedan is the 2017 Ford Fusion Platinum AWD (or Titanium AWD). My best friend (in Pittsburgh) just got a 2017 Fusion Titanium AWD and it is a very nice car. His only stickered for $33k, but there are plenty of extras to make it even nicer. The top-rung Platinum model stickers for $39,615 and the only possible options are extra-cost paint colors. It has Premium leather interior in Medium Ceramic with Cocoa trim (and cocoa dash/door upper trim) and it looks amazing. It also has everything from Heated & Cooled Seats to Heated Steering Wheel to Adaptive Cruise Control and Blind Spot Monitoring. And it comes with a pretty sweet 12-spkr SONY audio system. Ford's new SYNC3 (new for 2017) is also a very nice interface.
Who owns Volvo now? Where are they made?

The fusion enjoys one of the best body designs anywhere. Unless they came out with something new, the drive trains and suspension are kind of lameish, but a great looking car with decent finish.

Old 12-22-2016, 03:42 PM

26,380 posts, read 46,277,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalGal View Post
Honda CR-V AWD.
One of the worst vehicles in its class for anywhere in the Snowbelt, you can find plenty of videos that show the vehicle performing poorly compared to the competition. The Subaru Forester is a far better choice compared to the Honda CRV.

Old 12-22-2016, 05:14 PM

6,480 posts, read 6,126,567 times
Try the new (2016+) Honda Pilot. They're available with AWD, they drive very smoothly (they're no harder to handle than my 2011 Honda Accord sedan), they're extremely safe and are reliable. I would suggest an EX-L or Touring model (about $36k for EX-L, $41k for Touring).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive