Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 07:09 AM

6,143 posts, read 5,252,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer705 View Post
Well, after all this searching I think I found the one!
And no, it's actually NOT the 535i, but it's still fully loaded!

I found a 2014 Audi A6 3.0T Prestige Quattro Tiptronic for sale in my state at $26,000 at a New Car Dealership, and I will try to haggle the price down to $24,500.

It has 55,000 miles and I'm pretty sure it's still under warranty. Now that is if the car is actaually legit, apparently this car is so under priced, Cargurus.com labels it as "Uncertain, The Price looks too good to be true".
Apparently the car dropped $6,000 2 days ago and has been for sale for around 70 days.
Maybe someone test driving the car wrecked it?
No accidents reported.
While this car is in my state, I'd hate to travel 2 hours 42 minutes for a fake car.
That brings me to the question,
It's at a Toyota dealership. Can I have that Toyota dealership send the car to my local Toyota dealership?
2 1/2 hours is nothing. I've done it several times.
They dropped the price $6K because the car was ridiculously overpriced.

I'd go for more than $1500... I ask for $2500-$3000.
If that fails, do you have a trade? Try to get top dollar for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2017, 03:17 PM

926 posts, read 828,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
2 1/2 hours is nothing. I've done it several times.
They dropped the price $6K because the car was ridiculously overpriced.

I'd go for more than $1500... I ask for $2500-$3000.
If that fails, do you have a trade? Try to get top dollar for it.
What could've made it overpriced?
It's the second cheapest one within 500 miles of me.

Old 03-09-2017, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer705 View Post
What could've made it overpriced?
It's the second cheapest one within 500 miles of me.
If it were a good price it would've sold instead of having over 2 months lot time and a $6K cut.

Old 03-10-2017, 10:24 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,466,965 times
55,000 miles within three years would equate to about 18,000 miles per year. That's a good chunk of miles in a short amount of time. Was it a rental?

Old 03-10-2017, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
55,000 miles within three years would equate to about 18,000 miles per year. That's a good chunk of miles in a short amount of time. Was it a rental?
Car could've been in service since 2013.
It's just a little above average if that's the case.

Old 03-10-2017, 01:47 PM

256 posts, read 453,013 times
Was always told a house should equal 25% of your monthly take home, and a car should be no more than 20% of your monthly take home.

Old 03-10-2017, 02:55 PM

19,024 posts, read 27,585,087 times
Sorry, I finally cracked and will post this.
There is older movie, Tin Men.
Starts with main character(R Dreyfus) buying a Cadillac. He's at dealership and sales guy asks him: How much are you willing to spend?
Dreyfus says: A dollar. That is what I am willing to spend.

That's to OP's Q.

Old 03-10-2017, 03:27 PM

11,230 posts, read 9,318,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Sorry, I finally cracked and will post this.
There is older movie, Tin Men.
Starts with main character(R Dreyfus) buying a Cadillac. He's at dealership and sales guy asks him: How much are you willing to spend?
Dreyfus says: A dollar. That is what I am willing to spend.

That's to OP's Q.
Quote from a friend at a dealer.

Salesman: so, what would it take to get you to buy this car today?
My Friend: An even trade for my 15 year old trade in.
S: But that's not reasonable! That's nuts!
MF: Well, I told you I wasn't going to buy a car today, so that's what it would take.

Old 03-10-2017, 03:49 PM

I've actually told a dealer:
What's it gonna take for you to sell a car today?

And when we're close:
C'mon, let's have a deal then!

If you watch Wheeler Dealers you've heard that one. It works, too.

Old 03-11-2017, 03:36 PM

926 posts, read 828,217 times
Well, I have finally purchased a new automobile!
I am now the owner of a 2014 Audi A6 Premium Plus 3.0T Quattro Tiptronic.
I would like to thank everyone who contributed to helping me find the perfect car. A little review of the car,
I like it very much, though I don't like that it has almost 70,000 miles. The Car was priced at $26,000 and I bought it for a little over $24,000. This was a very hard decision though, as they had a 2015 Genesis there with 30k miles for just a little more than the A6. Had to think long and hard lol. Also, that turbo is amazing. It doesn't sound as good as the CLA45 AMG, but it's still pretty good. I'll post a photo of it Monday when I get the windows tinted as dark as the law will allow me to. I still have to get used to the car, I'm taking wide turns and almost got sideswiped by a truck on my way back. I also need to get used to the brakes so I don't die from accidentally slamming the brakes. It is my first experience buying a car, so I made a few mistakes I realized, while haggling and financing. I am wondering, can you change your car payments? I pay $462 over 36 months, I want to pay it off in 18 months though.
Overall, very good car, I enjoy it a lot. Very fun to drive, especially on highways where I got up to 102 mph in a blink of an eye. Handling is superb, while going up a ramp to enter a highway It handled extremely well, I was very surprised. As I said, kind of need to get used to the brakes, they work a lot better than my Lexus, which I ended up getting $5,000 for, $1500 more than what I expected. Speakers also work very well. The interior is comfortable, feels cheaper than the E-Class and XF but more expensive than the 5-series and CTS. Exterior is pretty neat as well, the only thing I'm not too fond of is that it doesn't stand out in traffic, like Audi's A3, A4, A7, A8, Q7 IMO. Now of course that's a good thing when you're NOT trying to get noticed by Police!
3.0T is the main reason I purchased the car. I like the V6T in the A6 more than the V6T in the 535i. While the XF supercharged was probably faster, I didn't like the way it drove, I don't know if maybe their was something wrong with that specific car. I stopped looking at the E-Class because all of a sudden I began to hate the rear of that car. I felt like the C-Class was too feminine. The CLA was nice, but you guys suggested I refrain from the CLA. Cadillac's are too outdated for me, so I refrained from that myself. After taking all of that into consideration, I ended up with a car I like a lot,
the 2014 Audi A6 Premium Plus 3.0T Quattro Tiptronic |Couldn't afford Prestige .|
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive