Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 11:06 AM

35,061 posts, read 16,995,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Driving slower than the flow of traffic, can kill you. Don't do it, if you value your life.
I agree. I was driving on the Hutchinson Parkway at 63 the other day and was the slowest on the road. Most traffic was moving at 65-75. I was only driving this slow since there's a notorious speed trap in the vicinity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2017, 11:15 AM

797 posts, read 752,105 times
Why was a woman driving a dump truck?

Old 04-18-2017, 11:17 AM

Here's the explosion. Dash cam footage captures massive explosion in fatal I-310 fuel tanker crash: video | NOLA.com

Old 04-18-2017, 11:18 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,466,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
Yeah, I wondered why that was suddenly part of the discussion.

My first suspicion is both were DWT, Driving While Texting. That would explain the slow dump truck and it would explain why someone who should be able to judge speed and distance runs right into a large vehicle.

I would just about suspect the same thing. If you can't notice a dump truck in front of you, you're not paying attention or you're intoxicated.

But anyway, there is so much detail missing from the OP that there is absolutely no way the point to the thread can be proven. There's 100 different scenarios that could've taken place, and without more to the story, you can't simply say driving slow will kill you. Now, driving slow in the left lane will cause road rage, which in turn, can have the potential to cause a bad accident, but in this case, the dump truck was in the right lane.

Old 04-18-2017, 11:25 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,466,965 times
Can't really see much from the dash cam footage other than an explosion on the opposite side of the road. Just from this video, we see that there wasn't a heavy amount of traffic on that side. I can't make out if the collision happened in a curve or not. There's nothing that jumps out at me and says the dump truck was in the wrong, nor the gasoline truck. Maybe the guy in the gas truck fell asleep?

Old 04-18-2017, 11:30 AM

9,414 posts, read 11,159,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellshii View Post
Why was a woman driving a dump truck?
There are many answers to that.

1. Wymmn can do anything that men can do.
2. She didn't know how to worsh and iron.
3. Girly jobs are for sissies.
4. She was training to be a tugboat driver later on.
5. Because she was hired to drive a dump truck.

Old 04-18-2017, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
There are many answers to that.

1. Wymmn can do anything that men can do.
2. She didn't know how to worsh and iron.
3. Girly jobs are for sissies.
4. She was training to be a tugboat driver later on.
5. Because she was hired to drive a dump truck.
Can list all the reasons you'd like.
Question is still Valid from my perspective as well as experience.
Have a great day friend

Old 04-18-2017, 12:02 PM

9,414 posts, read 11,159,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellshii View Post
Can list all the reasons you'd like.
Question is still Valid from my perspective as well as experience.
Have a great day friend
And #5 is the answer. It was her job.

I've even seen women driving UPS and FedEx trucks. What a crazy world we live in!

Old 04-18-2017, 12:36 PM

491 posts, read 473,586 times
The car that hits another car from behind is almost always at fault in an accident, because the person who drove up to the car was tailgating or following too closely. It's the easiest way to lose a case.

Actually lots of people collect insurance money from people who hit from behind. So, no you should not tailgate or hit someone from behind. They can sue you and raise insurance rates.

Old 04-18-2017, 12:40 PM

2,573 posts, read 3,502,557 times
If there is a sharp turn situation is different otherwise I have no sympathy for those who rear end someone no matter how slow they were going.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive