Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 10:24 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,124,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
A CUV is an SUV that is based on a car, not a truck.

Women buy CUVs.
Yeah I thought so. I want something sleek, not a SUV crammed into a can. Thanks anyway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackopotamus View Post
Wow! You've got issues!
Hey, I love women! My life would not be worth living without them. And I was one of the very first to take up the cause of feminine equality. (I'm not at all attuned with those militants who take it way beyond gender equality.) I'm not a "woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle," I'm a "sometimes the right man for the job is a woman" kind of guy. And by the way I preferentially discriminate towards hiring women when I want an expert, I have a fantastic Realtor and a fantastic CPA, both of them women, and I'd trust either with anything up to but not including my life.

But I don't want to be a woman. Both genders have their purposes and I am content as a man. But please remember, I AM NOT PICKING A CAR TO PLEASE WOMEN! I am picking a car that a woman would buy because I'm impressed by smart womens' logical thinking when not influenced by an overdose of testosterone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondebaerde View Post
I'd take a long look at a Subaru or Toyota-something. If you want a hot little couple the BRZ and stablemate from Toyota...similar parts, I believe...are pretty cool and reasonably priced. They correctly figured out that a small car with hot yet small engine, at reasonable price, will reel in lots of buyers 20s to 40s or whatever their demographic is. Priced in your range, if not cheaper, from new.

Otherwise, I'd still cruise the inventory of those two brands, because I like their dealer experience here in the PacNW. In fact I keep sending one Toyota dealer more business, he concluded a deal with my female friend in February on a used Durango that was quite reasonable. Experience matters to me these days, which is why I'm staying away from Nissan at the moment and cozying up with Porsche and Toyota.

If you were feeling sassy, I'd say a 5-10 y.o. Porsche 911 -something would fit your needs. They have flashy to non in the lineup, Lava Orange to Seal Gray. The modern 991.2 series $200K Turbo S's are something Darth Vader would proudly drive, in a wake of smoke and flame. However, the Cayman and (much better) Cayman S are favored by chicks and starter Porsche owners. They're actually badass cars that few see coming. Colleague of mine bought a used, CPO Cayman S in yellow for his wife, at your price point, she loves it. He steals the keys half the time, preferring it to his older 3-series (also a nice car). My 991.1 911 GTS leaves it for dead, but that's not a fair fight nor was it intended by Porsche to be: different demographics, rich and fat midlife crisis guys like me vs. a younger crowd just on the up-and-coming.
I got done with my sassyness when I bought a brand new bright yellow Corvette Stingray 350HP 350CID 4 speed manual shift T-top 2 years out of college, which I enjoyed for several years. I'm not interested in a penis on wheels these days. I'm a senior citizen and I have lost the need to dazzle shallow women with something bright and shiny. My present day dating is based on common interests with smart women!

But wow did that car kick ass! (It might have gotten me some too!)

I like your auto suggestions except for the penismobile! LOLOL! Sorry, sometimes I can't help myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondebaerde View Post
PS: women tell me they find my Tacoma X-Runner slightly "dangerous" or "sinister" once they've gotten to know me; it's all murdered-out head to toe, with aftermarket lighting. Likewise my Guards Red Porsche with wing, ground effects, and murdered-out center lock wheels. They impress no one but me or other swingin' dicks. Nor do Corvettes, Vipers, all that. Just the opposite, actually. So OP is actually mostly right; I'd go with something stealthy yet with a hint of elan and panache...like that I've mentioned above...that marks you as "safe" from the get-go. That's what they're mostly about when it comes to dating anyway...a "safe" guy. So they say, though the reality is quite different for some once they know you and enjoy those fast jaunts in the countryside in a fun car *at least* as much as I do. Women are sly that way, which is a good thing end of the day.
Please people: NO TRUCKS. NO 4X4s. I want sleek! I want low and fast! I want something that slips through traffic and gets admiring looks. I've totally done the pickup and 4x4 thing; it's a closed chapter of my life. My broheim buddy for decades wants a smaller 4x4 than his 4Runner; we'll take his car when going on road trips contemplating the need for 4x4 (and I am still a certified desert rat!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockeye66 View Post
OP, you're making me laugh. Now I must stuff you in a gym locker.

Please take it personally.
If I made you laugh then you made my day!!!

BTW the last 4 guys who tried to throw me in a trash can butt first (back in high school), two of them ended up crying and holding their balls. They were the stupid ones who grabbed my feet. I disengaged from the other 2 (all 4 of them bigger than me) and they never ever never ever messed with me ever again!

Old 04-29-2017, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivertowntalk View Post
I think women love small SUVs like a RAV4 or Honda CRV. Women love these because: They sit up higher and are easier to see out. They are easy to negotiate into parking spots while they are shopping (the RAV4 turns on a dime). They are easier to put items purchased in (the back hatch) while shopping. The seats will fold down so they can stuff a piece of furniture in the back. They get good gas mileage. They get around good in snow. There are probably other reasons.
I'm not into a small SUV. I want something sleek, but small. Still get the maneuverability. I've driven 4x4 SUVs since mid-90s, been there done that, totally not interested in SUVs. And I'd vastly prefer a 4Runner over those wimpy RAVs. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmm0484 View Post
Tesla Model X

https://www.tesla.com/modelx

Even Snoop Dogg has one
Why can't people get it? I keep saying, I'm not into impressing women. I'm impressed by women. There is a difference. I'll use my personality to attract women, not some stupid car. And a Tesla is another penismobile, and too expensive to boot for such shallow values.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtea View Post
If you have to buy a new car in order to attract a woman, you have other issues. And if a woman is attracted to you because of the car you drive, you don't need that kind of woman in your life. Buy a car for YOU and YOUR needs....not to impress some shallow woman.
Please read my posts. I AM NOT INTO IMPRESSING WOMEN WITH A CAR. You have it wrong way around about me and women. I am impressed by the good financial decisions that intelligent women make. I want to make a good decision like that! I'll rely on non-superficial things to attract women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana49 View Post
Doesn't matter what car you buy OP, smart women are going to be turned off by your juvenile "chick" references.
Please, if you want to discuss hot button alt-feminist ideas, go start your own topic. If my use of the word offends you then quit reading my topic or put me on ignore. This is a topic about cars, not about ultra-left feminist agenda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
This is a joke right? lol it's a funny thread, thanks for the laughs

Good luck finding your non-hormonal decision based person to submit to, I guess?
Not quite that. Hormones can be a good factor in choosing mates. As long as a man thinks with his right head (the one between his shoulders). I select women based upon intelligence, kindness, a person who lives in the moment (not the past or future), a healthy woman who has compatible interests like my own interest in good diet, physical fitness, and has healthy interests in whatever makes them happy like art or music or travel or reading. Definitely not TV or a FBooker/texter though.

Old 04-29-2017, 10:42 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtt99 View Post
"Rubber band" tires stretched over ghetto wheels make your truck look like a typical "gay" bro-truck. Ain't no smart "chicks" will bite this. I bet, you wear flat-bill "Fox" hats and blast Luke Bryan. It's a mall-crawler.
Actually I listen to George Jones, But I typically blast DevilDriver and metal...

Hate away

My Cadi Fleetwood brougham behind it. That had the stock alloy wheels on it for a while and I had Dayton Reverse chrome 14 inch with fat white walls on it. Low rider style. Had to trim the rear fender skirts to get it to work without rubbing the tires on the skirt releases.

^350 .030 over, 461 heads that came off of a race engine, machinist drilled and tapped the accessory holes when he did the screw in rocker studs for me. Comp Cam Xtreme energy 292H grind. Hooker super comp inch and 7/8s long tubes 3 inch reduced to 2 and a half inch running glasspacks. Slammed with drop knuckles, a rear axle flip kit and traction bars. had just enough clearance for the header collectors to be about an inch above the ground. Looks like it sits higher in the pictures...

Somewhere I have pictures of my 327 Swapped S10 that I built when I was 16... One where the drive shaft rolled out when I dropped the clutch at 7000...

Old 04-29-2017, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtea View Post
If you have to buy a new car in order to attract a woman, you have other issues. And if a woman is attracted to you because of the car you drive, you don't need that kind of woman in your life.
I need a new car because my damned 4x4 SUV is 10 years old and it's time for a change. Furthermore I've had accidents in the past (thankfully off my driver record now) that IMO were caused by the restricted visibility from the driver's seat of a 4Runner. I want a new car because I always buy new cars, I keep them about 10 years on average, I take care of them well, but there comes a day when I'm just damned sick of them. Oh and I always pay cash too, and I have cash in the bank sufficient to have any car I want. I am not impressed by $50K-$60K cars. A smart woman wouldn't waste her money on that unless she was a multi-millionaire.

There you go again: "buy a new car in order to attract a woman?" Has it been 50 times yet that I said I am NOT buying a car to impress women. I got that out of my system decades ago with my yellow 'Vette. If I want to impress women I want to impress them with my intelligent decisions. All I need the car for is shopping and going out on dates. Totally, totally NOT into buying a "chick magnet."

Thank you, I have a personality, good sense of humor, and a facility for intelligent conversation. Those have always gotten me where I want to go with women. Oh, and I'm a gourmet cook and have yet to find a woman who didn't like her man cooking a gourmet dinner for her!

I don't need a damned car to attract women! I need a new car because the old one has worn my patience, and I got tired of looking at about a year ago, and now have owned it 10 years. I need a new car because I have an old car and it's time for a new one. Don't read anything more into it than that.

I need new wheels! Something sleek. Back seats fold so my dog can run around and look out the windows instead of being stuck where he can't see out. And don't get on me for not strapping down my dog like a baby. My last dog enjoyed a 19 year lifetime he and I loving one another. I miss him and need a new dog soon--after I buy the new car. (Tears in my eyes as I type this.)

Old 04-29-2017, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Actually I listen to George Jones, But I typically blast DevilDriver and metal...

Somewhere I have pictures of my 327 Swapped S10 that I built when I was 16... One where the drive shaft rolled out when I dropped the clutch at 7000...
Please don't turn my topic into your topic.

I'm not into ghetto cars, not into trucks, not into show cars, not into 4x4s, not into race cars, not into "statement" or "expressing individuality" cars.

Please keep it to sleek, all the best new features, probably a fast back, not a SUV, not a truck, not even an 18 wheeler, not a Mercedes, not a Tesla, not a Rolls Royce, NOT A CHICK MAGNET!

Please start a topic about hottie cars if you want to discuss hottie cars.

I'm asking for help in buying smart! That's what this topic is about, or at least that's what I asked for when I wrote the OP.

And thank you all for the really good suggestions you gave when you stuck to answering what I asked in my OP. I truly appreciate your advice, I'm taking notes and I'll be headed to the dealer lots in the next few months.

Please keep the advice coming in (ahem, car advice only please, no trucks, no SUVs, no agenda posts) and I hope I can continue getting more good RELEVANT posts. Thank you all!

Old 04-29-2017, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
From what you have said about the car you seem to desire, you want something that is somewhat luxurious, well made in and out, with some design flare but nothing too overt. Also something with some sporty character behind the wheel.

Honestly, I read luxury brand 2 door all over your posts. BMW 4 series. Mercedes C class. Infiniti Q70 coupe. Lexus RC series. Audi A5. The downside for new is these will reach more towards $50K, but you certainly could get a certified used one well within your budget, (and likely with a longer warranty period).

They do have some varying driving/riding character to them. I dislike the road noise in the BMW 4, but do like its handling. The Lexus to me is a bit softer, it rotates well, but does not overly impress in the driving department.. for my tastes.

Anyway, get out and drive some stuff in your budget. A previously suggested Maxima would be a fun driving car too. I have a strong like for the ride/drive of the Chrysler LX cars too (300, Charger, Challenger), but it sounds like you want to stay clear of the American brands.
I see that I missed your reply in my catching up to the topic.

Mmmmm..... The Beamer not entirely out of the picture, I might at least kick a few new tires. No, not a Mercedes fan... Maybe the Infiniti or Lexus, possibly Audi. Can I afford $50K? Of course. Am I willing to spend $50K. Mmmmmmm..... Depends. Maybe. Probably not but won't hurt to take a look, will it?

Oh, totally NOT into road noise. My 4Runner has that in spades! Hate it! I want to drive in an island of quiet, except only my outrageously good sounding sound system. And lest you mistake, I am TOTALLY not into boom boxes. I want the windows up and to hear only MY MUSIC, not car noise, not tire noise, never hear boom boxes near me. Sound isolation is VERY IMPORTANT to me. I want a car that is acoustically zipped up tight!

Thanks Checkered! I'll surely check out the Infiniti and Lexus. Probably not the rest unless I'm one lot over. Most of the cities around here got all the new auto dealers right on the same street, a mile of cars!

Old 04-29-2017, 11:34 AM

6,143 posts, read 5,254,576 times
You probably don't want a coupe because dog.

Another poster mentioned the Volvo S60. Well, they are smaller and very attractively priced these days.
There are plenty of new ones on AutoTrader for less than $30K. Lots of leftover '16's and even '15's.

$13K off of this one:

Cars for Sale: New 2015 Volvo S60 T5 Premier for sale in Houston, TX 77074: Sedan Details - 435154209 - Autotrader

There are quite a few others all over the country.
And women are into safe. Volvo = Safe.

Last edited by eaton53; 04-29-2017 at 12:04 PM..

Old 04-29-2017, 11:40 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Please don't turn my topic into your topic.

I'm not into ghetto cars, not into trucks, not into show cars, not into 4x4s, not into race cars, not into "statement" or "expressing individuality" cars.

Please keep it to sleek, all the best new features, probably a fast back, not a SUV, not a truck, not even an 18 wheeler, not a Mercedes, not a Tesla, not a Rolls Royce, NOT A CHICK MAGNET!

Please start a topic about hottie cars if you want to discuss hottie cars.

I'm asking for help in buying smart! That's what this topic is about, or at least that's what I asked for when I wrote the OP.

And thank you all for the really good suggestions you gave when you stuck to answering what I asked in my OP. I truly appreciate your advice, I'm taking notes and I'll be headed to the dealer lots in the next few months.

Please keep the advice coming in (ahem, car advice only please, no trucks, no SUVs, no agenda posts) and I hope I can continue getting more good RELEVANT posts. Thank you all!

Oh you dont know how forums work??? Someone likes to get uppity/Insulting I give it back. Equally or ten fold. It'll happen. Ignore it.

Old 04-29-2017, 12:17 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,248,821 times
a smart woman would buy any thing that is a good value. Without the testosterone, women would avoid the high horsepower vehicles and the lifted trucks.

Guys will always want bigger, more powerful, louder, faster ... most of the "er" words except Cheaper.

Old 04-29-2017, 12:37 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Hyundai Genesis Coupe might have you getting lucky =
http://releasedatetoyota.com/wp-cont...loy-wheels.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive