U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 09:41 PM

5,013 posts, read 7,107,261 times

Advertisements

Don't know about your vehicle, but Corvette's have a sensor on the shocks.
In particular the 2004 shocks are different than other years, and if the shocks are replaced with other than the ones from the factory, the car will not accelerate beyond 80 mph.
Perhaps your vehicle is set up the same way.

Bob.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2019, 01:06 AM

284 posts, read 67,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
I had a 2015 Sentra mine did the same thing itís normal. I knew it wouldnít take long for someone to bring up the cvt especially from someone who never had one.
It's normal for your Nissan to fluctuate between RPMs when driving at constant speed, and for you to be unable to accelerate past 70mph?

Old 01-11-2019, 06:43 AM

3,239 posts, read 869,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EckyX View Post
It's normal for your Nissan to fluctuate between RPMs when driving at constant speed, and for you to be unable to accelerate past 70mph?

My 2015 Sentra did it but it was a lease so i didn’t care i traded it when lease was up on a new 2018.5 Rouge sport. If it was the transmission its on them because it only had 35,000 miles when turned back in. This is why i lease so i don’t have to worry about vehicle problems because it’s always under warranty.

Old 01-11-2019, 08:49 PM

677 posts, read 537,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
My 2015 Sentra did it but it was a lease so i didnít care i traded it when lease was up on a new 2018.5 Rouge sport. If it was the transmission its on them because it only had 35,000 miles when turned back in. This is why i lease so i donít have to worry about vehicle problems because itís always under warranty.
So you agree that CVT on Nissan's are garbage.

Old Yesterday, 03:17 AM

12,159 posts, read 6,324,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
Replace the fuel filter.
Yeah. That’s the first thing I would try since it’s cheap and time to replace it anyways as routine maintenance. It could easily be poor fuel flow.

Old Yesterday, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirvana07 View Post
So you agree that CVT on Nissan's are garbage.
No because it only did it one time, and i thought nothing of it, then when i had it in for a oil change at the dealer i said something about it, they took a look and said that they would flash the transmission software. Ever since no more problems and when lease was up I turned it in on a 2018.5 Nissan Rogue Sport SV my wife drives it and loves it it’s AWD and has front end collision stop, and lane departure warning system and dual zone climate Xmas radio heated steering wheel and outside heated mirrors, it’s the all weather package and I’m only pay $270 a month only put a $1,000 down for a 3 year 36,000 lease.

Last edited by easy62; Yesterday at 07:19 AM..

Old Today, 04:48 PM

284 posts, read 67,424 times
So $10,720 for 3 years, and you can only drive as many miles as I drive in a single year over that period, and at the end you have nothing to show for it. As someone who buys used cars this sounds like highway robbery, but to each his own.

Old Today, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EckyX View Post
So $10,720 for 3 years, and you can only drive as many miles as I drive in a single year over that period, and at the end you have nothing to show for it. As someone who buys used cars this sounds like highway robbery, but to each his own.
Nopo i was only paying $197 a month and i don’t drive allot anymore so all good and I’m covered by warranty all that time. So you keep paying your high car payment with the depreciation every mile and year. And the way you drive your warranty will be up way before you pay off the vehicle and you will get squat when time to trade it in because of the high mileage. So I’ll keep doing what I’m doing because i can afford it and I’ll keep driving a new vehicle every 3 years. And FYI i also have my wife’s vehicle that she bought it’s a 2016 Kia Sorento and only has 19,000 miles so not afraid of going over my miles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or