Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 10:38 AM

797 posts, read 752,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seenu View Post
LOL, its a 4 banger indeed.
Still a fair deal.
How much do they have v6's for?
Not saying the 4 cylinder isn't sufficient for your needs,
but that v6 puts out 268hp/248tq at the crank.
Granted you wont need the power everyday,
but let's say you have the cabin filled with folks,
luggage etc etc,you'll be glad you have that power going up hills and what not while the 4 cylinder is huffing and puffing. Just noting that.
Keep us posted!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2017, 10:51 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,195,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellshii View Post
Still a fair deal.
How much do they have v6's for?
Not saying the 4 cylinder isn't sufficient for your needs,
but that v6 puts out 268hp/248tq at the crank.
Granted you wont need the power everyday,
but let's say you have the cabin filled with folks,
luggage etc etc,you'll be glad you have that power going up hills and what not while the 4 cylinder is huffing and puffing. Just noting that.
Keep us posted!

This is what I would've done after receiving the quoted price of the 4 cyl.

Just wondering what is the gas mileage estimate difference between the 4 & 6 cyl?

Old 05-16-2017, 10:56 AM

797 posts, read 752,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post

This is what I would've done after receiving the quoted price of the 4 cyl.

Just wondering what is the gas mileage estimate difference between the 4 & 6 cyl?
V6's arent that much lower ,if at all on the highway. Car never struggles combines with lower gear ratios.
2017 Toyota Camry XSE V-6 Test – Review – Car and Driver

2016 Chevrolet Malibu vs. 2016 Honda Accord, 2016 Mazda 6, 2016 Toyota Camry: Final Scoring, Performance Data, and Complete Specs

Old 05-16-2017, 11:01 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,749,428 times
Quote:
I own a Corolla, so don't want an another Corolla. Corollas are excellent.
I've driven 3 Corollas and yes they are great vehicles, of course, I've driven my autos before all t he bells and whistles and computers hit the auto world. All the computer stuff = more money. I have a friend who drove a Camry probably 15 yrs ago and she had a lot of problems with it....maybe it was her but I heard about that for some time from her. I've owned mostly pre owned cars and saved a lot of money. As soon as one drives out of car dealer = depreciation.

Good luck whatever you end up with.

Old 05-16-2017, 11:03 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,605,154 times
Quote:
I am thinking about buying a 2017 Toyota Camry XLE (has the leather seats, no sun roof). Its a red with ash interior. Dealer is offering 21,100 selling price (including 2500 rebate but without taxes and fees). Is this a fair price for this car?
I think it's a good price, almost as cheap as a Sonata, and you get a much higher quality car.

Old 05-16-2017, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellshii View Post
Thanks, much appreciated.

So it's a 3 mpg difference in both city and highway.

I know that in recent years the Camry wasn't such a great car from what I hear anyway, hope that the 2017 bucks that trend.

I drive a Japanese built 1999 Camry 4cyl., with 115K miles on it that has a fairly rare for that year side air bags - I stump Toyota dealer parts departments with this lol!

Old 05-16-2017, 03:39 PM

573 posts, read 585,957 times
3 mpg when you are trying to accelerate on an on ramp to meet the speed of traffic, you will be glad you "splurged" on the 6 cylinder when it saves your life. My fiancee almost died because some idiot on a cell phone rear ended her in her little car that had a 4 banger because he had his foot on the gas and wasn't paying attention and she couldn't speed up fast enough for his liking. I'm still driving an 06 Impala with a V6 because anything decent sized with leather and a six cylinder seems to start at 30k and skyrocket from there, and I can't afford $500 a month car payments.

Old 05-16-2017, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveswater_outdoors View Post
3 mpg when you are trying to accelerate on an on ramp to meet the speed of traffic, you will be glad you "splurged" on the 6 cylinder when it saves your life. My fiancee almost died because some idiot on a cell phone rear ended her in her little car that had a 4 banger because he had his foot on the gas and wasn't paying attention and she couldn't speed up fast enough for his liking. I'm still driving an 06 Impala with a V6 because anything decent sized with leather and a six cylinder seems to start at 30k and skyrocket from there, and I can't afford $500 a month car payments.
My next car will be a V6 b/c the 4 banger in my 1999 Camry just doesn't "do it" for me although this car runs so well and like you said in so many words doesn't meet the speed into traffic with the aggressive race car track drivers I have around here.

Old 05-16-2017, 04:27 PM

170 posts, read 196,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
My next car will be a V6 b/c the 4 banger in my 1999 Camry just doesn't "do it" for me although this car runs so well and like you said in so many words doesn't meet the speed into traffic with the aggressive race car track drivers I have around here.
Are you referring to Southeast Florida?

Old 05-16-2017, 04:28 PM

170 posts, read 196,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I think it's a good price, almost as cheap as a Sonata, and you get a much higher quality car.
Thanks for the comment, .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive