Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 01:56 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,525,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZORAC View Post
Maybe a silly question but does walmart do alignments if you buy tires?
Probably some stores have the facilities, but why would you risk this? Alignment is a challenging task, especially on fwd cars.
"Not on my car, they don't"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2017, 03:06 PM

17,574 posts, read 13,350,601 times
Quote:
Maybe a silly question but does walmart do alignments if you buy tires?
This maybe a silly answer. Call WallyWorld and ask them

Old 06-27-2017, 03:48 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,992,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwh View Post
\
They ruined my transmission when i had a oil change done at Walmart and i called walmart and they were no help they did not want to pay the transmission repair or give me a refund on oil change or any money so i would never buy tires or do a alignment or any other auto thing at walmart
Wait, what? This doesn't even make sense. How does them doing an oil change ruin your transmission?

Old 06-27-2017, 04:53 PM

Location: Removing a snake out of the neighbor's washing machine
3,095 posts, read 2,040,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
Wait, what? This doesn't even make sense. How does them doing an oil change ruin your transmission?

Perhaps he left out the part about putting motor oil in the tranny - or vice versa! lol

Our local Postoffice routinely loses our outbound mail, and mixes up ours incoming mail with our neighbors', so nothing surprises me in 2017!

Old 06-27-2017, 05:09 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Because they have the cheapest tires, next to costco.
there are things to cheap out on, TVs, radios, etc. there are however things not to cheap out on, tires, and auto services.

Quote:
Originally Posted by st33lcas3 View Post
WalMart 'mechanics' are the same ones that are fired from Jiffy Lube for incompetence.
not a ringing endorsement of walmart mechanics is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cekkk View Post
Going cheap on tires and repairs leads to trouble down the road. Pun intended. That was my point.
cheap tires are not so bad, if that is all you can afford, just be ready to replace them regularly. cheap repairs on the other hand will cause serious issues down the road, sometimes not very far down the road.

Old 06-27-2017, 07:00 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,248,094 times
I got my alignment done at a local chain then I get my tires from walmart. I suspect it might be better to do alignment with the new tires but the timing worked better for me.

I doubt the tires from walmart are any different than buying the cheapo no name stuff from a local tire guy.

Old 06-27-2017, 07:01 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,562,046 times
Discount Tire is the only tire place I will go to.

Old 06-27-2017, 07:39 PM

7,777 posts, read 6,385,415 times
Walmart here doesn't have an auto shop, where we used to live thay had a very busy shop.

Old 06-27-2017, 07:49 PM

1,440 posts, read 4,417,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger256 View Post
I doubt the tires from walmart are any different than buying the cheapo no name stuff from a local tire guy.
Indeed, a cheap tire is a cheap tire. If that's what you buy, W-mart is as good as any. But you will realistically be replacing those tires in about a year or so. Half tread Douglas all-seasons become flat out dangerous in heavy rain driving.

Old 06-27-2017, 08:14 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,233,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger256 View Post
I got my alignment done at a local chain then I get my tires from walmart. I suspect it might be better to do alignment with the new tires but the timing worked better for me.

Walmart has good tires too. I want to get Pirelli P4s put on my Prius. I normally get tires from my Toyota dealer so they can rotate them (for free) every 5K miles while they're checking fluids, etc., but my dealer says they can't get the Pirellis. I priced them across the street at Plains Tire and was quoted $653 installed. Walmart sells them for $90, so $360 for the same tires, not including installation and alignment.

I'd get them from Walmart but my wife "has heard" that Walmart has made mistakes. It's not worth an argument, so I'll probably get Michelin Defender T&H from the dealer for $645 incl. alignment and everything. It's easier to just get them there -- one-stop shopping, sts. I could get the same Defenders across the street for $40 less, but buying them from the Toyota dealer just helps keep me known there, plus they always give me a free car wash, even when they don't charge for the servicing and rotation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive