Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 06:49 AM

15,796 posts, read 20,493,343 times

Advertisements

It's funny how, when walking around on your own two feet, people are generally polite and apologetic if you cut them off, or accidentally bump them, or something else that would warrant an apology from a party.

But, throw a 4000 lb box around them with the HP to drive off, and all the sudden a minor incident results in swearing and cursing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2017, 06:52 AM

2,573 posts, read 3,502,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I know for me it is lack of patience and time. I do not have time for crappy drivers. My attitude is always "Drive or get out of my way."
Now I can understand better your username

Old 07-14-2017, 07:04 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,466,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
It's funny how, when walking around on your own two feet, people are generally polite and apologetic if you cut them off, or accidentally bump them, or something else that would warrant an apology from a party.

But, throw a 4000 lb box around them with the HP to drive off, and all the sudden a minor incident results in swearing and cursing.
I've noticed that to. Some of the nicest people you'll ever meet in the grocery store, but then they get into their big full size truck or luxury sedan (and I'm not singling out those vehicles, it's everybody), and they'll flat out wanna run you off the road, lol!

It's kind of like the football mentality. The players are generally very nice, but once they get the pads and helmet on, then they're transformed into something totally different.

Old 07-14-2017, 07:12 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,524,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamer1 View Post
Can we delve into why Road Rage is such a big thing? Why it happens? We know it is the drivers.
Because every A-hole on the road thinks he's a special snowflake. I've seen young and old male and female snowflakes get absolutely crazy over the slightest mistake.
Pretty stupid if you ask me. Hell there was a lady in San Diego that ran over this guy on a motorcycle. Road rage.shecgot a few years in jail to think about it. I didn't think she got enough.
I have a few family members who are crazy people behind the wheel.

Old 07-14-2017, 07:16 AM

15,419 posts, read 9,069,314 times
Quote:
Can we delve into why Road Rage is such a big thing? Why it happens? We know it is the drivers.
Bad driving. Drive right, and don't PO other drivers, and you shouldn't experience much road rage. If you do PO another driver, put as much distance between them and you, as quickly as possible. I have only experienced one serious case of road rage in 40 plus years of driving. I experience minor road rage about once every two or three years. By minor, I mean somebody aggressively beeping their horn at me, probably because I did something wrong. So to recap, drive right.

Old 07-14-2017, 07:23 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
-Unresolved childhood anger, being misdirected outward to basically anyone...
-Thinking that one is separate from their environment and others
- Not realizing they create every single thing that happens in their surroundings..the good, the bad and the ugly....even a leaf falling in front of you.
-lack of peace, thinking incorrectly external circumstances will bring peace, thus
-wanting control, feeling frustration when when you have not figured out how to draw only wonderful things to yourself.
-sometimes because of a recent fight or job problem, again...lashing out at the nearest thing...to place the pain on another thinking you will rid yourself of it...sigh...
-again about control and thinking happiness and peace come from the external> 'in'....instead of the 'in' manifesting outwardly.

I lived in Boston ...I know all about road rage in myself and others. I have zero now....
and very few incidents even occur around me now.
But, I do hear horns honking in other lanes..so I know it's still in others!

Oh, the pain to have that anger boiling in you...I know it well!!! Whew...it's all gone now ...thank you, Lord...
and thank you therapy!

Old 07-14-2017, 07:23 AM

Location: Removing a snake out of the neighbor's washing machine
3,095 posts, read 2,040,022 times
Quote:
Increasing population is one root factor. Put two rats in a cage and monitor their behavior. Keep adding a rat to the cage every 5-10 minutes and see what happens.

Old 07-14-2017, 07:27 AM

522 posts, read 991,752 times
Probably they get shouted at a lot at their work and cannot do anything about at work. And then they take it out on road. Or they are very low in the work hierarchy and are very frustrated about that and then on the road they would like to show that they are very powerful.

Old 07-14-2017, 07:28 AM

3,754 posts, read 4,238,095 times
I think a lot of road rage problems would be solved if we forced drivers to take much more stringent driving tests, and weeded out the most incompetent drivers who shouldn't be behind the wheel at all. I also think laws that are being passed banning texting are helpful too.

People have forgotten what it means to drive a car. It's not a phone booth. It's not a restaurant. It's not a makeup counter. If you want to talk/text on a phone, take public transportation. If you just can't wait 5 minutes to get home before you shove that Big Mac in your mouth, then eat at McDonalds instead of going through the drive thru and trying to balance your hamburger on your steering wheel and your drink between your knees. If you're putting on makeup while driving before you get somewhere, wake up earlier or whatever and do it at home!

Old 07-14-2017, 07:51 AM

15,419 posts, read 9,069,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana49 View Post
I think a lot of road rage problems would be solved if we forced drivers to take much more stringent driving tests, and weeded out the most incompetent drivers who shouldn't be behind the wheel at all. I also think laws that are being passed banning texting are helpful too.

People have forgotten what it means to drive a car. It's not a phone booth. It's not a restaurant. It's not a makeup counter. If you want to talk/text on a phone, take public transportation. If you just can't wait 5 minutes to get home before you shove that Big Mac in your mouth, then eat at McDonalds instead of going through the drive thru and trying to balance your hamburger on your steering wheel and your drink between your knees. If you're putting on makeup while driving before you get somewhere, wake up earlier or whatever and do it at home!
Yeah, because we all know that laws against texting and driving has stopped people from texting while driving, just like the DUI laws have eliminated drunk driving. Those laws accomplish nothing. But I do agree that many of the things you mention likely provoke road rage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive