Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Other Brands
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 04:29 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,933,325 times

Advertisements

WTF is up with all the blind Fiat/ Chrysler hate on this forum?
I wasn't a huge fan back in the 80s-90s, but there's no disputing they've gotten much better since Fiat took them over. Sales are booming and they're making more money than ever so I'm not the only one who apparently thinks so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2017, 04:50 PM

6,980 posts, read 5,402,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
I wasn't a huge fan back in the 80s-90s, but there's no disputing they've gotten much better since Fiat took them over. Sales are booming and they're making more money than ever so I'm not the only one who apparently thinks so.
Yes some people on here think they are Chrysler experts but haven't a clue about them. They have no idea how the big 3 operate never set foot inside a auto assembly plant, never set foot inside their tech centers, but they all think they are experts. Who cares what they think Chrysler is smiling all the way to the back and their employees are making a great wage with great benefits maybe that's why these hatters are mad because they can't make what they make.

Old 07-20-2017, 05:25 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,248,743 times
Quote:
Don't mix up Fiat with Chrysler cars. I owned Dodge trucks for 20 years. It's Chrysler that should own Fiat if you ask me.

Old 07-20-2017, 05:45 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,158,138 times
Quote:
And the flip side of that coin is Toyota love. Toyota cultists make it sound like the cars are unbreakable and will go 200,000 miles without any repairs. Heh, the latest recalls show some serious factory quality control problems at Toyota -- like the Lexus ES-350 with improperly assembled tie rods which could cause loss of steering control (!). Or the Avalon and Camry hybrids with incorrectly assembled driveshafts. Same with Honda lovers. Oh, what's this, 1.2 million Accords recalled due to engine fires. Maybe the Japanese vehicles don't deserve that sterling reputation after all?

Old 07-20-2017, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
And the flip side of that coin is Toyota love. Toyota cultists make it sound like the cars are unbreakable and will go 200,000 miles without any repairs. Heh, the latest recalls show some serious factory quality control problems at Toyota -- like the Lexus ES-350 with improperly assembled tie rods which could cause loss of steering control (!). Or the Avalon and Camry hybrids with incorrectly assembled driveshafts. Same with Honda lovers. Oh, what's this, 1.2 million Accords recalled due to engine fires. Maybe the Japanese vehicles don't deserve that sterling reputation after all?
But you won't hear them complain about the Japanese cars just the American because they read it on the internet so it must be true. Even though they know nothing absolutely nothing about how car and trucks are even made.

Old 07-20-2017, 07:10 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,819,045 times
Here is one issue...Fix It Again Tony.

Old 07-20-2017, 07:55 PM

890 posts, read 881,529 times
Default Beautiful car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffer E38 View Post
Ahh, so another proudly closed minded person.

I've had 2 Fiat X 1/9s and 3 Fiat 124s, this being the latest one:

Love these cars. But I CAN work on them (they are easy, much like my BMWs) and restored that one from the ground up (it was a $100 beater that I brought back to life for under $2k). Far from being POS, it was a nice little traditional sports car, with a fun twincam engine, 5 speed transmission and one of the easiest to use manual tops I've ever worked with (and I've worked with a LOT of convertibles over the years, mostly British, but a number of American ones, as well).
Thanks for the picture!

Old 07-20-2017, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Here is one issue...Fix It Again Tony.
You sound like a broken record, or are those the only words you know.

Old 07-20-2017, 08:14 PM

691 posts, read 419,019 times
no fiats, toyotas, volkwagens or any foreign car. too bad buying our own cars made here, from resources from here and put together by our own citizens is a pipe dream.

go to Europe and see how many fords and chevys THEY drive.

Old 07-21-2017, 04:29 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,933,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstelm View Post
no fiats, toyotas, volkwagens or any foreign car. too bad buying our own cars made here, from resources from here and put together by our own citizens is a pipe dream.

go to Europe and see how many fords and chevys THEY drive.
Wranglers are made in Toledo OH. Grand Cherokees are made in Detroit. If it wasn't for Fiat buying Chrysler, nothing would be made there.

Volkswagens, Toyotas, BMW's and Mercedes are built throughout the South. A lot of Fords are built in Mexico.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Other Brands