Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 07:33 AM

9,507 posts, read 4,342,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineman View Post
The only problem is if you come out of the store with a shopping cart full and can't get to your trunk because someone pulled up close behind you.

I pull through any time it is feasable.
A valid point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2017, 07:37 AM

Location: Removing a snake out of the neighbor's washing machine
3,095 posts, read 2,041,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
A valid point.

Especially if the vehicle in question has a large hatch, like a SUV. Hard to open when there's a vehicle in the space behind you.

BTW I remind only those drivers I see in regular sedans, like mine. If I see a station wagon or SUV not pulling through, I get it -LOL. A motorcycle not pulling through? What the ?

Old 07-22-2017, 07:37 AM

45,382 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrandK-Man View Post
You know you're a red neck if ya pernounce it 'Murica!
No, you know you're trying to belittle people and project an air of superiority if you do it.

Old 07-22-2017, 08:37 AM

3,782 posts, read 4,249,635 times
I always pull through, but I always park as far from the store as I can. But there is nothing wrong or incorrect about the person ignoring your suggestion. Besides if the parking lot is full, someone has to part like the red arrow behind you.
And yes, I have run into a problem on occasion at Home Depot or Lowes, where i'm in the last spot in their parking lot, there are not vehicles in the next 20 spots to the store, but when I come out, someone has parked behind me. Which means I have to get into the truck, pull forward to the next lanes and get out and load the truck.

Old 07-22-2017, 10:11 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campfires View Post
Farting in church is rude too. Should we make that a crime as well?

You can back into a parking spot as well if you want to avoid the hassle. Outside of 'Murica, it's quite common to do just that.

Seriously, if you keep sticking your nose where it doesn't belong, it's gonna get socked.

I see with the common sense nature of what you're illustrating but common sense is the most uncommon sense of all. Nobody is right. It's just that the person that doesn't pull through has demonstrated that they aren't a forward thinker. They are the same person that stops after getting off an escalator. You can't fix stupid.
Wow...say what you really mean - you obviously know what is best for everyone in every situation.

Yes, people like you do run the risk of getting socked if they stick their nose in. You might also be the type to fart in church on purpose.

Old 07-22-2017, 10:22 AM

8,166 posts, read 8,526,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnff View Post
Quite incorrect. Field of view is very restricted in many modern vehicles. Even worse with a couple of larger vehicles on either side of you. Seen way to many near events and fender benders when the driver just backs right out hoping no one else is coming.
Which is why the backup cameras are such a great idea. They have a wide angle lens so you can see the oncoming traffic.

Old 07-22-2017, 10:34 AM

3,217 posts, read 2,432,316 times
Quote:
By the manner some drivers just stop, as illustrated by the red arrow in my picture, you'd think they thought it was! lol
Perhaps they need to access their trunk after shopping. Sometimes when I've pulled through as you show and I have returned to my car only to have someone park behind me so close that their car is almost touching my car so that I can't access my trunk, but I don't know why it bothers you. Park the way you like.

Old 07-22-2017, 12:28 PM

6,980 posts, read 5,421,309 times
Quote:
Even if the the lot is relatively vacant with good sightlines to pull through? It just. looks. odd. Like there's a brick wall there only that driver can see, and no one else can.

I started the thread though, questioning if some drivers thought they weren't supposed to do it.
You let small stuff bother you to much, I would hate to be a passenger while you are driving you would drive me nuts with all of this stupid stuff just drive your car and park it and don't worry about other people, one day you behavior is going to get you in trouble. Nothing anyone says is going to change a dam thing just drive.

Old 07-22-2017, 12:32 PM

1,289 posts, read 938,145 times
It's especially fun when someone has pulled through but not all the way, resulting in them owning both parking spaces. This is a deliberate action and from what I've seen usually involves a huge, shiny, perfectly maintained pick up truck of one kind or another but most often it's a Ford.

Old 07-22-2017, 12:41 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,915,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post
should always park nose in. pulling thru is dangerous, as dangerous as cutting through the parking lot in this manner. I have had a couple of near misses because of people darting out where I do not expect it. I had a diver honk his horn, demanding that I back out, while I was pulling in. The standoff frustrated the heck out of him.
I disagree. I think it's worse to have to back out into an aisle when you can't have a direct line of sight as to what's coming down said aisle.

When pulling out nose first from a spot, you have a greater field of vision to work with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive