Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 02:43 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,873,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimSumRaja View Post
a spray bottle of water and a rag is all that is needed, soap and an entire car wash are not needed at all, get real, and don't try to say you're concerned about the environment, that's a load of crap, just because you are trying to sugar coat your inability to deal with a little bird crap on a hunk of tin! GROW UP!
A wee bit on the testy side aren't we.

Some of us DO live in areas where if your caught even washing your car w/ a bucket of water you can get a nice hefty fine during water rationing. Maybe you should "GROW UP".

BTW, it is NEVER a wise idea to just wipe away dried bird poop. For any of you out there that really do care about your health. After knowing someone personally that was VERY sick and in the hospital for months fighting it and having to deal w/ lung issues from being exposed to dried bird poop and will for the rest of his life I do take the environment seriously. Therefore I don't want any bird poopie on my cars, on my patio furniture, on my kids swingset, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2008, 06:47 PM

514 posts, read 1,669,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DimSumRaja View Post
SO WHAT? This is generally not a problem for someone unless they make it into one. NEWSFLASH: many people do not make this into an issue AT ALL! And guess what? they don't kill things they can't control, they actually learn to deal with the things in life they can't control. Time for the ego to deal with reality, maybe explore some emotional maturity, but wait....that's what the gun is for instead! I forgot!

Killing a songbird over a hunk of tin and some shiny paint adds up to some mighty skewed values in that person's life. So some person's ego investment in a hunk of tin carries more weight than the sanctity of life on this planet? Money and possessions and heaven forbid someone coming face to face with something that THEY CAN NOT CONTROL and refuse to accept that....with the answers posted KILL IT if it gets in your way, and yeah show it who's boss be a BIG MAN....like i said mighty skewed thinking out there.

You flunk the test....in the grand scheme of things, which has more value: a songbird's life? or a hunk of tin some shiny paint your inflated ego around impressing people with your possessions, and your inability to deal with something you can't control so YEAH KILL IT....? Oooooooh like i said, it takes a big man to deal that way, far easier to use the gun than actually GROW UP. I would say get some nuts, but I forgot, that's what the car is!
1:NEWSFLASH: I never once said it was ok to kill the bird,please go back and re-read my small post. I dont think you will find anything regarding that.

2: My emotional maturity is just fine. I dont need a bunch of tree hugging mumbo jumbo to get me through my day or be happy about the decisions I have made in my life. Maybe you did some horrible things when you were younger and are trying to make up for it later in life.
Point Im trying to make is dont judge me by one simple post on the internet as I just did you.

3: As for flunking the life test I dont think so. If your so in tune with your spiritual side, maybe you should be a little more forgiving and accepting of others. Seems to me you are the one who failed.
Get off your high horse and join the real world.

4: Now to get back on topic, if that bird was crapping all over my new Cadillac, we might have another dead bird on our hands, the car cost me almost alot of money, I didnt pay for the bird. And before you get all pissy again ,I said "MIGHT" I am an animal lover, and do not condone cruelty to animals

Done!!!!

Old 07-26-2010, 08:48 PM

2 posts, read 13,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrown View Post
I kow this sounds funny but it's so wierd it's true.

So spring is almost here and my bird "friend" has returned...
There is a bird (a robin to be specific) that loves to look at itself in my external rear view mirrors. it keeps flapping and bounceing off the mirror while trying to fight? it's own image. of couse in the process it craps down the doors on both sides of the car....any car for that matter that is parked in the driveway. this is the 3rd year this has been going on...yes...the same bird returns and takes up residence near by and then statrs it's summer long battle with my car.

Has anyone else ever had a problem like this and did you find a fix ?? short of keeping bathroom shower caps over the mirros when not in use...yes...I've done that.

Any ideas ??
Hmm,Brown, So funny story

It seems that we are helpless for them, I seldom met this question before. One time i parked my car under a tree shade,see, There was no doubt that the birds took my car as its residence.
however I could not hurt a bird, also My son was next to me, and he just spoke to me that this robin was very funny, and cute. I could only clean the the craps. and scare its to ran away.My rear view mirror then could get rid of craps.

Old 07-26-2010, 11:32 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,968,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardener34 View Post
Also ILLEGAL:

"Songbirds, hawks, eagles and owls are protected by state and federal laws
and should not be targets of the thoughtless gunner. Any person violating
the law by taking these birds will be punished with a fine up to $500"
Unless the species is on a special protective or endangered list, any wildlife can be killed or otherwise disturbed if it is on your own private property and behaving in a way that can be reasonably deemed a nuisance. However, this would not likely qualify as a nuisance.

House sparrows, Starlings, and Rock Pigeons are not protected at all, as they are introduced species not native to North America. Otherwise, all birds in NA are protected, regardless of family.

Cardinals are notorious for attacking their reflection in car mirrors, as are their western cousins, the Pyrrhuloxias.

Old 07-27-2010, 07:05 AM

3,306 posts, read 12,221,611 times
Put a sock over the mirrors

Old 07-27-2010, 07:45 AM

968 posts, read 2,624,265 times
i say shoot the bird, take pictures while he do it, one good one with the gun, dead bird, and a big thumbs up, and then post the pictures and watch Tzaphkiel lose his marbles over his fallen forest friend.

and then we all laugh about it.

Old 11-25-2010, 08:05 PM

1 posts, read 1,522 times
i am surprising for that the bird is interested in your rear view mirror camera, you can try to get a straw to swag it away, try, maybe it is available for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive