Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 07:35 PM

11,085 posts, read 17,527,537 times

Advertisements

I've seen so so so so so so so so so so so so many of these road rage videos on youtube involving motorcycles, it's not funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2017, 09:08 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,503,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
I've seen so so so so so so so so so so so so many of these road rage videos on youtube involving motorcycles, it's not funny.
It's so not worth it. So many bad things can happen. Look at that lady in San Diego who ran over that guy on a bike and killed him. Now she's in jail. For what? A stupid decision. And letting your temper get the best of you and that action that killed another person. What exactly was accomplished? Maybe teach us what not to do? He's dead she's in jail. Both lose. Over idiotic actions. On both sides. Last thing I want is to hurt someone over them cutting me off or I cut someone off. I use my signals and wait. If the guy just won't let me over n the lane I let them pass then I get over

I have people cutting me off. I just don't react. I don't scream at them or flip them off or throw things. I honk if someone is swinging in my lane and I'm there and they are about to hit me. But other than that I just put in talk radio or listen to a podcast and drive carefully. My main goal is to get home to my family.

Old 09-15-2017, 10:13 PM

1,607 posts, read 1,942,903 times
When I was a homicide detective, I was at the coroner's office to witness the autopsy of the victim of one of my cases. I walked past the room where the bodies were photographed. This particular day, the photographer was taking pictures of what looked like a pile of hamburger laying on the slab. I asked the photographer what this particular case was. Apparently a biker sped past a CHP officer on the freeway and gave him the middle finger salute. Then he got in front of the officer and gave him a "brake check". Unfortunately, he braked a little too hard and found himself stuck under a Crown Victoria cruiser and dragged down the freeway. Instant Karma.

Old 09-15-2017, 10:44 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,831,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrolman View Post
When I was a homicide detective, I was at the coroner's office to witness the autopsy of the victim of one of my cases. I walked past the room where the bodies were photographed. This particular day, the photographer was taking pictures of what looked like a pile of hamburger laying on the slab. I asked the photographer what this particular case was. Apparently a biker sped past a CHP officer on the freeway and gave him the middle finger salute. Then he got in front of the officer and gave him a "brake check". Unfortunately, he braked a little too hard and found himself stuck under a Crown Victoria cruiser and dragged down the freeway. Instant Karma.
So you feel death by being dragged under a CV is fair punishment for speeding/flipping off/brake checking? Wow.

Old 09-15-2017, 11:14 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,565,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theedgeoflight View Post
How stupid does a biker have to be to think they will win against a car?

In this case it looks like the guy on the bike picked the wrong guy to mess with.

Old 09-15-2017, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
So you feel death by being dragged under a CV is fair punishment for speeding/flipping off/brake checking? Wow.
That's not what Patrolman is saying. He's simply saying the biker was a idiot. Any of these dumbtards who brake check 5-9000 pound cars and trucks or 18 wheelers are dumb people. Anyone getting in a fight over some vehicular infraction really shouldn't be driving. That's how 5 year kids settle their differences.

Old 09-15-2017, 11:38 PM

283 posts, read 375,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Lol. It looks like the biker cut off the white car then started flipping the dude off. Then he takes tough till the old guy starts beating his azz

Like Mike says

"Everybody has a plan till they get punched in the face"
Closer look at the video shows the driver speeding up so the biker couldn't merge in front of him before the turning lane ran out. So they were both being dicks, the driver just less so.

With that said, I don't think I'd ever become so confident in my biking skills that I'd start chit with anyone rolling around in 2 1/2 to 3 tons of steel and plastic.

Old 09-15-2017, 11:39 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,831,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
That's not what Patrolman is saying. He's simply saying the biker was a idiot. Any of these dumbtards who brake check 5-9000 pound cars and trucks or 18 wheelers are dumb people. Anyone getting in a fight over some vehicular infraction really shouldn't be driving. That's how 5 year kids settle their differences.
Agree that brake checking is dumb in a car and massively dumb if you're on a bike. But Karma implies just punishment. Kind of like he got what he deserved. I guess that's why a lot of cities have a no chase policies when it comes to high speed pursuits and bikes.

One man's 'vehicular infraction' is another mans 'assault with a deadly weapon' or even attempted murder. Who knows what lead to this altercation. At least no one was killed.

Old 09-16-2017, 06:01 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,211,900 times
Ah so, as I suspected, the driver had done something unsafe to the bikers and that lead bike guy was trying to to talk to him about it when the truck driver pulled over and went into beat down mode. These bikers in the video look like young non-club type bikers. Easy pickings for a little bullying with your truck.

Rader (biker) said he was riding in the back of a group of nine other motorcycle riders when a pickup driver passed all of them and then swerved at one of the riders and almost ran another rider off of a rural county road.

Old 09-16-2017, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
Agree that brake checking is dumb in a car and massively dumb if you're on a bike. But Karma implies just punishment. Kind of like he got what he deserved. I guess that's why a lot of cities have a no chase policies when it comes to high speed pursuits and bikes.

One man's 'vehicular infraction' is another mans 'assault with a deadly weapon' or even attempted murder. Who knows what lead to this altercation. At least no one was killed.

I think rational people will agree it's just stupidity taking over. I don't believe that you deserve to die from a vehicular altercation (even if you instigated it) but plenty of people do get killed. I think the "it's Karma " comment imo isn't as much as he deserves to die as it is this is the result of being stupid and brake checking a two ton cruiser what do you expect shrugs shoulders kind of thing. Regardless who started a fight it's just easier to back down and go your own way instead of throwing blows or grabbing a gun. To me that takes adult behavior. Anybody can act like a spoiled child and get in a fight. You think any of those people in that video, bikers or country boys are true rational people? Doubt it. Why follow the guy? What are you proving by chasing the person and shaking your fist? Eventually people escalate situations and someone gets f'ed up.
Don't misunderstand me, my willingness to walk doesn't mean I can't fight. I'll fight as a last resort but I'll try to walk. If the other person thinks I'm a puss because of it so be it. I don't much care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive