Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2017, 08:37 AM

686 posts, read 795,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
If you can get away with it, I would look at one of these. Handles like it is on rails and plenty of storage space with a roof rack. Much safer than an SUV that can't avoid anything on the roads. Love these cars and if I needed one, that is what I would buy, but I take driving too seriously for an SUV/truck.
Love BMWs and IMO they are the funnest cars to drive. Unfortunately we have too many kiddos for that. Great looking sport wagon though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2017, 08:37 AM

15,395 posts, read 25,663,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
A Surburban will do everything the Caddy will. Anything smaller you will be giving up the cargo space. BTW, our Enclave has the rear fold down seats, gives it about as much room as the Surburban we rented for vaction, but we lost seating for 2 more people. Just something else to think about.
You won't lose cargo space by going with a minivan.

Old 10-04-2017, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
You won't lose cargo space by going with a minivan.
The minivan cargo behind the 3rd row of seats is deceiving though and not as functional. I just looked it up as I was curious and you only lose 1.xx cubic feet of cargo space with an odyssey than you would with a suburban.

BUT, the van space is limited for use because it is a "well design" that you stack the cargo in rather than lay the cargo on a flat wide space that is more functional. I remember putting the stroller in our sienna and it taking up most of the space because of the shape. That same stroller was put in our esv and it didnt take up nearly the amount of cargo room.

Old 10-04-2017, 08:56 AM

1,218 posts, read 3,439,374 times
Look at the Mazda CX-9, it gets 28 MPG highway

https://blog.caranddriver.com/per-th...-in-its-class/

Old 10-04-2017, 09:02 AM

8,619 posts, read 10,996,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
A Caddy IS a Suburban with leather, lockwashers, and pearl paint.
"Cheap at twice the price"
caddy has a lot more power than the suburban. I love the exhaust of the caddy

Old 10-04-2017, 09:06 AM

There isn't a lot of alternatives for the hulking Suburban/Caddy.

Only thing I recommend for the OP is the Metris. Its a bit bare bone but you can fit tons of stuff in that vehicle. Then save the extra money to get a sports/luxury car

Old 10-04-2017, 09:14 AM

1,879 posts, read 1,535,835 times
Honestly a minivan will be the best option. They have almost the same seating room and similar cargo room. The "well" is a little less desirable for sure, but a minivan will be MUCH easier to park and handle. Since it’s off the table, you might want to consider a Chevrolet Traverse or Ford Explorer. I’d also look at the Expedition. I know it’s still a full-size SUV and fuel economy will be similarly low, but I think a 2015-2016 model is superior to a GM offering.

Old 10-04-2017, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
There isn't a lot of alternatives for the hulking Suburban/Caddy.

Only thing I recommend for the OP is the Metris. Its a bit bare bone but you can fit tons of stuff in that vehicle. Then save the extra money to get a sports/luxury car
LOL..... Now you sound like my wife..seriously. She is willing to get a passanger van IF we also get her a Porsche Cayenne as a daily driver. lol..

Old 10-04-2017, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccernerd View Post
Honestly a minivan will be the best option. They have almost the same seating room and similar cargo room. The "well" is a little less desirable for sure, but a minivan will be MUCH easier to park and handle. Since it’s off the table, you might want to consider a Chevrolet Traverse or Ford Explorer. I’d also look at the Expedition. I know it’s still a full-size SUV and fuel economy will be similarly low, but I think a 2015-2016 model is superior to a GM offering.
I am all about the minivan, but it wont happen.. Love the look of the new Explorer. They are very roomy inside. Would definitely look at a used one as they get get up there is cost pretty quickly for a new loaded one. I think the titanium version is north of $50k! Have never been in a traverse but worth a look. thx

Old 10-04-2017, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyman6 View Post
LOL..... Now you sound like my wife..seriously. She is willing to get a passanger van IF we also get her a Porsche Cayenne as a daily driver. lol..
given you have a fancy SUV, I was assuming you wanted utility and the luxury....not a lot of options out there. Its only Escalade, QX56, & Navigator. You stated away from large SUV. Next logical step is split it to a giant Metris & small luxury car/suv

edit...a Metris is still a "Benz"....ultimate show off to other soccer moms

Last edited by sirtiger; 10-04-2017 at 09:25 AM.. Reason: BENZZZ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive