Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 07:07 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,468,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
That's when you have someone local check it out and take pictures and give it a walk around. I have done that for someone just off of a Lightning forum I was on. Unless you want to spend the money to fly around its easier to ask or pay someone just for the time and gas to go for you.
OK, cool. That's an idea. My brother-in-law bought a 2013 Infiniti last year, and had it shipped. However, he did go through an Infiniti dealer to find the car, so I guess there was a bit more trust in those regards. He bought it and had it shipped to him. I don't know what he paid for having it shipped, but he's loving the car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2017, 07:11 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,468,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Why would you look nationwide for a Mustang GT? I could see it for something more rare but not a Mustang. Maybe a Corvette even though there's thousands of Corvettes, but then I have more faith in a Corvette being owned by fat accountant named Bob who doesn't hoon it and actually gets maintenance done.

I'm sort of watching the 996 market at the moment. It's tempting given the absurd prices of used P-cars, but then the 996 is awful. I don't really mind the looks. They look great from three sides and I don't really mind the fried eggs it has going on on the ugly side. It's just that they're money pits even if you either get one that's already had the user paid recall done so the engine doesn't blow up or do it yourself, they still are money pits. Up front price is nice but they're sort of the E55 AMG of the Porsche world. Yes, it's cheap to buy but you'll probably spend just as much money over the course of ownership as you would on an E63 or 997. Not the best example as E63s are money pits too and old enough they're not really much more expensive than an E55 nowadays.
Not necessarily the fact that it would be a rare find, but just that it seems like the local prices on Mustang GTs, especially the generation I'm interested in (2005-09) are priced much higher around my region than they are in, say, Arizona for instance. Another member on the board showed me a price of a Mustang GT, I think it was probably a 2007-08, that had lower than 50,000 miles on it (I couldn't remember the mileage, it was probably in the 20k range), and the price for it was around $11k-$13k. This was one that was accident free and looked to be in mint condition. The same car with the same mileage in my area has an asking price of close to $20k. So in that case, if I found one in another state (that wasn't a salt state during winter) with low miles for $13k, and even with the cost of shipping, I still wind up saving thousands of dollars on the car than what people are wanting for theirs in private party sale and even retail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive