Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 04:04 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,116,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
Why do people always post this kind of stupid stuff, people are to Paranoid these days, just live your life.
I'm not paranoid that much, because we realy live in a CRAP AMERICA of a super surveillance state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop View Post
Do you wear a tin foil hat too?

Have never heard of any OEM radio that cannot be replaced. Even the large screens nav systems on GM vehicles are replaceable with aftermarket systems that are just a plug and play. As for shutting down the vehicle, they don't shut it down at once, they slowly shut it down over a few hundred feet to a half mile and it is only via Onstar, and takes a report of a stolen vehicle and a police department ID or a warranty from a court. If you think Onstar or GM employees sit around and disable vehicles for fun it does not happen. (Although it does sound like fun to me.)

This unit from Pioneer will fit into my 2016 GMC that is equipped with the fully integrated Navigation and intellilink system.
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_130133...H-1330NEX.html
I wear a US Military Steel Helmut, when needed. Tin stinks.

Yeah, I was harassed by trying to start my 1999 Honda Civic but no matter what it wouldn't START. ECUs have a secret disabling function, -- connected through your vehicle radio.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2017, 04:18 PM

8,272 posts, read 10,989,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
Why do people always post this kind of stupid stuff, people are to Paranoid these days, just live your life.
Correct.

If one leads a good Christian honest life. Never drank. Never took any drugs legal or illegal. Never exceeded the speed limit. Never spanked the kids nor the dog. Leave the shades up as never walk around the house in the nude.

I'm sure everyone is the same. Right?

Old 10-25-2017, 08:26 AM

50,270 posts, read 47,032,885 times
uh oh, are they gonna find my good hunting spots?

Old 10-25-2017, 10:36 AM

17,304 posts, read 12,242,173 times
Most going the privacy route on this issue.

But what about the ethical one? Someone with a 1 day expired OnStar subscription crashes out in some rural area and airbags deploy. Life threatening injuries but could be saved if help is summoned. If OnStar was indeed still being notified of this that's a quandary.

It is always connected so that you could subscribe through the blue button itself. But they claim that they do not receive location when not subscribed to avoid that very liability. Can't just find yourself in trouble and try to get help from the sign up rep. Which could potentially lead to some awful phone calls.
"I'm dying, please send help"
"Ma'am would you be interested in our 2 year plan at $500?
"Sure, whatever just send help"
"What is your credit card number"
"I can't reach my wallet as I am busy being crushed and burned to death"
"I can't proceed without a credit card ma'am, goodbye"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive