Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2017, 07:47 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,500,794 times

Advertisements

I walk fast, I talk fast, and I drive fast. It’s just who I am.

Am I a reckless driver? Far from. I just didn’t see the point in driving slower than I have to. If the speed limit is 55mph and there’s someone in front of me doing 50 although there is no traffic congestion, yes I will go around them. I typically drive just under 10mph over the speed limit so long as traffic permits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2017, 08:09 AM

7,274 posts, read 5,236,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaErik View Post
Places to go, people to see, things to do. Just stay out of the left lane unless you're passing.
- could not agree with you more

Old 12-03-2017, 02:36 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,174,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
Very rarely does that happen in a bumper to bumper sort of rush hour situation. If the flow of traffic is slow it's usually because of a single slowpoke on a single lane road. Rarely do I find speed limits set appropriately. Most are 5-10 MPH lower than they need to be, because in my experience cops will never ticket anyone doing 5 above, which is what I do typically.

If you're on a busy interstate and getting passed by everyone including semis, sorry you're a traffic hazard. You can justify your slow pokiness all you want but the truth is the truth. You should get off the interstate and stick to side roads. You are the selfish one. You are the traffic hazard, if even semis have to change lanes to pass you. I use semis as the gold standard as the slowest speed people should be safely going on the interstate. You create traffic jams. You are more of a hazard to the road than the people going with the flow. PERIOD. Going with the flow is like not using your cell phone or yaking in a movie theater. It's called being considerate. If you want to be inconsiderate, more power to you. Eventually karma comes back to bite inconsiderate people in the butt. Likewise the people who feel the need to be going 95 when the traffic flow is 80 will eventually have karma come back and bite them in the ass. There's no need to be weaving lane to lane to save your 30 seconds in commute time. You are inconsiderate. Go with the mother bleeping flow of mother bleeping traffic you mother bleeping bleeps.

When auto driving cars start to become more popular and do exactly the speed limit it's going to create a big traffic hazard in a lot of places because like it or not, speed limits are always set too low.
Actually, I see it all the time in a bumper to bumper rush hour situation, and people on here complain about people going the speed limit or below in rush hour, so I'm clearly not alone.

And you thinking the speed limits are too slow says a heck of a lot more about you than it does about the speed limits themselves. Everyone who thinks (mistakenly) that they are a superb driver and that speed limits are too low brands themselves as someone in need of remedial driver's education.

But, to be fair, IF the flow of traffic is the speed limit or below, are you equally enthused about going with the flow? Somehow, I doubt it.

Old 12-03-2017, 08:27 PM

797 posts, read 743,750 times
Here are my questions.
Why are so many people driving so slow on the left lane?You go around them,they speed up thinking???
Why do people get into my lane without a signal when I'm going the speed limit,then slow down rudely?
Why do people not think before doing the inconsiderate things they do behind their safety net?
Perhaps that guy you were playing these little games with has anger issues and a 12 gauge in the seat?
My wife told me a story,
She went with a coworker who has anger issues to go eat. He has guns and shoots,
always carries.Says guns calm him.
A girl cuts him off(gee go figure that one)
he blinds her with his LED light bars (has a jeep wrangler)
,she gets behind him flashing her lights adding more. Luckily guns really do calm him and he just ignored it.
But gee ,people really need to think before acting .
I have anger issues too,hence why I try to take the empty routes.
Point of the story.......LED bars are really bright.

Old 12-04-2017, 02:42 AM

6,610 posts, read 3,632,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
I walk fast, I talk fast, and I drive fast. It’s just who I am.
Why?

Old 12-04-2017, 03:02 AM

44,257 posts, read 64,056,257 times
Usually, impatient people are also entitled, self-absorbed people.

Old 12-04-2017, 05:40 AM

6,610 posts, read 3,632,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Usually, impatient people are also entitled, self-absorbed people.
That's what I think.

(This is why I mentioned this thread should be in Psychology, not Automotive).

Old 12-04-2017, 06:26 AM

35,309 posts, read 51,988,114 times
The Quickening is upon us = https://deusnexus.wordpress.com/2014...e-speeding-up/

Old 12-04-2017, 08:40 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,500,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
Why?
No idea.

Why are you the way you are?

Old 12-04-2017, 09:08 AM

3,395 posts, read 2,589,638 times
The speed limit is dead and gone, no one with the exception of semi drivers drive the limit any longer.

I returned from driving from Daytona Beach, FL to Dallas yesterday, the average speed is around 85 miles per hour in the left lane in a 70 mph zone. The police in most areas ignore the speeding cars, with the exception of a speed trap on I49 in Louisiana. Even then, they only stopped cars driving above 80 mph.

I woke up my wife, when a small Smart car passed me going 85mph, my cruise control was set at 80. I had no idea they could go that fast.

The most aggressive drivers are the ones driving pickups trucks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive