Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2017, 07:34 PM

1,326 posts, read 1,138,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I think it is a bit immature to hang things from your mirror and the bad driving correlation is due to the drivers being younger and less experienced behind the wheel.

I don't know if kids still do this but they used to hang their tassle from their HS graduation.
I have one hanging up but it's not from HS so adults do it too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2017, 07:38 PM

7,057 posts, read 4,818,181 times
I’m an excellent driver.

Old 12-09-2017, 09:42 PM

666 posts, read 642,850 times
Nope , as I really don't notice what other folks have hanging from their mirrors. Too busy keeping myself and my car safe and away from the speeders, tailgaters, line cutters and all other forms of bad drivers.

Old 12-10-2017, 01:23 PM

7,774 posts, read 6,383,187 times
It is printed on the handicap hanger "remove before driving vehicle". All they need to do is read and then follow the instructions.

Scientific analysis reports that the other crap is a distraction and should be removed.

Old 12-10-2017, 01:31 PM

7,774 posts, read 6,383,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
They are more likely afraid to forget to put it up at the destination and get a fat ticket, or get towed. Leaving it up is easier. My solution was to just get the plates.
We have both the plate and for riding in someone else's car the placard.

There are some crap towns that will fine you if you forget to display it. Think $250.

Old 12-11-2017, 08:02 AM

5,341 posts, read 14,138,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
When I applied for a handicapped placard for my son, the Colorado DMV did make a point of telling me several times to not drive with the card on the rear view mirror.

Apparently it can result in a charge for “Obstructed View” or something like that.
I tell my parents to take it down. It definitely obstructs view.

Old 12-12-2017, 06:48 AM

11,759 posts, read 14,650,345 times
The same reason people who don't hang stuff from their mirrors are often bad drivers.

The same reason people with bumper stickers are often bad drivers.

The same reason people with no bumper stickers are often bad drivers.

There are millions of drivers out there and many of them are bad. They're the ones you notice.

Old 12-13-2017, 11:04 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,282,765 times
A guy at work made a comment I thought was so true: If you don't do anything wrong, people don't know you did anything at all.

Old 12-16-2017, 06:25 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,527,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I think it is a bit immature to hang things from your mirror and the bad driving correlation is due to the drivers being younger and less experienced behind the wheel.

I don't know if kids still do this but they used to hang their tassle from their HS graduation.

I didn’t give a crap about my HS grad tassel...but I was proud of graduating from college & grad school, both with honors & with no help other than my own strength, so both of those tassels were on my rear view mirror for years...I never realized it was illegal until now...oooops!

Oh well, I took them down years ago & don’t even remember where they are.

TBH, I’m more concerned about drivers & cell phones, or drivers & “substances”. Yesterday, I was waiting at a light & watched a female driver take a selfie as the light changed & we pulled away, then a couple miles down, a guy in a truck was tokin’ on a doobie.

Old 12-16-2017, 12:16 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,174,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen1981 View Post
Now that I pointed it out I bet a few weeks from now you will say that citi data poster was right. Just start noticing that slow left laners and the people who insist on almost stopping before a right turn, they have junk hanging on the mirror much more often then average.

Junk on mirror doesn't = bad driver but for some reason bad driver more then average has junk hanging from the mirror.
I have noticed while driving, that people who are checking the junk hanging from the mirrors on other peoples' cars are themselves bad drivers. On the same token, as I check these drivers from my car as they check other peoples' mirrors, I often realize that I too, often am a bad driver, for my eyes should be on the road and not on other drivers.

Last edited by RayinAK; 12-16-2017 at 12:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive