Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2017, 07:30 PM

1 posts, read 665 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for a wireless or smart parking sensor that's easy to install. I'm not much for wiring anything...When I look online most options seem to be extremely complicated or expensive. Any help would be much appreciated. I'm buying a used car soon and need to know options soon so I can maybe have the dealership install it for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2017, 07:57 PM

11,230 posts, read 9,308,278 times
Each of us is equipped with two: one on each side of your nose.

Old 12-13-2017, 08:45 PM

10,915 posts, read 31,385,275 times
I have seen license plate frame sensors that work with your smartphone and are wireless.

https://fensens.com/products/fensens...parking-sensor

https://www.hammacher.com/Product/91...CABEgK-F_D_BwE

The downside to such systems is that they are not automatic because the system is not wired to your vehicle. So, you would need to launch the app before you back into a parking spot. And, there's no camera. However, you could add a smart mirror with camera as an adjunct with the parking sensors. There are wireless cameras on the market that integrate with smartphone, too. If you're choosing between the two, a camera with depth lines and the audio prompts of the parking sensors, it may be personal preference, but both can be accomplished in a wireless setup, though perhaps not as automatic as a fully integrated and wired system.

I'd also check with a local shop that does replacement head units to see if you can get one installed with the monitor in dash in the car that you're considering, then you could add the wireless audio prompts of the park sensors.

Both the camera and sensors can be incredibly useful when parking in dense urban environments. And, before anyone chimes in with using their eyes, mirrors, and turning your head, I do all three, but the camera and sensors aid greatly, which I find very helpful when parking in DC and NYC.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 12-13-2017, 09:04 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
I'm also looking for one of those sensors that alert you when you are too close to another car, or a parking lot curb. I am building a lowered Mustang for myself right now, and the chin spoiler is inches off the ground. I always bump into those curbs with my current car, but it is higher, so I know I will be destroying the Mustang front bumper cover in no time.

I know there are wired versions, but a wireless would be easier, I think.

Old 12-14-2017, 08:07 AM

11,755 posts, read 14,644,267 times
Not exactly wireless, but https://www.amazon.com/Curb-Feelers-...s=curb+feelers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive