Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2017, 05:56 AM

79,903 posts, read 43,915,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adjusterjack View Post
Anybody still not convinced that car dealers are liars?
Someone makes an unsubstantiated claim on the internet and that makes an entire group guilty of something?

As I said, I sold cars. There was never a problem if someone didn't want the sticker on their car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2017, 06:51 AM

6,562 posts, read 11,200,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caco54 View Post
Went to pick up my new car yesterday and on the back of the car is the dealer logo. Not a plate frame but a decal on the rear panel. I told them to take it off or I won't take the car as I am not a "rolling billboard" for the dealership. They were shocked at my complaint and said it would be important to have that on the car when it comes in for service. Am I off base here, picking it up this afternoon logo free.
Absolutely not off base. As you can see, there are people who don't like it.
I normally de-badge my cars anyways, so the dealer name would be taken off regardless. Like most things car related, I rather do it myself and know I've done it to my satisfaction.

As for the reaction, perhaps your sales person simply have never encountered the request or even realized that people thought about this. And it was his personal opinion that this would help the service aspect - e.g. the dealer provides loaner cars for those that purchased vehicles there and he thought this would help them. Even though it probably has no bearing since that info would be in their CRM tool. Basically - he had zero clue, tried to help - No malicious intent.

Old 12-17-2017, 09:27 AM

9,128 posts, read 14,683,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
What dealership paints on their logo?
Some used to years back but probably none now. Die cut stickers look similar and are cheap quick and easy to apply.

I always ask to remove or I just do it as well.

They can’t refuse service, but I’ve heard of some dealers that give you a car wash free anytime you bring the car in if you have the logo or plate frame on. That’s fine as the last think I want is some newbie running my car through their scratch creating free car wash.

Old 12-17-2017, 10:48 AM

15,216 posts, read 8,823,789 times
I don't see dealer stickers on cars around here. I do remember back in the 1980s that it was common for dealers to attach their advertising emblem right onto the car body. But I haven't seen that in a long time. I'm kind of surprised by the amount of people who leave those dealer license plate frames on their car. If I bought a brand new car, that would be the first thing to go.

Old 12-17-2017, 11:25 AM

9,795 posts, read 7,065,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired in Illinois View Post
Scare tactic to get their logo left on. Ignore it since if they refuse to service ,or something worse, you can sue them.
Actually an dealer can refuse you service at any time. No one is entitled to service at a particular dealer. Unless you are a protected class, the dealer can fire you as a customer. At one time I was told when bringing my car in service at one dealership that they never should have let me in the door. The car was a problem child and they didn't want to handle it.

As for the service angle, it's possible that dealer sales customers are given preferential treatment for immediate service, appointments, freebies, et al. But at most dealerships, service is a distinct profit center from sales and the service manager really doesn't care.

I at one time was adamant about having no advertising on my car. As I've grown older, I've mellowed out and decided it wasn't worth the hassle. My last car came with both a vinyl dealer sticker and a plate frame. I removed the sticker when I got home and kept the frame on it. No more agitare.

Old 12-17-2017, 11:32 AM

6,639 posts, read 4,530,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHoVe View Post
The logo is absolutely not important for service.

To begin with you are entitled to sevice anywhere within the deal network of that brand. What dealership the car was purchased at within the network is (or at least is supposed to be) absolutely irrelevant.

Where the can was purchased pops up with the VIN check which is normally done at dealerships as a matter of course simply to they can recommend services due.

I'm curious as to the make of this vehicle that was purchased.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/autom...l#post44588975

Old 12-17-2017, 05:30 PM

7,984 posts, read 5,340,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post

As I said, I sold cars. There was never a problem if someone didn't want the sticker on their car.
Then why not ask first, "Is it okay if we put a dealer logo on your brand new car?"

I find it amazing that it is automatically put on there unless one is savvy enough to know better.

Old 12-17-2017, 05:39 PM

26,156 posts, read 21,402,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post
Then why not ask first, "Is it okay if we put a dealer logo on your brand new car?"

I find it amazing that it is automatically put on there unless one is savvy enough to know better.
If you ask first there will be a lot of no answers so you put it on and most people couldn't care less and the dealer gets free advertising

Old 12-17-2017, 05:57 PM

79,903 posts, read 43,915,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post

It's not a big deal. You drive around with Toyota, or Ford or Chevy on your car. Your jeans say Levi's on the back.

Old 12-17-2017, 06:40 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,939,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It's not a big deal. You drive around with Toyota, or Ford or Chevy on your car. Your jeans say Levi's on the back.
Not the same at all. Your jeans say Levi because it was made by Levi. Would you wear Levi jeans with a big Walmart logo on them? After all, Walmart sold them to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive