Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2018, 11:42 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,930,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Theire both total aholes. Hell both are mentally unstable. Who the f uses their car to ram another car because they were cut off? I get cut out off on my way home. I’m not going to get in a altercation because of it. Just have no interest to lower myself to some idiots mental level.
Yeah, I got cut off or blocked at least 3 times on my way home from work yesterday - and it’s only a 15-minute drive, lol. If I stopped my car on the FREEWAY and confronted everyone who did that here, I’d be dead or in jail by now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2018, 07:37 AM

78,375 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJT123 View Post
I'm not sure what state this is in, but in a stand-your-ground state you absolutely could shoot to kill if someone came up to your window in a threatening manner.

Neither condoning nor condemning that action, just saying.
Here is an actual, real-life example in a state with actual stand your ground laws that the defense attempted to use. The shooter got manslaughter.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-l...-idUSKBN1FG05I

SYG is not "carte blanche" to just gun someone down for yelling at you and then saying "I felt threatened".
I'm sure there are several people sitting in prison right now that thought it did.

Old 02-20-2018, 07:43 AM

30,148 posts, read 11,783,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellshii View Post
What happened to getting out of the car and fighting like a man?That's also long gone as well huh?
Yeah that is a good idea. We don't seem to have enough people assaulting each other like anymore like the good ole days.

What happened to civility? These two idiots deserve messed up vehicles and their licenses revoked.

Old 02-20-2018, 11:21 AM

10,611 posts, read 12,123,920 times
Quote:
"carte blanche" to just gun someone down for yelling at you and then saying "I felt threatened".
...yeah only the police get to two that.

Old 02-20-2018, 11:39 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,596,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
It should be obvious the person in front started it. First of all, he's in front. Secondly, he exited his vehicle...did you miss that part? Or the assault?

Open your eyes. You seem short on common sense.
You don’t know if the guy in the Escape did anything to provoke him, for all we know he could have tried running him off of the road 5 miles back. Obviously the girl taking video of it with her phone must have seen something, which is why she picked up her phone and started recording it.

Old 02-20-2018, 12:07 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,224,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
...yeah only the police get to two that.
And anything the cops can do, any of us can do. Can't have two different standards for different people. If that's the deal, then the government isn't legit anyway, there is no legitimate law, and you don't have to obey it.

Old 02-20-2018, 01:53 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,689,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
And anything the cops can do, any of us can do. Can't have two different standards for different people. If that's the deal, then the government isn't legit anyway, there is no legitimate law, and you don't have to obey it.
Uh, no. You have no clue, do you?

Old 02-20-2018, 02:09 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,224,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Uh, no. You have no clue, do you?
No, you don't have a clue.

Cops are not special people endowed with special natural rights. They have only the same right YOU do or I do or anyone else has got.

So if THEY can shoot someone because they were in fear for their life, and that's all it takes...then so can YOU or ME.

Old 02-20-2018, 02:15 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,793,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
The guy should have filled that nut's chest full of lead, come up to MY window and threaten me you leave in a bag.
This happened near us. A guy cut another guy off. The cut of guy got out at a light and went to go yell and beat his chest at the cutter offer. Cutter offer (we will call him Johnny Mack) panicked and shot him twice. Cutter offer got 15 years. Cut off guy left a wife and 4 year old girl with no daddy. Stupid and sad all around.

If someone wants to yell at me and beat their chest, I just agree with them. Yup I am stupid and a ****ty driver. You are right I should not be driving. I am the dumbest person you will ever see. Hope your day goes better and you do not encounter any more idiots like me. Bye bye.

I do nto care who was really at fault or who really did the stupid thing. It is irrelevant. Costs me nothing. No one dies, no one goes to prison, No orphans or ruined lives over pure stupidity.

Old 02-20-2018, 02:30 PM

9,414 posts, read 11,159,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Yeah, I got cut off or blocked at least 3 times on my way home from work yesterday - and it’s only a 15-minute drive, lol. If I stopped my car on the FREEWAY and confronted everyone who did that here, I’d be dead or in jail by now.
Or be a Yew Toob star. Like yooj.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive