Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 05:10 PM

3 posts, read 2,220 times

Advertisements

My worst driving mistake would be when a hedgehog a crossed the road and I accidentally hit it , the hedgehog survived
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2018, 07:32 PM

1,143 posts, read 1,377,251 times
Mine was when me and my buddy were driving cross country and I had to urinate really bad. We were in a hurry so I filled up a bunch of beer bottles with urine. Then we got pulled over by a motorcycle cop. The cop was going to write us a ticket for speeding, but then he saw all of the beer bottles. He asked for one of the bottles and then took a drink from it.

Luckily we didn't get in any trouble. He just told us to get out of there, so we did.

Old 03-23-2018, 07:54 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,137,501 times
Taking my first sporty car - a used Mazda RX-7 - for a spin in the winter and going too fast for the conditions on the highway. Spun the car 540 degrees and ended up at the side of the road facing traffic. No damage, just shaken up. Still don’t know how I survived that one.

Old 03-23-2018, 08:55 PM

5,717 posts, read 18,818,100 times
I bought a Dodge Dakota Extended can SLT+, the best they made. What a POS that was. It's a wonder the thing didn't collapse under its own weight. Even the ECM on it died along with ball joints, transmission issues, rear axle spring mount not welded to the frame, the firewall not welded to the pillar on the passenger side breaking the windshield, bad Goodyear tires that had to be replaced but I got to wait almost a month due to the queered up size of the tire and wheel option. All of that in less than 16,000 miles.Nope, you couldn't give me another one after the POS left me on the side of a country road in 115F heat and nothing around for miles including traffic. My worst driving experience.....driving a Dodge truck.

Old 03-23-2018, 10:01 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,312,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperL View Post
I bought a Dodge Dakota Extended can SLT+, the best they made. What a POS that was. It's a wonder the thing didn't collapse under its own weight. Even the ECM on it died along with ball joints, transmission issues, rear axle spring mount not welded to the frame, the firewall not welded to the pillar on the passenger side breaking the windshield, bad Goodyear tires that had to be replaced but I got to wait almost a month due to the queered up size of the tire and wheel option. All of that in less than 16,000 miles.Nope, you couldn't give me another one after the POS left me on the side of a country road in 115F heat and nothing around for miles including traffic. My worst driving experience.....driving a Dodge truck.
Lol. Sounds like you bought the Dodge Dakota I sold. My biggest mistake was a not only one Dodge i decided to really punish myself and moved to a Ram 3500. That was a whole new exercise in crap quality. I doubt I’ll ever buy a Dodge again.

I dumped the Ram after a year.

Old 03-23-2018, 11:59 PM

2,753 posts, read 3,287,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfrabel View Post
Mine was when me and my buddy were driving cross country and I had to urinate really bad. We were in a hurry so I filled up a bunch of beer bottles with urine. Then we got pulled over by a motorcycle cop. The cop was going to write us a ticket for speeding, but then he saw all of the beer bottles. He asked for one of the bottles and then took a drink from it.

Luckily we didn't get in any trouble. He just told us to get out of there, so we did.
That's from the movie Dumb and Dumber? I don't any cop would just take a drink from something they're not entirely sure of, unless it's a rogue cop who doesn't care LOL.

Old 03-24-2018, 04:30 AM

16,148 posts, read 10,287,928 times
Easily it was returning from spring break when in high school. We blew past a South Carolina trooper going 90, when the speed limit was 55. I was the front car and decided it would be a great idea to out run the officer so the 2 cars went faster, ducking off on the first exit and waiting under the bridge as he flew over top of us. We then took the back roads to the state line.

This was in the late 70's when southern cops had a reputation for being very hard on those from the north, I'm sure punk high school kids who tried to out run them would be high on the list. I later learned the guy in the back seat of my car had pot on him, I know I had an open bottle of Jack up front. If we had been caught I'd still be in a SC prison.

Old 03-24-2018, 04:45 AM

16,148 posts, read 10,287,928 times
Yeah Dodge trucks, I have no idea why people continue to buy them. I really like the Dakota, think it's great looking and the perfect size. But not a chance I buy one.

Old 03-24-2018, 05:41 AM

2,770 posts, read 2,589,838 times
I was a delivery driver for Sherwin Williams Paints when I was 19. It was a standard ford f-350 box truck. I was tasked with picking up 80 gallons of paint from another store, to deliver to a job site. It was a 45 minute trip. 20 minutes into my trek, a kind person pulled up to me at a red light to tell me that the my rear door of my truck was open, . . .I immediately broke into a cold sweat. So, I then pull over to discover an empty box truck, all 80 gallons of paint are gone. I then retraced my route back to an intersection(Powerline and Sample in South Florida), where I witnessed elderly people driving full speed into five gallon buckets of paint and dragging them underneath their cars without stopping. There were police there watching this take place, and I humbly walked up to them to let them know I was responsible, . . .They Laughed.

Old 03-24-2018, 05:47 AM

2,771 posts, read 2,287,724 times
Drove a Jeep down an icy PA hill and stepped on the brakes a bit too hard.

Started spinning end over end about three times.

Luckily, I didn't hit any parked cars and ended up facing forward, so I just kept driving, but more carefully.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive