Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 09:54 AM

5,713 posts, read 4,289,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
Most places I don't lock my car but if I do I want to hear the beep so I know it worked. Our car's beeps are not that loud though.
Guess what? The horn honking only means your horn works. It doesn't mean your doors locked.

Old 04-24-2018, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
how does that help? If I check my doors are locked BEFORE exiting the vehicle, how do I get out without unlocking the doors? Climb through the sunroof?
So the brilliant engineers of your car forgot to provide you with a way to lock the doors manually? What if you lose your fob? Ya gotta walk away with the doors ounlocked and your back seat filled with all those electronics you just bought at Best Buy? I mean engineers are dumb sometimes, but I dont think any that dumb actually have jobs.

Old 04-24-2018, 10:01 AM

15,431 posts, read 25,814,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
So the brilliant engineers of your car forgot to provide you with a way to lock the doors manually? What if you lose your fob? Ya gotta walk away with the doors ounlocked and your back seat filled with all those electronics you just bought at Best Buy? I mean engineers are dumb sometimes, but I dont think any that dumb actually have jobs.
The key goes in the lock on the outside. The post said to make sure they were locked before exiting the vehicle. So, you're saying that I should lower the window and reach out with the key to lock the door before exiting. Got it! At least I can climb out the now open window.

Old 04-24-2018, 10:04 AM

15,431 posts, read 25,814,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post

The same thing happens even without them. There are no missing details. It hurts either way when people beep it.
Then that's too bad. They don't have cars on Mackinac Island. Why not live there?

Old 04-24-2018, 10:10 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,667,017 times
Quote:
Sure, I'll just throw my hearing aids (which make your beeping even LOUDER than it would have been otherwise) and plunk in some ineffective ear plugs from Walgreen's into my ear to accommodate YOUR necessity to beep your alarm.
So basically you're saying that you don't want to find another solution to solve YOUR problem. Instead you want to make it everyone else's problem.

Quote:
Except....oh, wait! You don't HAVE to beep your alarm! You can just click it once! Yes, I get that it's a habit you have to beep it.
You also don't HAVE to walk by the front of a car as someone is getting out. You could choose to walk at the back of vehicles away from the hood until you get to your car. The "habit" of clicking until you hear the sound is no different than a "habit" to complain every time you disagree with something.

Quote:
And I'm here telling you that it's a stupid habit that could easily be avoided by checking the light. I check the light without beeping. Many others do the same. If you prefer to beep, be aware that people like me, who may have been aurally assaulted by the beeps as we're going about our lives 7 days in a row or more, can get SERIOUSLY PO'ed by this!
It's so stupid that it is a standard feature on ALL cars and trucks with keyless entry. I'm sorry, but beeping a horn is NOT assault. That is a snowflake answer and is much of what is wrong with society today. You don't like what someone else does, see it as an inconvenience to your life, and then turn it into a damaging event to push an agenda to have others conform to your lifestyle. Folks who have to deal with people that complain like this 7 days in a row can also get seriously PO'ed by it. What's the difference?

Quote:
Why on earth can't you just use the light? Or, if it is IMPERATIVE for you to beep, don't beep when someone is walking about their life RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR DARN HORN! Do you get that?!
Why on earth shouldn't I be allowed to use a feature on a vehicle that I PAID FOR, that isn't against the law? And again... I doubt people are standing idly by waiting on you to walk by to beep their horn. They do so on their way out of the vehicle. And AGAIN, you do NOT have to walk right in front of their horn. You CHOOSE to do so.

Quote:
You claim that society shouldn't conform to one person. I certainly don't disagree. But why in the heck do you have to affect that person and make that person conform to your horrible beep when there are other options? Why?
You absolutely disagree. That is in fact the reason for this post. You say you don't disagree that society shouldn't conform to one person but in the next sentence say that they should choose other options (which conforms to your situation). Which is it?

Quote:
It's not a "horrible beep" to you. I get that. And I don't care. Good for you! You don't have to deal with excruciating tinnitus! I'm happy for you. I'm trying to get YOU to understand that OTHERS will have to deal with it, due to YOUR action. An action that is easily preventable. That's all I am saying.
As said before, we all have a condition of some sort. Sometimes those conditions can lead to painful interactions with other people. What I'm trying to get YOU to understand is that OTHERS shouldn't have to suffer to YOUR condition because you want them to. The preventable action is easy. Keep to yourself and don't get into other people's business.

I mentioned earlier that I have misophonia. What do you think would happen if I walked up to someone in a restaurant and asked them to stop chewing with their mouth open, or slurping their coffee because it bothers me? They'll likely tell me to get bent, and rightfully so. They have every right to enjoy themselves as I do. If I am the one with the problem, I have to deal with it. It is not my place to make it everyone else's problem. You cannot seem to grasp that.

Old 04-24-2018, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
The key goes in the lock on the outside. The post said to make sure they were locked before exiting the vehicle. So, you're saying that I should lower the window and reach out with the key to lock the door before exiting. Got it! At least I can climb out the now open window.
So you didnt understand what was meant, or you are trying to be funny? It meant you can lock the car manually without honking.

Old 04-24-2018, 10:20 AM

Oh my my poor you...the untold suffering YOU would have to endure if you were forced to be considerate of other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
So basically you're saying that you don't want to find another solution to solve YOUR problem. Instead you want to make it everyone else's problem.

You also don't HAVE to walk by the front of a car as someone is getting out. You could choose to walk at the back of vehicles away from the hood until you get to your car. The "habit" of clicking until you hear the sound is no different than a "habit" to complain every time you disagree with something.

It's so stupid that it is a standard feature on ALL cars and trucks with keyless entry. I'm sorry, but beeping a horn is NOT assault. That is a snowflake answer and is much of what is wrong with society today. You don't like what someone else does, see it as an inconvenience to your life, and then turn it into a damaging event to push an agenda to have others conform to your lifestyle. Folks who have to deal with people that complain like this 7 days in a row can also get seriously PO'ed by it. What's the difference?

Why on earth shouldn't I be allowed to use a feature on a vehicle that I PAID FOR, that isn't against the law? And again... I doubt people are standing idly by waiting on you to walk by to beep their horn. They do so on their way out of the vehicle. And AGAIN, you do NOT have to walk right in front of their horn. You CHOOSE to do so.

You absolutely disagree. That is in fact the reason for this post. You say you don't disagree that society shouldn't conform to one person but in the next sentence say that they should choose other options (which conforms to your situation). Which is it?

As said before, we all have a condition of some sort. Sometimes those conditions can lead to painful interactions with other people. What I'm trying to get YOU to understand is that OTHERS shouldn't have to suffer to YOUR condition because you want them to. The preventable action is easy. Keep to yourself and don't get into other people's business.

I mentioned earlier that I have misophonia. What do you think would happen if I walked up to someone in a restaurant and asked them to stop chewing with their mouth open, or slurping their coffee because it bothers me? They'll likely tell me to get bent, and rightfully so. They have every right to enjoy themselves as I do. If I am the one with the problem, I have to deal with it. It is not my place to make it everyone else's problem. You cannot seem to grasp that.

Old 04-24-2018, 10:26 AM

17,620 posts, read 17,674,997 times
My 2015 Hyundai Elantra does a low chirp, like half the volume of the car horn.

Old 04-24-2018, 10:43 AM

10,351 posts, read 8,569,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post

Nailed it

Old 04-24-2018, 10:50 AM

10,351 posts, read 8,569,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
My 2015 Hyundai Elantra does a low chirp, like half the volume of the car horn.
Based on a few people here you are very rude and inconsiderate if you use that feature.

Actually based on a few it seems all the car manufacturers are rude and inconsiderate.
If the problem was that bad, then car manufacturers would have changed it.
The issue is a few people have unique problems that they expect the other millions of people to be aware of and change over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive