Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2018, 10:41 PM

164 posts, read 117,621 times

Advertisements

As my ex-wife would say; a car is not a status symbol, it's a means of getting from point a to point b!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2018, 02:56 AM

3,212 posts, read 2,219,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Well, as I asked earlier; when/where would a woman ever even see the car you are driving upon introducing? Not in a club, bar, library, etc. I seriously doubt anyone is meeting a woman while stuck in traffic or parking in a parking lot.

Considering I am married, my cars sit most of the time in the garage, and when I am out to clubs, bars, etc, I am either walking to them or parking and walking in, I seriously doubt my (or anyone similar) has a car with reasons of trying to impress a woman.

Maybe someone in High School...maybe.

Old 05-03-2018, 02:58 AM

24,141 posts, read 9,091,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
This is an ignorant post.
Many (if not most) women know.
They simply don't usually care.
I own a C6 corvette, guess how many women I've received compliments from? Zero. Guess how many men have given me compliment? I lost track. I've given plenty of women rides in it. Guess what? They didn't sleep with me afterwards.

Like I said, women don't know and don't care what a nice car is. Women are generally not car enthusiasts.They can't differentiate between cars or horsepower or rarity or prices.

They don't know what the hell a Nissan GTR, Toyota Supra, Porsche 911 GTR, Honda NSX, Mclaren MP4-12C, old school Ford Mustang or Corvette looks like. They confuse Nissan Altima coupes for Infiniti G37s or Nissan 350Z. They don't know and couldn't care less. Pull up in a 1989 Nissan Skyline GTR, women wouldn't know what the hell that was. Explain to them what makes a Mercedes AMG GTR different. They would think it's a regular common Mercedes. Men care, not women, in general.

Women understand luxury name brand SUVs like Cadillac and Mercedes, but couldn't tell you jack crap about anything else. All they know is they want the luxury SUV because all the "trophy wives" have it. Oh they know Range Rover too, they love that one.

I assure you I would be getting laid right now if women knew what a Corvette was and why it's iconic. I might as well be driving a Honda Accord in their eyes (luckily I'm engaged so it doesn't matter anymore). When it comes to cars, they don't know and don't car. SUVs? They care.

Last edited by Rocko20; 05-03-2018 at 03:10 AM..

Old 05-03-2018, 07:46 AM

3,212 posts, read 2,219,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
I own a C6 corvette, guess how many women I've received compliments from? Zero. Guess how many men have given me compliment? I lost track. I've given plenty of women rides in it. Guess what? They didn't sleep with me afterwards.

Like I said, women don't know and don't care what a nice car is. Women are generally not car enthusiasts.They can't differentiate between cars or horsepower or rarity or prices.

They don't know what the hell a Nissan GTR, Toyota Supra, Porsche 911 GTR, Honda NSX, Mclaren MP4-12C, old school Ford Mustang or Corvette looks like. They confuse Nissan Altima coupes for Infiniti G37s or Nissan 350Z. They don't know and couldn't care less. Pull up in a 1989 Nissan Skyline GTR, women wouldn't know what the hell that was. Explain to them what makes a Mercedes AMG GTR different. They would think it's a regular common Mercedes. Men care, not women, in general.

Women understand luxury name brand SUVs like Cadillac and Mercedes, but couldn't tell you jack crap about anything else. All they know is they want the luxury SUV because all the "trophy wives" have it. Oh they know Range Rover too, they love that one.

I assure you I would be getting laid right now if women knew what a Corvette was and why it's iconic. I might as well be driving a Honda Accord in their eyes (luckily I'm engaged so it doesn't matter anymore). When it comes to cars, they don't know and don't car. SUVs? They care.
LOL...I drive a Charger Hellcat and women are very impressed (they care not) and I've never heard a woman comment about my car but guys, yeah they love it. If you want to impress a woman, show her that you own a mansion, they don't give a you know what about cars other than whether it goes or not.

Old 05-03-2018, 09:48 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,416,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post

Its strange that it was not this way in the past. Ive heard stories about guys with nice cars attracting females back in the 60s and 70s, even 80s and 90s to some degree.

Old 05-03-2018, 09:53 AM

5,640 posts, read 24,849,524 times
I have had numerous cars over many years including expensive sports cars, etc. There is only one category that constantly gets attention... large black luxury cars.

Old 05-03-2018, 10:03 AM

2,867 posts, read 3,503,989 times
Hey OP, guess what happens to guys who attract girls because they have a nice car? They don't get to keep it for very long.... Why? Well, let's play a little game called "oh crap, I married her". This new theory comes into your life of "what is yours is ours, and what is mine, is mine". What that ultimately translates into is "you spend too much on your car" aka "I want a range rover" aka "you're selling your car to buy me my range rover." And, bye bye hot ride car that got you into this mess to begin with.

Bus runs 5 minutes late on Tuesdays, Frank the Tank.

Old 05-03-2018, 01:41 PM

8,076 posts, read 6,833,624 times
I'm female and am not impressed by DRIVERS of cars.
If, on the other hand, you actually BUILT the car.... then that would make YOU impressive.
Or if you actually know your way around an engine, etc.

I would be more impressed by someone who built this:

rather than some guy who just happened to purchase an expensive corvette, but doesn't even know how to change the oil or has to call a tow-truck if he gets a flat tire.

But that's just me.

Old 05-03-2018, 02:15 PM

91 posts, read 61,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by santafe400 View Post
If you have some luxury vehicle, cool sports car, or other nice ride that you bought to impress the opposite sex or even your peers, for the love of God take off the decal from the used car/bad credit dealership because you're shiny 1995 BMW that you bought with 130,000 miles on it from Bad Credit Motors makes you come off as poor and broke. That is all.

If anyone over the age of 17 is buying cars to impress a significant other, co-worker or your buddies you need to have your head examined.

When I was dating a while back I specifically drove my old truck on every date, wore normal jeans and a pull over shirt and didn't go to expensive places for dinners or outings. If a woman was going to like me then it wasn't going to be for my car, cloths or money.

Old 05-03-2018, 02:22 PM

24,141 posts, read 9,091,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Its strange that it was not this way in the past. Ive heard stories about guys with nice cars attracting females back in the 60s and 70s, even 80s and 90s to some degree.
Social media and supply and demand my friend. Now every tom, dick, and harry can finance a nice car so women don’t really care about it. Between Facebook, tinder, Instagram, etc. they have an endless choice of men and can be as picky as they want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
LOL...I drive a Charger Hellcat and women are very impressed (they care not) and I've never heard a woman comment about my car but guys, yeah they love it. If you want to impress a woman, show her that you own a mansion, they don't give a you know what about cars other than whether it goes or not.
It depends on the woman. If you think it will impress these Instagram models with millions of followers including athletes and entertainers, think again. They’ve been in plenty of mansions and on yachts and on private jets.

Women generally get offended if they think you’re trying to seduce them with material goods. If you want to impress a woman, she has to be mediocre, and already like you before she knows what you have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdelena View Post
I have had numerous cars over many years including expensive sports cars, etc. There is only one category that constantly gets attention... large black luxury cars.
Yup, big black SUVs typically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive