U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2018, 06:29 AM

26,319 posts, read 24,418,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
Law enforcement, that's who is in the wrong. They should be out there actually enforcing the traffic laws, including slower traffic keep right AND the speed limit law, if this is a common occurrence (traffic driving 75 mph in a posted 55 mph zone).
you don't seem to understand, I wish the same as you do, but the police are so very busy, every law enforcement city across the U.S. is "understaffed". They no longer have time to sit along the roads...once in a while, you'll see them, but not nearly like it was years ago...and it's a shame and a big reason why our road laws are not enforced....but I don't believe people are aware of the fact, of just how short handed all our police forces are...they are answering calls that to them are much more important...

if you see them by the road, then you can bet they are having a much slower day...

When townships and cities cut back on costs, the first thing they cut is police and fire and it's a shame, b/c the public suffers, but I think to myself, driving safely should be a no brainer.

but it's a shame they've got to be out there, in order to slow people down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2018, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrandK-Man View Post
I see what you mean about sitting at a red light in the a$$ end of nowhere, and it's a timed instersection, not one wih sensor plates beneath the pavement.

On the other hand, I signal every turn, lane change, or other such maneuver, even if it seems there is nobody else - other drivers, pedestrians, bicyclists - for miles, because I know I don't have eyes in back of my head, and mirrors, even properly adjusted don't tell the whole story.

yes, it just becomes habit....

better to be safe than sorry. Good Lord, I sound like my mother.

Old 08-13-2018, 07:44 AM

791 posts, read 763,336 times
"What is the sense in passing a truck if you are going to slow back down once you get ahead of them?"

'Gamer-Mentality' = Everyone in the rear-view mirror is 'Losing'.

To those of you who drive according to that credo...have fun with that...really...

...as for myself, I'm trying for better fuel-mileage...you can downshift and go around.

Old 08-13-2018, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltdumbear View Post
"What is the sense in passing a truck if you are going to slow back down once you get ahead of them?"

'Gamer-Mentality' = Everyone in the rear-view mirror is 'Losing'.

To those of you who drive according to that credo...have fun with that...really...

...as for myself, I'm trying for better fuel-mileage...you can downshift and go around.
it totally depends on the inclines, if your driving interstate around mountains, you would probably slow down to the speed limit once you got past....which is what I've done may times driving cross country.....

Old 08-13-2018, 08:40 AM

20,308 posts, read 16,477,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrandK-Man View Post
I see what you mean about sitting at a red light in the a$$ end of nowhere, and it's a timed instersection, not one wih sensor plates beneath the pavement.

On the other hand, I signal every turn, lane change, or other such maneuver, even if it seems there is nobody else - other drivers, pedestrians, bicyclists - for miles, because I know I don't have eyes in back of my head, and mirrors, even properly adjusted don't tell the whole story.
I do those things too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or