Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2018, 12:06 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,694,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
I love reading posts by those who are praying for a business to fail. What an attitude.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
It's called spotting a bubble and trying to keep it from getting bigger. Otherwise you end up with every other economic crash over the past 100 years.
If Tesla fails, people will realize running massive debts for pie in the sky optimistic promises, from mentally incompetent CEOs is a bad investment and stick to more stable and sustainable investment strategies sparing the rest of the country an economic collapse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus1ander View Post
Or if Tesla succeeds, people will realize that it's okay to reach for the stars and try to disrupt established industries. Calling Elon Musk "mentally incompetent" is pretty ballsy considering he is a hell of a lot more successful than you.
Some people wish for massive failure. Whether to enjoy the show or to boost their ego through, "See I was right!" Equating Tesla failing with an economic collapse is grasping at straws. Talk about inflation.

Edison should go back to his lab and stop trying to do something that will never work. What the hell is Ford doing? You can't spend all that money on some equipment that won't do what he thinks it will. What is IBM doing? Can you believe all the money they are spending on a dead end idea. Computers in my house? I'd need another garage to hold it all.

Yeah, those people should be stopped before they ruin the country.

Others want to see success for people who at least try.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2018, 12:16 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,944,788 times
Quote:
Or if Tesla succeeds, people will realize that it's okay to reach for the stars and try to disrupt established industries. Calling Elon Musk "mentally incompetent" is pretty ballsy considering he is a hell of a lot more successful than you or I.
He's not more successful than I am....that I know for sure. I don't sleep in factories and I'm not addicted to Ambien. I don't pretend to smoke weed to look cool. I actually create things people use everyday and don't feel like I need a trophy for it. Elon is more like a 15 year old who fell into a lot of money that needs a lot of praise, needs to be shielded from critics, and otherwise needs babysitting so he doesn't do anything stupid. He is mentally incompetent by every stretch of the word. Only a Elon can make being a billionaire so difficult. What he has is clearly a some kind of mental disorder.

Reaching for the stars sounds noble but it's usually stupid and childish. The only people who can afford to sustainably afford it are established companies with a proven track record. Otherwise just hand billions to 2nd graders and hope for the best. When Elon's dreams fail, not only does it mean jobs and investments are lost, but if allowed to get big enough, could mean an entire economic collapse.
Actual successful companies are usually doing the mundane, such as Amazon and Alibaba...otherwise obscure industries that didn't draw too much attention to competition until they got huge.

Old 09-11-2018, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Some people wish for massive failure. Whether to enjoy the show or to boost their ego through, "See I was right!" Equating Tesla failing with an economic collapse is grasping at straws. Talk about inflation.

Edison should go back to his lab and stop trying to do something that will never work. What the hell is Ford doing? You can't spend all that money on some equipment that won't do what he thinks it will. What is IBM doing? Can you believe all the money they are spending on a dead end idea. Computers in my house? I'd need another garage to hold it all.

Yeah, those people should be stopped before they ruin the country.

Others want to see success for people who at least try.
Edison is a bad example. He got into an 19th century equivalent of a "Twitter War" with Nikola Tesla and basically proved that he was just an old man that refused to except change. He wanted to be famous at the expense of everybody else even while most of his inventions were created by his labs that he had no part of.
Nikola Tesla fell into the same trap, got more outlandish, and died poor.

Don't grasp at past successes to justify modern enthusiasm. You're looking for people who you can claim single handedly invented the modern world while ignoring the fact the modern world was created by million's of regular people inventing small mundane things over a long period of time. People who claim otherwise are usually failures.

Old 09-11-2018, 12:31 PM

Nice try. Fail.

Old 09-11-2018, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Nice try. Fail.
Weak

Old 09-11-2018, 03:01 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
Tesla is drowning in debt their stock is loosing money. This was posted 10 hours ago.

https://ameinfo.com/technology/innov...everyones-ire/

I don’t think any major automaker will buy them their debt is to big.
Elon is the problem, not the cars.

Old 09-11-2018, 05:27 PM

3,433 posts, read 3,750,850 times
Between Tek_Freek and Ziggy, aus1ander is the most rational person here. He's (or she's?) right on point.

I would like to see Tesla be managed more like a car company in the near future. They're not there right now. I think that transition will help its long term outlook.

If EV prices don't come down more, it will be a harder and harder sell. I can't afford a $50k car I can only use half of the time.

Old 09-11-2018, 05:59 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,052,538 times
Quote:
Or if Tesla succeeds, people will realize that it's okay to reach for the stars and try to disrupt established industries. Calling Elon Musk "mentally incompetent" is pretty ballsy considering he is a hell of a lot more successful than you or I.

While I wouldn't invest in Telsa with my own money, I'm certainly very glad to see Musk and others like him doing their best to change the world.

Old 09-11-2018, 06:03 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,052,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Romano View Post
If EV prices don't come down more, it will be a harder and harder sell. I can't afford a $50k car I can only use half of the time.

Yup. Cost is the key for a lot of people, including myself. I'd save quite a lot on energy cost over the life on an EV, but if it only offsets the extra cost of buying the car in the first place it's not really an economic win. Key is to get the overall cost of ownership down below an ICE car, then we'd see many people switching over.

Old 09-11-2018, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
Weak
Not as weak as BS about being someone you probably aren't.

And it was a fail. Stretching that hard will pull a muscle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive