Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2018, 08:58 PM

4 posts, read 6,711 times

Advertisements

Hi, I’m currently in a Mazda 6 lease and I’m thinking about leasing an SUV for the winters in Minnesota. I still have months left on my lease and really like the XC40 but it’s sold out and won’t be available for at least 6 months. The 2018 CX5 has some really good deals right now even on the grant touring with the heads up display package and then there’s the Lexus UX that has Apple CarPlay which I really want. Which AWD suv would you choose?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2018, 04:22 AM

628 posts, read 838,102 times
The CX-5 would be a good idea as it is the same brand as your current car and you may get a loyalty discount if you stay with the same brand and dealership
but the Lexus UX would be more reliable however the CX-5 is more reliable than the XC40
I would buy rather than lease because you can only drive like 10k a year with a lease
assuming you do a 36 month lease and you drive 13k miles a year with a 15 cent a mile fee you will pay 2025 dollars in fees at the end of lease

Old 09-20-2018, 09:42 AM

19,014 posts, read 27,562,983 times
If you are hopping leases, reliability is not really your concern. You have warranty.
UX is TINY. It's a toy ute. Even NX that I have is too small.

You need good AWD system for your state, it's rather good winters there. As there is big segment difference between Lexus and the others, are you looking into luxury brand or just a good car? Get Subaru, if you are staying in lease only and don't concern yourself with something breaking down.

It's a whole different story if you were to buy and hold a car.

Old 09-20-2018, 11:11 AM

8,679 posts, read 11,069,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwh View Post
T
I would buy rather than lease because you can only drive like 10k a year with a lease
assuming you do a 36 month lease and you drive 13k miles a year with a 15 cent a mile fee you will pay 2025 dollars in fees at the end of lease
you can always negotiate miles on a lease. I known friend who has 20k a year on leases. Much more than 20k, its doesn't make sense to lease imo.

The standard on a lease is 12k. 10k for luxury. 3yr/36k is standard. There is more and there is less.

Old 09-20-2018, 12:50 PM

9,131 posts, read 19,997,945 times
I am thinking your cross shopping the UX and XC40 with the CX-5 because they are in a smaller class, so prices are closer?

I have been in the XC40. Nice small crossover, but not particularly exciting or "great" in any one area. Well equipped the price gets high IMO. It's by no means bad, but your paying for the luxury brand to some extent here. If the deal works out I would not cross it off, but you should be able to do better at Mazda.

CX-5,has luxury brand levels of refinement and sound isolation to it. You give up some HP, but you have to drive it first to see if that is a bother or not. It does not feel sluggish to me in normal driving.

I cannot speak much for the UX as I have not driven one yet. Since the NX would be more of a direct size competitor to the CX-5, I am guessing the UX will be significantly smaller. See how you fit first.

Old 09-20-2018, 12:54 PM

568 posts, read 1,128,585 times
I believe you have to opt for the hybrid version of the UX to get AWD. So not sure how you feel about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive