Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 01:29 PM

2,793 posts, read 4,051,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Really glad to hear it and it's really good to know If someone else happens to make a post.

Im sure it was stressful even though you tried to do your homework. Was it wider then what you hoped to get?

From what I had seen, it just felt wider. Probably because it was square shaped whereas all the other SUV's were tapered from the door up to the roofline. BUT, it wasn't so wide, or wide feeling, that parking was hard. Granted, I was in Texas, I'm sure those parking spots were made for BIG trucks. LOL.

The Flex was super easy to drive. Had a backup camera and everything. If it was the family car, I'd be happy to take it on road trips.....sooo comfy. Just parking would be harder here in OR. Haha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2018, 01:31 PM

I wanted to add. Enterprise was really great about accommodating me needing to keep the car longer and not knowing how long. I mean, I was supposed to turn the car in on Wed. I called on Mon saying I know that's not going to be possible, but unsure when I'll get back. They just said to call them as soon as we'd know. I called them Thursday morning and let them know I'd have it back on Saturday. I mean, don't get me wrong, I got charged for all that, but it's not like they were saying, "we need the car back now", cuz y'know, I wasn't leaving Texas until I knew for sure that my dog was going to come home with us....or not.

Old 12-14-2018, 04:10 PM

6,337 posts, read 11,506,538 times
What kind of MPG did you get?

Old 12-14-2018, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeksitter View Post
What kind of MPG did you get?

I'm not 100% sure. I'd have to go find some pictures I took (of the mileage) and find the matching receipt. I can try to do that over the weekend.

Until then, here's some info. The Flex tank is like 18 gallons. I know one time I calculated it and was shocked we were only getting something like 20-21 mpg. I'd say we could go about 350-375 miles on a tank, and when you fill up, it'd be about 15 gallons. And we could drive fast since the speed limits were high. Typically we were driving around 75-85 mph, and if it was slower, it was due to weather, winding roads, elevation change or all 3 at once.

Old 12-15-2018, 09:11 AM

991 posts, read 1,221,163 times
Actually a Flex is a great car. I help the relative buy two of them ... one of which I drive often ... all-wheel drive turbos, so they are relatively quick. They don't get great mileage, but they do have a ton of room and drive like a station wagon, not like a SUV.
Glad you survived. :-)

Old 12-17-2018, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regajohn View Post
Actually a Flex is a great car. I help the relative buy two of them ... one of which I drive often ... all-wheel drive turbos, so they are relatively quick. They don't get great mileage, but they do have a ton of room and drive like a station wagon, not like a SUV.
Glad you survived. :-)

Station wagon! There you go. I just realized I told my BF that it's like a tall station wagon. Yes, that's what it drives like. It's pretty heavy, so it feels more substantial than a smaller car, but not so tipsy of an SUV, especially in 50mph+ winds.

I gotta admit. Never thought I'd like it. But by the end of the trip, I was sold. Wait, they have turbo's???!!! Nice. I mean, it had a lot of pick-up power to pass and go up the mountains, but still, that would be fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive