U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:29 PM

4,073 posts, read 3,613,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
You're right, the Mustang II was a dog. I had an 82 red manual one. Piece of cr@p. My father made me buy it because I was using too much gas with my 69.

When I think Mustang, I think my 67 Fastback with deluxe interior that I was restoring; I think of my 1st one 1969 Grande style or I think the pony cars which body style does nothing for me. The most popular are the fastback type and of course people think Shelby when you think old Mustang.

Mustangs 1st got killed in 1970 when they started to make them larger. 1969 has always been my "cut off" for a real Mustang. Then they went ultra small. Whoever designed the Mustangs around now did a decent job keeping them smallish yet making them resemble what people like in a Mustang. Heck, I've even seen a few that I would buy if I was able to get into a car.

Torino would be a good name to bring back if they can retool the car to what people want today. Falcon is another popular Ford car. My dad owned a lot of them, they're still around. I think they could retool it and reuse the name.
First; an 82 mustang is a fox chassis car, not an Mii. MustangIIs were from 74-78. And on the Pinto chassis

Second; 71-3 are the large cars. And they're barelly bigger than 64-70.
Ford has built the Falcon in Australia for decades, up until last year I think.
The Torino would probably end up like a rebadged Flex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 10:38 PM

10,772 posts, read 22,471,954 times
Has anyone else noticed the huge jump in prices on nice Fox Body Mustangs?

They are going for $10-$15K some over $20K

Old Today, 05:31 PM

16,023 posts, read 9,896,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
Has anyone else noticed the huge jump in prices on nice Fox Body Mustangs?

They are going for $10-$15K some over $20K

How often do you ever see one on the road these days, and Ford made a bazillion of them. The wrecking yard I go to always has a few, and they are almost always 4 cylinder cars.

We have two Foxes, a 92 hatch and a 84 Capri, both being built as drag/sometime street cars. But I rarely see any on the roads anymore, just driving around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or