U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 03:32 PM

11,650 posts, read 10,156,219 times
Still think it's the narrow roads and wider vehicles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2008, 03:42 PM

3,543 posts, read 8,868,707 times
huh, what. i have no clue what i just read

Old 04-24-2008, 01:14 PM

1,158 posts, read 2,233,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnstarr View Post
what's up with all these people on cell phones while driving. Is that supposed to be cool or something? Hey look at me I'm on the tele.............. Oh boy!
Yeah, its pretty crazy.. I drive an 89 Civic and I really enjoy that car on the highway because I FEEL everything on the road, therefore it keeps me alert and constantly looking out for the other drivers around me.. I'm also big on paying attention to the road signs and try to stay within five miles over the speed limit.
I can't even remember when I last used my cell phone while driving. Both my wife and I have a rule that if we don't have to talk on the phone while driving, we won't, and you'll find out that most of those conversations that folks have while speeding down the freeway are pointless.
I just wait until I get home so I can give the other person on the line my full attention..

Oh well, I digress

Old 04-26-2008, 04:21 PM

26 posts, read 31,213 times
from mbuszu: I drive within the rust-belt and I've also lived all over the country. I must concur with a lot of the other posters, I've not seen anything like this before. I do believe a bit in the "law of attraction" and perhaps you are so obsessed with this that you're noticing it happening or it is actually happening with irregular frequency to you. I have a simple solution for you... stop obsessing about it!

Ya, if you live in some place like oz, (pay no attention to that man behind that 18 wheeler, who is about to terminate you & your family.) Get real buddy! Quote me: Living in a world gone madd...

Old 04-26-2008, 05:55 PM
miu

12,955 posts, read 21,504,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnstarr View Post
hello,
I am new to this forum. I have an issue that has been bothering me for some time now that I just have to ask others if this is happening in your area also. I have lived in nothern ohio all my life (51) and I have never seen anything like what is now taking place on the roadway. In the past 4 years or so, cars, trucks,suvs have been going left of center only to swing back into their lane before impact, I kid you not. This happens nearly every time I drive (is that insane or what?) The worst thing is this (IMO) is done intended. I drive a civic and I assume they don't like what I am driving. Although this has happened to me in my nissan pickup and infinity also. Its always been one of the big 3,(take your pick) that does this one trick pony. Anyway if your reading this then I am not dead yet. I need to find a much safer place to live and soon... suggestions?
I wonder if this is similar to my boyfriend's gripe with SUV drivers. They don't seem to know where their truck's right side ends, so anytime the road is empty, they center their SUV in the middle of the empty space. I think that they think they SUV is wider than it is.

So on the local roads, an SUV will be driving towards us and in the middle of the road straddling the two lanes... until he or she gets close to us and is forced to move over and stay only in their lane. Once that SUV passes us, they are floating in the center of the two lane road once again.

Most SUV drivers should not be driving a vehicle that big imo. And they also are really bad at parking too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive