Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2018, 08:37 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,391,525 times

Advertisements

i like the butterscott that the tacoma has.

my dad was, there only one color for cars, white, and every car in my life has been white
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2018, 06:57 AM

3,465 posts, read 4,839,028 times
White has pretty much always been the best seller. The reason being is because it doesn't show scratches like any other color and doesn't look dirty two hours after it has been washed. A white car that hasn't been washed for two weeks looks cleaner than a dark color car that was washed yesterday.

As for "different" colors or new wild colors, the reason you don't see them much is because "different" doesn't sell. Everyone in business pretty much knows that. A niche color does not bring a higher price tag, typically it ends up selling for less because it sits on the lot for months until the dealer starts discounting it just to get it off the lot and open up space for a white, silver or black car they can sell. Same thing goes for used cars. Go buy you an orange or metallic green camaro and see how much longer it takes you to sell it vs. a white one listed for sale at the same time. You will end up taking at least $1000 less too just to get rid of it. The different colors narrow your potential buyer market drastically.

Old 11-05-2018, 09:09 AM

1,846 posts, read 832,803 times
The last car I purchased was white, not because I wanted it white. Because there where only 8 (white, 2 grays, silver, black red, 2 blue) colors choices for that year and finding a used one in blue or red was a hell of an ordeal.

Old 11-05-2018, 09:21 AM

3,133 posts, read 2,257,513 times
Here in the intense sun of Florida, it’s either white or silver for me.

Old 11-05-2018, 05:37 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,699,483 times
Almost had my wife convinced to buy this. Soooo close. $$ stopped her. She is too fiscally responsible.

Old 11-05-2018, 08:51 PM

8,553 posts, read 10,975,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Almost had my wife convinced to buy this. Soooo close. $$ stopped her. She is too fiscally responsible.

If by some weird experience I won that car in a raffle, or whatever, I would keep it just long enough to sell it.
I think it is one of the most ugly vehicles on the road.

Performance is great, but I just can't get pass the ugliness.

I'll keep my C5.
Of course it's all personal choice, but I think the C5 is the best looking Corvette produced, especially the convertible.

Bob.

Old 11-05-2018, 09:40 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,975,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
If by some weird experience I won that car in a raffle, or whatever, I would keep it just long enough to sell it.

I'll keep my C5.
Of course it's all personal choice, but I think the C5 is the best looking Corvette produced, especially the convertible.

Bob.
X2 looking forward to the mid engine platform.

Old 11-06-2018, 07:38 AM

3,798 posts, read 2,323,425 times
I love color. I love the lime green metallic on the little Chevy Sparks (would love to have a little EV version in that color). I love Plum Crazy on Challengers. I absolutely love that orange-yellow Lamborghini color and love it on other cars. I want to paint my '63 Comet that color, as pictured below. I've had purple custom cars, and pink ones, and multi-toned cars. I've custom painted cars in oranges, browns, purples, blues, and pastels. I've searched out specific shades when searching used cars. But I also like black and dark greys on the right cars. My wife's daily driver is black and it's a real pretty car and mine is a fairly rare blue.
Attached Thumbnails
Most popular car colors and why are they so boring now...-cometside1b.jpg   Most popular car colors and why are they so boring now...-bug06c.jpg   Most popular car colors and why are they so boring now...-bug03b.jpg   Most popular car colors and why are they so boring now...-datsun05.jpg   Most popular car colors and why are they so boring now...-falconrex2.jpg  

Old 11-06-2018, 01:30 PM

3,465 posts, read 4,839,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post

I'll keep my C5.

Bob.

I love my C5 Z06. I can't even describe how much fun it is to drive. It took me a while to get used to seeing the C7. I still do not like the C7 Stingray but now the C7 Z06.....that car is pretty awesome looking. The wider body and and more agreesive spoiler, side skirts, splitter and brake cooling intakes make it look a whole lot better. You can tell the difference between a Stingray and a Z06 from about a mile away.

Old 01-06-2019, 06:32 PM

2,258 posts, read 1,137,597 times
I was in the mall parking lot and once again saw the majority White Greys Silvers and Blacks that were depressing me as I walked by them.

I think that manufacturers have been coming up with different colors that dont get dated. With many of the car sales being new and leased, I dont believe that anyone in hot climates buys car colors worrying about fading. But I dont know anyone down there so I have no data on that.

These are 3 great colors for this car, but of course might not necessarily work on other models. They actually work better than white black or grey. More colors like these should be on the roads. The manufacturers make them.

Last edited by Harry Hemi; 01-06-2019 at 06:51 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive