U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2018, 08:49 AM

2,933 posts, read 8,401,889 times

Advertisements

https://www.wjhg.com/content/news/Ca...499323801.html
Another, just last week. Quick search across the US, happens almost daily somewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2018, 11:05 AM

4,621 posts, read 3,231,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Is it just me or are there more people then ever before driving past stopped school buses with stop signs extended then ever before? Recent news stories brought this to mind of three siblings killed and a fourth child severely injured. Have you ever intentionally done this? Why so many more today than in decades past?
I have never done the above. I don't believe the present system (Big Yellow Buses, flashing strobe and yellow lights, extended lane blocking arms,cameras,etc) is working. For the money spent so far and the results, just put an armed guard on the bus and have the guard stop traffic. Idiots may not see lights, but they never miss an M16.

Old 11-07-2018, 12:13 PM

6,853 posts, read 1,660,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
5 times more likely than a drunk to cause an accident, yet their use is blatant; and not enforced in my state b/c it's not even a moving violation.
Alot of that is probably due to the cell phone industry, they have influence to prevent truly effective laws against their use while driving.

Same kind of thing when its alcohol or drugs that cause a wreck, if its alcohol related, the blame is put squarely on the individual, (none on the alcohol industry), but when a wreck is caused by prescription drugs, most of the blame is put on the pharma industry, or greedy doctors....when cell phones cause wrecks, the blame is 100% on the individual.

Old 11-15-2018, 10:23 PM

162 posts, read 166,120 times
Saw this today. https://www.fox13news.com/news/373082705-video

Old 11-16-2018, 09:40 AM

12,624 posts, read 19,082,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsgoingon4 View Post

Looked like the bus turned right after the stop. Makes me wonder why the stop was on the main road if it's going to turn anyway? Glad to see cops enforcing something besides speeding though.

Old 11-29-2018, 06:13 PM

8,936 posts, read 7,450,011 times
http://wjla.com/news/local/girl-hosp...ounty-maryland

7 year old girl in coma being hit by 35 year old woman driving a truck

Old Yesterday, 10:46 AM

3,718 posts, read 1,594,967 times
Well, no one wants to talk about the incredible traffic jams created by the school buses stopping at EVERY SINGLE HOUSE along a long road. Sooner or later someone's going to try to go around.

First order of business would be to rationalize the pickup locations. There is no earthly reason why children can't walk down to the end of the block.

Old Yesterday, 04:56 PM

8,315 posts, read 6,145,172 times
I slow down when I see a bus with lights on even if it's on the other side of a divided highway. Which has no requirement to stop here.. Not sure if that holds true for every state or not.

But, I remember growing up in VA.. Once or twice a week someone always went by the bus and the driver would lay on the horn.

I'm sure someone posted the great video of the cops that blocked the road as a bus stopped and had 30 or 40 cars pulled over.

Old Yesterday, 11:44 PM

6,853 posts, read 1,660,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
Well, no one wants to talk about the incredible traffic jams created by the school buses stopping at EVERY SINGLE HOUSE along a long road. Sooner or later someone's going to try to go around.

First order of business would be to rationalize the pickup locations. There is no earthly reason why children can't walk down to the end of the block.
Thats what we had to do in middle school, the bus would not come down the whole street, it would only come to the top of the street, and the kids were expected to be standing there waiting for it.

Its was only about a 20 minute walk to the top of the street though. Ive never heard of buses stopping at each house though, that is crazy, that would certainly cause too much traffic to build up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or