U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2018, 12:46 PM

4,807 posts, read 4,922,219 times

Advertisements

36% own dogs.
Not all dogs travel in cars but those that do BLACK is the worst color for dog hairs.

Not all vehicles have black cloth interior but many do.

I have black now in my 2009 Versa and every bit of dust shows up. Vacuum. Vacuum. Vacuum.

Give me anything but black.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2018, 01:39 PM

1,063 posts, read 455,097 times
I haven't owned a vehicle for many years, but I rent one now and then.
I'll probably be buying one soon, and based on my experience with the rental cars,
a black interior will be a disqualifier (looking at you, Mazda). Small objects like pens
and cell phones easily disappear in a black interior.

Old 11-19-2018, 09:51 PM

2,445 posts, read 4,462,050 times
I have a car with charcoal gray fabric seats and after 8 years, they look like new. My last car had beige and they got really dirty. Especially when new jeans left a little dye on them. I wouldn't have beige again if I could help it. I also hate leather for all kinds of reasons.

Old 11-20-2018, 06:08 AM

2,801 posts, read 741,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4me View Post
I haven't owned a vehicle for many years, but I rent one now and then.
I'll probably be buying one soon, and based on my experience with the rental cars,
a black interior will be a disqualifier (looking at you, Mazda). Small objects like pens
and cell phones easily disappear in a black interior.
So the color of the interior makes things disappear, and if it were a different color things would not disappear i want what you are smoking lol lol. Maybe i should of had a black interior when married to my x wife then maybe she would of disappeared also. Lol lol. Omg you have to be kidding.

Old 11-20-2018, 10:43 PM

4,853 posts, read 6,998,276 times
With me, it depends on the exterior color of the vehicle.
Two vehicles that I once owned(sold not to to long ago) my 66 Tbird had bright white seats, and highlights in the interior matched to body color.
My Continental MK V had a black body with tan interior.
Great color combination.
My Corvette has tan seats, with tan and black highlights in the interior.
With the magnetic red body, again, a great color combination.

Bob.
Attached Thumbnails
Interior colors?-dsc00210-vi.jpg   Interior colors?-dsc00219-vi.jpg   Interior colors?-dsc02673.jpg   Interior colors?-mark-v-interior.jpg  

Old 11-21-2018, 04:32 AM

4,807 posts, read 4,922,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
So the color of the interior makes things disappear, and if it were a different color things would not disappear i want what you are smoking lol lol. Maybe i should of had a black interior when married to my x wife then maybe she would of disappeared also. Lol lol. Omg you have to be kidding.
Well. Almost. Black SHOWS everything. Makes the car look dirtier much quicker.

Those in apartments and condos - a little tougher to drag out that shop vac to vacuum the interior with black.

Old 11-21-2018, 09:30 AM

440 posts, read 316,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
Not black. Too hot.
I must be weird, because I've had 4 cars with black leather (two oft those also black exterior) and three with stone/beige, and never found the black offensively hot. It may well have been hotter if you measured the surface temperature, but for all practical purposes no difference.

Old 11-21-2018, 10:01 AM

879 posts, read 462,261 times
I love the look of red or tan leather. White/cream leather makes the interior look super classy and refined...for the short time until it gets stained...

Black or grey is too vanilla and plain.

I think blue leather would be pretty cool too. Don't see many of those.

Old 11-21-2018, 06:37 PM

1,595 posts, read 1,997,268 times
I'm not keen on black interiors. It's just too dark. The dash is black on every car now, and the console is usually black and the carpet is black. The black upholstery is just too much.

White or light tan is my favorite interior color. My 2003 Camry was red salsa pearl (exterior) with a tan interior, tan dash and tan carpet and it was beautiful. I should have kept that car and ditched the husband who made me sell it! LOL.

The 2018 Camry is offered with a "cockpit red" leather interior. I think it looks completely hideous.

Old 11-21-2018, 10:30 PM

2,801 posts, read 741,338 times
I& you want more of a variety of interior color choices then you have to get a Bentley, or a Rolls Royce.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or