U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2018, 10:58 AM

5,096 posts, read 6,277,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukiyo-e View Post
I have a car with charcoal gray fabric seats and after 8 years, they look like new. My last car had beige and they got really dirty. Especially when new jeans left a little dye on them. I wouldn't have beige again if I could help it. I also hate leather for all kinds of reasons.
Yes! I forgot about the jeans thing. My last car had tan leather. The driver's seat had a blue hue because I pretty much wear jeans every year. And it absolutely would not come off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2018, 01:49 PM

3,474 posts, read 2,868,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsgoingon4 View Post
What's your preferred interior color on a car?

I had a Dodge Charger rental for a few months, black exterior with an all black interior. Surprised it wasn't as hot as I expected it would get in the sun. I know it's meant to look sporty, but I didn't care for an all black interior. On a dark cloudy day it got depressing, felt like being in a cave to me. Plus it always showed dust.

I've seen red making a comeback some. I remember when cars had red interiors but I was never a big fan of it, blue a little more. A green interior a little more. Have seen cars with orange upholstery also.
No idea what is most common, I don't usually drive common cars other than rentals if I can help it.

My GTS has Guards Red exterior with black interior. I don't think there were other color options on the GTS's. Wheels are murdered-out center-locks, too. It's a striking combo: that which is not Guards Red, is black, in terms of trim. That was the trend, and damned if it doesn't work. Looks great in white exterior and in-fact every other color I've seen.

Eyeballed a white interior, blue exterior, Audi S5 back in 2011. Nice car. White interior looks striking, I'm sure will show filth but if one uses some TLC...

The blacked-out Tesla X with white interior I eyeballed recently is kind of trippy. For a corporate cruiser, it looks great. They plummet greatly from retail in the first five years, so may examine a Model X P100D in a few years (about 2022) when they've been out awhile. Remarkable cars, if you can make that whole electric thing a part of your life.

Red looks good with dark gray on some sports coupes, I believe. Saw an old ZR-1, the original from Corvette c. 1989, white with red leather some years ago. Thought about buying it, just to have, but those old 'Vettes (or any) don't grab me at this time.

Saw a couple year old 911 with dark blue exterior (one of my favorites) and an orange-y brown interior. The color name of the latter escapes me. Almost maybe a saddle brown. Striking, that being other side of the color wheel from blue I believe.

Old 11-23-2018, 02:18 PM

338 posts, read 223,510 times
Currently have all black interior and am so sick of it! Next vehicle will be cream leather interior.

Old 11-23-2018, 08:02 PM

93 posts, read 22,026 times
Always had black. Recently bought a car with ivory colored seats that have a black carbon fiber strip down the middle, looks really good.

Old Yesterday, 10:23 AM

836 posts, read 269,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalGal View Post
The last car I had had tan leather. It looked great new. But after a few years, it was just dirty. To the point that no level of cleaning would get all the stains out. True it doesn't show dust, but dust can be removed. The ground in dirt and such could not.

So when I recently bought a new car, I got black leather (black exterior). A good vacuum, and it looks great. I live in Texas, and I didn't notice it being any hotter this summer than my last car.

I just don't like leather that isn't black or tan (or brown). Other colors (like red and grey) just aren't found in nature, and so just look fake to me. A light grey is also going to show just as much dirt as a tan interior.

I don't like fabric interiors.
You should be cleaning the leather yearly, then it never gets that bad.

If you had hit it with some steam, I bet most of it would have come out.

Old Yesterday, 11:13 AM

3,719 posts, read 2,074,966 times
My favorite new exterior / interior combo is the Genesis G70 in Black Forest Green and with a Cream interior green leather dash and chrome accents.

First there exterior last 3 interior:

https://cmsimages-alt.kbb.com/conten...1280.1280.jpeg

https://d32c3oe4bky4k6.cloudfront.ne...29D1822FE8ABFF

https://www.wardsauto.com/sites/ward...?itok=TwkXWoKk

https://images.carscoops.com/2018/07...esis-g70-8.jpg

https://st.automobilemag.com/uploads...or-seats-2.jpg

https://st.automobilemag.com/uploads...or-seats-2.jpg

Old Yesterday, 01:20 PM

155 posts, read 163,881 times
Hard to believe that's a Hyundai. I mean, Hyundai has pretty nice interiors but this is really nice, but given the price tag, I guess it had better be.

I like a green exterior with cream interior as well, that's one of my favorite color combos, along with a nice copper-ry color over cream.

Unfortunately green doesn't seem to be a very common car color these days, although there are some gray/green metallics that are good enough for me.

It seems your average car colors these days though, are beige, silver, black, white or red. You see so many interesting colors in parking lots or on the road, but you go to a dealership and they only seem to have those few. :s

Old Today, 08:42 AM

440 posts, read 316,876 times
That cream colored steering wheel jumps out at me the wrong way. Rest of it, thumbs up!

Old Today, 09:53 AM

6,411 posts, read 3,521,012 times
Black and Beige works really well together in some cars
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or