U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 04:01 PM

94 posts, read 22,026 times

Advertisements

My mother in law bought a 2017 Malibu with 35,000 miles. I said the warranty is up in 1,000 miles, for a couple thousand more she could get a brand new car. Apparently she got it because the sales person was nice and that was the car they were pushing to sell. She doesn't know how to fill washer fluid or operate the basic functions of the car. When I looked at the car, one tire was coming apart from the previous owner hitting a curb, it was literally unraveling. So many certified used cars are sold with unsafe tires or with warning lights still on, certified doesn't mean much especially with GM from my experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 05:09 PM

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
All three vehicles I have owned I have bought used. All three came with the owner's manual. If the car doesn't come with one, you could probably buy one.
This largely depends on if the previous owner either took out or kept (or lost) the owners manual. I've bought used owners manual before.

Old Yesterday, 06:56 PM

2,805 posts, read 741,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagistrateAwesome View Post
Keeping it in 1st always sufficed, just remember to out your foot on the clutch before turning the key, yes?
Correct.

Old Today, 01:07 AM

4,985 posts, read 2,222,440 times
My boss hired his daughter to work at his business. Each day she came in to discuss a feature she didn't realize she had in her new car. It was comical some days. Where he and I differed in his daughters responsibility was: I believe in teaching a person how to fish....and He said.why fish when I can go to market and let them do the work! He bought her triple A each year. ^^^This^^ coming from a man who loved to fish and hunt.
I know car care basics...and safety features. Worked on cars ...I respect though that poor knowledge can do more harm. Try telling the person who put anti freeze in her gas tank because she knew the weather outside was going to drop below 20 degrees.

Today's modern day driver doesn't wish to be 'bothered' with how their device works....they just "expect" it to work. I saved $$$$ by sheer knowledge of how my car runs and what parts are really not necessary to replace ...if it ain't broke ..yada yada.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or