Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2018, 04:42 PM

2 posts, read 1,266 times

Advertisements

I was rear-ended by one of their semis. I was sitting (not moving) on the shoulder because of another accident that was blocking the traffic lanes. Sitting there, WHAM! a Peterbilt hits my backside. The driver said they were avoiding another car and ditched to the shoulder where I was located. Totaled my truck with $20K damage and they say it's not their fault. I'm not even moving and out of the traffic lanes so how is it NOT their fault?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2018, 05:23 PM

8,712 posts, read 6,758,144 times
This has nothing to do with Reliable as a company.

I've used them four or five times to transport cars, with only one minor issue that was quickly resolved.

What "they said" is irrelevant. Fault is up to the reporting LEO and the two insurance companies, and the behind vehicle in a rear-ender is almost never less than 50% at fault, usually 100%.

Old 11-30-2018, 04:35 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietude View Post
This has nothing to do with Reliable as a company.

I've used them four or five times to transport cars, with only one minor issue that was quickly resolved.

What "they said" is irrelevant. Fault is up to the reporting LEO and the two insurance companies, and the behind vehicle in a rear-ender is almost never less than 50% at fault, usually 100%.

this. sorry OP, but the driver is responsible for his actions, not the company. in the end the ompany will probably have to pay up for the damages though.

Old 11-30-2018, 05:03 AM

6,143 posts, read 5,252,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasoncarmer View Post
Totaled my truck with $20K damage and they say it's not their fault.
They rear ended you. It's their fault.

Old 11-30-2018, 07:09 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,524,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasoncarmer View Post
I was rear-ended by one of their semis. I was sitting (not moving) on the shoulder because of another accident that was blocking the traffic lanes. Sitting there, WHAM! a Peterbilt hits my backside. The driver said they were avoiding another car and ditched to the shoulder where I was located. Totaled my truck with $20K damage and they say it's not their fault. I'm not even moving and out of the traffic lanes so how is it NOT their fault?
Hitting a stationary object is the moving vehicles fault. It doesn’t matter what hpwas happening. Avoiding a swerving vehicle is not a excuse to hit a stationary vehicle. It may be unavoidable. A percentage of the fault may lie with the “swerving” vehicle but it doesn’t matter. He hit you he’s at fault. If you were in the car I strongly suggest you get a lawyer, go see a doctor and do not speak to the company without your lawyer.

They are already trying to get out of the accident liability.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive