Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2018, 09:59 PM

6,980 posts, read 5,411,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
You don’t buy a SSR to use it to haul lumber. It was a retro design to showcase what GM can produce. It was never designed to be a work truck. It’s a status vehicle. A cruiser. A toy, a show off vehicle.
And I personally like them. I would get a 6.0 and supercharge it.
But they didn’t sell well enough to keep making them did they.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2018, 10:24 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,503,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
But they didn’t sell well enough to keep making them did they.
Because it was never designed to be a full production vehicle. It was designed as a niche vehicle. Limited numbers. If they wanted a production they would make a base version and would most likely have a few different trim levels. Corvettes dont sell in huge numbers either. It’s a flagship vehicle.

Old 12-07-2018, 11:07 PM

1,151 posts, read 2,036,479 times
GM pretty well ensured that I would never buy one of their full-sized pickups a few years back when they discontinued the option for a manual transmission. I wouldn't care if it were the most beautiful truck on the market, if it doesn't have a clutch pedal, my money doesn't get spent on it.

Old 12-08-2018, 12:30 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,675,571 times
I miss manual transmissions. I gave up a few years back when I figured out anything I could still get one in wasn't what I wanted.

Old 12-08-2018, 12:37 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,301,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creature of the Wheel View Post
I wonder what Mahk will say about it.
LOL got to love Mahk

Old 12-08-2018, 12:40 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,671,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddm2k View Post
Beds are an afterthought with growing second row seating. Unless...

Longbed Conversions - Stretch My Truck
Good point. Not only is the short bed limited cargo space, but you aren't going to be making any tight corners hauling a 5th wheel without crunching the cab. It's too bad vans are out of fashion nowadays. The Ford Econoline used to be a great passenger/luggage hauler and the stuff in the back didn't get wet.

Old 12-08-2018, 02:07 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
These new pickups get way better mpg than their older versions people have to stop thinking about the older trucks. And smaller S10 pickups are never coming back thers no big demand for them you are in a minority unmong people that want full size pickups. Don’t you think that the automakers would bring back the smaller pickup’s if millions of people wanted them. They are not going to open a assembly plant to only please the sm@ll group of people who want one,thers no money in it. So even if gas prices go higher the new pickups and SUVs get way better mpg than the older ones.
People didn't want Hybrids either........or so the manufacturers told us. Yes, I would be in the minority of those who want full size trucks. We are not discussing those people.

Old 12-08-2018, 07:50 AM

3,700 posts, read 4,844,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
Good point. Not only is the short bed limited cargo space, but you aren't going to be making any tight corners hauling a 5th wheel without crunching the cab.
They still make the 2 standard length (6 1/2 and 8) ft beds as well. Not all crew cabs are those extra short beds. 3/4 ton and larger still only come with standard beds.

Besides, anybody with any sense with a fifth wheel isn't going to be buying a super short bed 1/2 ton any way!

Though not for me, those super short beds serve many well because a full size 4 door cab is more important then bed space for them and the overall length is still manageable.

Old 12-08-2018, 08:52 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,503,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaineiac View Post
GM pretty well ensured that I would never buy one of their full-sized pickups a few years back when they discontinued the option for a manual transmission. I wouldn't care if it were the most beautiful truck on the market, if it doesn't have a clutch pedal, my money doesn't get spent on it.
You’re gonna be really sad when your only option is a Dodge or used market. I don’t think Ford has a manual anymore either. And the used market is very limited on manual transmission trucks. I have a F350 with aZF6 and diesel and I found out it’s a rare option as most were automatics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
Good point. Not only is the short bed limited cargo space, but you aren't going to be making any tight corners hauling a 5th wheel without crunching the cab. It's too bad vans are out of fashion nowadays. The Ford Econoline used to be a great passenger/luggage hauler and the stuff in the back didn't get wet.
Well you can buy a slider hitch. Lots of people don’t need a Kong bedabd prefer 24/28 inch less vehicle length because they use it as a tow vehicle not a work vehicle.

Old 12-08-2018, 09:43 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Because it was never designed to be a full production vehicle. It was designed as a niche vehicle. Limited numbers. If they wanted a production they would make a base version and would most likely have a few different trim levels. Corvettes dont sell in huge numbers either. It’s a flagship vehicle.
It sold below what they expected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC