U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2018, 05:49 PM

13,821 posts, read 29,875,929 times

Advertisements

The ‘push to talk’ voice recognition button. It never understands what I say, and calls the wrong person half of the times I’ve tried using it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2018, 05:56 PM

5,500 posts, read 8,341,934 times
I don't let my car interact with my smartphone. That is the source of most of the complaints for my model car - who needs the hassle. I am content with radio and CD.

My car locks after a certain amount of time. So it is annoying when I pick some one up I have to unlock the door for them.

I would love a skylight that opened but alas it is not to be. I have the moon roof but it is so far back I don't notice it. My passenger enjoys looking at the clouds. The exception to this is the extra headroom so I can "sit up in bed" when I am camping. And of course the view when camping is nice. If I hadn't scheduled an appointment Friday morning I could have driven to Cades Cove and watched the Meteor shower from the comfort of a warm bed.

I like the power hatch but feel silly doing the stork dance in a parking lot hoping it will open. If I am within range and a cat runs under my car the hatch will open - that is disconcerting.

Old 12-16-2018, 05:58 PM

6,219 posts, read 3,363,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAngus View Post
We have a Subaru Forester. It came with a moon roof which we have never used. It also has Bluetooth for something; my eyes must have glazed over when the dealer tried to explain its function to me. It also has a bunch of menus for stuff like setting reminders for maintenance; never used it. My wife loves the heated front seats though.

The Bluetooth is for making hands-free phone calls. You just need to pair up your phone.

Old 12-16-2018, 09:37 PM

3,351 posts, read 2,039,384 times
Bluetooth. The car salesman said he would set it up for me and I said don't bother. I do not make or take phone calls while I am driving. He looked at me like I had 3 heads. Yeah, I know.

Old 12-16-2018, 09:51 PM

13,267 posts, read 12,406,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriNJ View Post
Bluetooth. The car salesman said he would set it up for me and I said don't bother. I do not make or take phone calls while I am driving. He looked at me like I had 3 heads. Yeah, I know.
You can also play music off the phone via bluetooth.

Old 12-16-2018, 10:43 PM

3,561 posts, read 2,230,646 times
Sunroof adds weight in the worst possible place right at the top.
I don't know how to turn on my rear glass wiper either.

Old 12-17-2018, 12:16 AM

5,883 posts, read 3,306,730 times
The rear seat video center and headphones. I never sit back there.

Old 12-17-2018, 12:28 AM

7,532 posts, read 2,377,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Not my current car, but I had a Grand Voyager with a feature that would automatically lock the doors when you would reach a certain speed (I think it was 15 mph). I thought it was fine but my wife didn't like it because much of the time it resulted in the passenger door being locked when she was wanting to get in, so I disabled it.

I still thought it was a pretty good feature, especially in a car marketed mainly to people who were using it to haul kids.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaErik View Post
Your wife was getting in when vehicle speed was over 15 mph?!

Maybe she'd been an acrobat in a circus? Back when I drove cars, not even the ashtray was useless to me, as I put a little pill bottle into it, as a vase for a flower. Once I took a business colleague out for a quick dinner on her evening meal break. When she got in my car and saw the nice rose I had, she started laughing and asked what kind of man was I, who would have a flower in his car? Needless to say, that was a relationship that ended before it had even started.

Old 12-17-2018, 12:44 AM

34,286 posts, read 52,687,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
The ‘push to talk’ voice recognition button. It never understands what I say, and calls the wrong person half of the times I’ve tried using it.

Oh, Yeah! This!! ^^^ Never understood my Polish accent
World, Europe, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Macon, Duluth, Exercise and Fitness, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 12-17-2018, 02:38 AM

439 posts, read 142,881 times
Heated Steering wheel, has been useless for me. For some it may be awesome though, to each their own
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or