U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-03-2019, 08:06 PM
 
Location: MN
2,869 posts, read 2,681,874 times
Reputation: 2258

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Only gun toting rednecks have the time and balls to do something as brazen and useless as this. Are they asking for retaliation? Some of those trucks cost more than a new Model 3
All those trucks are old (early to mid 2000's) and not worth much in truck world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-04-2019, 01:06 PM
 
Location: Minneapolis, MN
6,024 posts, read 12,387,908 times
Reputation: 2647
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
All those trucks are old (early to mid 2000's) and not worth much in truck world.
Id venture a guess that the those involved are in the 16-24 age range....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2019, 08:51 AM
 
801 posts, read 587,707 times
Reputation: 1161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckeeee View Post
My ex sister in law's new love parks his douche car, his 5 series Beamer,
Not to be a d#@k, but in the spirit of enlightenment ...
A Beamer (or Beemer) is a motorcycle a Bimmer is a car ... And yes they (pick-up truck drivers) are probably 16 to 24 year olds
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2019, 01:59 PM
 
Location: OC, CA
9,974 posts, read 13,452,199 times
Reputation: 8816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regajohn View Post
Not to be a d#@k, but in the spirit of enlightenment ...
A Beamer (or Beemer) is a motorcycle a Bimmer is a car ... And yes they (pick-up truck drivers) are probably 16 to 24 year olds
Hahahahaha thanks I needed that laugh today
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 11:17 PM
 
20 posts, read 10,097 times
Reputation: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Like as if some sort of threat coming is felt by ICE owners. Immature and childish it may be, but it's a protest. Also, as it went into media and social networks, it's guaranteed to grow in ranks, by virtue of setting example and copycatting.

Yes, there is a threat, there was a bill in the California legislature about a year ago that proposed banning new sales of non-electric vehicles. Tesla gets government support from the state of CA and moves into a factory that formally produced internal combustion engines, but today isn't economically viable without that favoritism. Gas taxes are raised on everyone else, like these guys in pickups, while the rich guys in their Tesla's get subsidized cars, PG&E discounts etc.



Think about it, if you were forced to subsidize someone else's hobby, and then they turned around and banned yours, wouldn't you get angry?


If driving electric cars were about saving the earth, Tesla drivers would have started driving EV1s in the 90s, or today Nissan Leafs, or would movie to the city and ride a bicycle. In reality, Tesla's are the new BMW/Audi for upper-class guys to simultaneously be masculine and virtue-signal.


Until Tesla drivers subsidize gasoline, I'll just snicker when I see this kind of thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 05:14 AM
 
7,404 posts, read 2,773,240 times
Reputation: 4985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creeping Incrementalism View Post
Yes, there is a threat, there was a bill in the California legislature about a year ago that proposed banning new sales of non-electric vehicles. Tesla gets government support from the state of CA and moves into a factory that formally produced internal combustion engines, but today isn't economically viable without that favoritism. Gas taxes are raised on everyone else, like these guys in pickups, while the rich guys in their Tesla's get subsidized cars, PG&E discounts etc.



Think about it, if you were forced to subsidize someone else's hobby, and then they turned around and banned yours, wouldn't you get angry?


If driving electric cars were about saving the earth, Tesla drivers would have started driving EV1s in the 90s, or today Nissan Leafs, or would movie to the city and ride a bicycle. In reality, Tesla's are the new BMW/Audi for upper-class guys to simultaneously be masculine and virtue-signal.


Until Tesla drivers subsidize gasoline, I'll just snicker when I see this kind of thing.
I think very few Tesla owners are actually environmentally conscious. I know some of the owners on this board, memebers of SUV and truck forums, and neighbors I know, they usually have a Tesla and a Jeep or truck, Suburban, Porsche, etc.
For most people its juts another gadget and it doesnt really mean anything. There are a few that consider themselves EV evangelicals, but are otherwise hippocrits because theyre not riding a bike or living modestly like you mention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 08:29 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles County
11,303 posts, read 9,349,751 times
Reputation: 29803
Little men with little parts (including brains) and large (old ugly) trucks. A bit insecure. Mommy didn't love them enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 02:52 PM
 
7,404 posts, read 2,773,240 times
Reputation: 4985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
Little men with little parts (including brains) and large (old ugly) trucks. A bit insecure. Mommy didn't love them enough.
Says the guy who needs an electric sedan that does 0-60 in 3 seconds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top